Black Spirituality Religion : Ori and its role in Black Self-Sufficiency

Bro. Blackbird, why not consider utilizing the Study Group section for ATR's more, I notice you've posted there a couple of times. If nothing more, it provides quick access to similar Threads easy to find; plus folk that don't follow the ATR may respectfully contribute or ask questions for study purposes:

Study Group Forums

African Traditional Religion Study Group

Ok. I will when I have topics I feel are more appropriate for study group discussion. The concept of ori and it's place among our people I feel is really general. One because even though the term and the concept may issue from an African cultural group the overall premise is universal and not exclusive to ATR practitioners. Also because it does not require one to be a practitioner per se. We are not discussing Odu Ifa specifically or adimu for orisa or protocols for practitioners. That I wouldn't post in a generic area of spirituality. Actually most things specific among practitioners wouldn't really be posted at all on a public forum.

But I understand where you are coming from. I wanted a universal response and perhaps learning. The ATR portion of the forum would limit the response and feedback I believe. I also don't expect much push back for the ATRs as other "religious" beliefs - simply because most people are relatively unfamiliar and not really knowledgeable about them. Even then, we are still good.

Ok. I will when I have topics I feel are more appropriate for study group discussion. The concept of ori and it's place among our people I feel is really general. One because even though the term and the concept may issue from an African cultural group the overall premise is universal and not exclusive to ATR practitioners. Also because it does not require one to be a practitioner per se. We are not discussing Odu Ifa specifically or adimu for orisa or protocols for practitioners. That I wouldn't post in a generic area of spirituality. Actually most things specific among practitioners wouldn't really be posted at all on a public forum.

But I understand where you are coming from. I wanted a universal response and perhaps learning. The ATR portion of the forum would limit the response and feedback I

Gotchu ... understood.

For those who are familiar with the concept of Ori, what do you feel is its role to Black people overall given the condition we face in America?

As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From my small knowledge of Ori it appears to me that we can use that once we are fully conscious of who We really are. I believe that once we Truly accept the knowledge and Truth of ourselves we can then heal ourselves.

From my small knowledge of Ori it appears to me that we can use that once we are fully conscious of who We really are. I believe that once we Truly accept the knowledge and Truth of ourselves we can then heal ourselves.

You raised a good point. I would like to see what others think of that.

The one thing I will say brother is the Yoruba see one's Ori as the avenue to knowledge and Truth of themselves through one's destiny.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back