Black Education / Schools : <<<<<<<<<<<<THE DUMBING DOWN OF EDUCATION>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am actually a college student right now at Morehouse College and I definitely feel all out of wack. First of all, most of the teachers do not know what they are talking about. Especially the history teachers who I may know more than even though they hold doctorates.

So what is your major?

If you are interested in history this will give you a different perspective.

Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs
Secrecy

The last couple of chapters get too weird for me. :uhh:

um

What is education really about? That is a word Black Americans use a lot but I rarely hear anyone try to explain what they mean by it.
Education is the process of knowing all things about all things or all things about one thing. Presumably, if a person knows all things about one thing that person knows all things about all things because everything is connected.

Many non-white people will not agree with this definition because it means there are no educated people in the known universe. To be educated means the person knows all things about all things or all things about one thing. I have not met any person that knows where every blade of grass is on this planet that is over two inches tall.

This also means that there is no such thing as "higher education". All education is high or low or even. Education is a process. The process is not high or low or even. Education is a process that a person goes through even at the time of death...because the person, at the time of death, learns that they are dying.

I enjoyed your post Tyab. Like yourself, I'm a college student as well. My motivation for college waxes and wanes like the moon (currently I'm in my waning phase--don't get a **** about college mode).

I think most of the classes required to become degreed is just "filler" material. The educational system is set up for money, money, and more money. I recently found statistics that show that approximately 15 million people are registered and taking post secondary college courses every year.

I can truly say the only class that I've ever enjoyed was "Intro to Sociology". It opened up my eyes more and gave me the concepts to articulate what I had been thinking concerning the world.

I don't consider a college degree to be real education. I see it as a credential for higher paying, better jobs.

I enjoyed your post Tyab. Like yourself, I'm a college student as well. My motivation for college waxes and wanes like the moon (currently I'm in my waning phase--don't get a **** about college mode).

I think most of the classes required to become degreed is just "filler" material. The educational system is set up for money, money, and more money. I recently found statistics that show that approximately 15 million people are registered and taking post secondary college courses every year.

I can truly say the only class that I've ever enjoyed was "Intro to Sociology". It opened up my eyes more and gave me the concepts to articulate what I had been thinking concerning the world.

I don't consider a college degree to be real education. I see it as a credential for higher paying, better jobs.

I defintely understand. Since I am a freshman most of the classes are filler classes, its amazing how we pay for this, or how such a process was incorporated into our society. Brother Phil Valentine did a tape on the origins of the school system and it is shocking and understandable at the same time.

The most enjoyable classes for me have been biology, some aspects of the history class, sociology, and philosophy (This isn't saying much because I haven't took that many classes). All the other stuff is just repeats of what I did when in grade school. Matter of fact, most of this stuff is repeating of grade school. We all know repetition of information=brain programming. Every year I swear there is a course on slavery and the nazi regime.

Its not that college is terrible or anything, I just always think to myself is it necessary. It moves at turtle speed and you take a lot of stupid classes that waste your money.

I feel the same way about college being a credential for higher paying, well higher paying as in slaving for corporations. Real education is definitely not college, or graduate school in general because there are a lot of dumb and ignorant doctors, etc walking around. I plan on just using the system and eventually doing my own thing as far as business. Books and other methods will be my real education, college will be my passport to get grounded in the matrix.

I defintely understand. Since I am a freshman most of the classes are filler classes, its amazing how we pay for this, or how such a process was incorporated into our society. Brother Phil Valentine did a tape on the origins of the school system and it is shocking and understandable at the same time.

The most enjoyable classes for me have been biology, some aspects of the history class, sociology, and philosophy (This isn't saying much because I haven't took that many classes). All the other stuff is just repeats of what I did when in grade school. Matter of fact, most of this stuff is repeating of grade school. We all know repetition of information=brain programming. Every year I swear there is a course on slavery and the nazi regime.

Its not that college is terrible or anything, I just always think to myself is it necessary. It moves at turtle speed and you take a lot of stupid classes that waste your money.

I feel the same way about college being a credential for higher paying, well higher paying as in slaving for corporations. Real education is definitely not college, or graduate school in general because there are a lot of dumb and ignorant doctors, etc walking around. I plan on just using the system and eventually doing my own thing as far as business. Books and other methods will be my real education, college will be my passport to get grounded in the matrix.

Post-secondary education if it works as planned will delay your entrance into the job market, that is what it is geared to do. The expectation on the part of the white supremacist is that black men especially will not become college students, they will instead become inmates. Once that happens, the system will challenge every step of the way their interest or desire to attend an institution of higher learning. (evidenced by parole or probation questions on most college and financial aid applications) For the individual with a yearning for greater knowledge, college can be a time to reflect and expand ones knowledge base, in a fashion that foments a desire for truth and correctness. Inappropriate education and false knowledge can only assist in the refinement of white supremacist racism. Control of the education of victims of racism insures that they never truly learn what they/we need to know.
I remind myself always that Malcolm's education beyond middle school was a result of painstaking effort on his part to develop true knowledge, for which he did not recieve a degree (as far as I know). Yet he forced the WORLD to stop and take note of his brilliance.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back