Black Education / Schools : 'Marrying Down' Costs Educated Women $25K a Year

Maybe I should post a bunch of smilies so people will stop taking what I post so personally and as if I'm so angry and hostile I'm going to murder them or something.:eek::D:p:cool::confused:;)

Except for Kemetstry. I might take him out one day.:shot:

:rofl:

Some place nice with class

Haha. You say, play nice, then proceed to insult me in this entire post. :lol:

Really? You just didn't like what I had to say, twisted my words and ignored the rest, I called you out on it, and you tell me to back down just so you can get in a few blows yourself.

But it's cool.

Maybe it's not "passionate anger" coming from me as much as it's "hyper-sensitivity" about such topics coming from you? Ever consider that from your own perspective? Probably not.

It doesn't matter tho. All that we've succeeded here is going around in circles trying to prove our points are worth discussing. A real discussion has yet to even begin. Just a bunch of back and forth, and others continually throwing the thread off track because they're uncomfortable with it. So, it's whatever.

I apologize for not being sensitive to your views, even if I don't agree.

When we define ourselves, when I define myself, the place in which I am like you and the place in which I am not like you, I'm not excluding you from the joining - I'm broadening the joining.”
Andre Lorde, Sister Outsider

“You do not have to be me in order for us to fight alongside each other. I do not have to be you to recognize that our wars are the same. What we must do is commit ourselves to some future that can include each other and to work toward that future with the particular strengths of our individual identities. And in order for us to do this, we must allow each other our differences at the same time as we recognize our sameness.”
Andre Lorde, Sister Outsider

I use to ask my man "What is it like to be a Black man in America"?
"What is it like to be Black on your job"?
I don't recall if he answered or what the answer was. I do remove he looked at me as though I should know the answer.
I don't ask any more. He leaves that part of the world when he comes home.
IFE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back