Black Spirituality Religion : SLAVES WHO LOVE THEIR CHAINS WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Were you speaking to me or the author of the thread?

If you were addressing me, I don't have a problem with any of the religious beliefs I mentioned above.

My opinion is "To each his/her own."

However, I was specifically speaking to the original post and its author in asking how his questions pertain to himself and his religion.
the author of the thread

Aknhur When you say revere, What exactly do you Mean? I know what revere means but I want to be sure That I clearly understand the way you are asking me this question.
my apolpogies, let me be clearer, what is your conception of the term YHVH, and what if any value does Hebrew have to the Black community?

Ma'at Hetep

DOES RELIGION HAVE A HOLD ON YOU? OR DO YOU HAVE A HOLD ON RELIGION? DOES RELIGION HAVE A HOLD ON BLACK PEOPLE/
AFRICAN AMERICANS? OR DO BLACK PEOPLE/AFRICAN AMERICANS HOLD ON TO RELIGION?
:whip:

BRO.ELDER BA'KHYR

At one time in my life I would have to say that religion had a hold on me. I was indoctrinated/programmed from a child to believe one way and fear kept me there. Now that I see with a "Third Eye", I understand the principles of religion and it does not have a hold on me nor do hold onto it.

To the second part of your question Imho I would have to say yes to both questions. I'm looking at the Title of your thread again and will say this. The slave owners knew that physical bondage would never work unless it was paired with spiritual bondage. Our people wanted the physical chains removed but chose and still choose to be in mental/spiritual bondage.

Spirituality Religion : SLAVES WHO LOVE THEIR CHAINS WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Wow I am so relieved that we have so many people here with unchained and open minds.I can really relate to Warrior and Nasheed.I to grew up in an environment,where religion was use to control and manipulate you.I live in Mississippi,and let me tell you that fear of going to hell and damnation are used every Sunday in Churches all over the south.I saw the light a few years ago.I would see how they would get the members in a frenzy,get them all emotional and excited,and then hit em with the offering.Wow....I thought.Does anyone else notice whats really going on.I don't go to church anymore,for I see it as a tool to control us and make us act right.Personally,I think that an individual should be free to worship any way they see fit.But its hard here in the south.There is a lot of closed mindedness and misunderstanding.I have a Grandfather and a couple of uncles that are baptist preachers.I don't like to go visit them because they're always trying to preach to me.Telling me that I'm the next Preacher in the family and God ain't finished with me yet.....Oh boy!Can you imagine?

I have a prayer table where I go to meditate or pray or reflect.My uncle seen it and said,"kind of crazy religion you part of boy"?Its really sad to see how judgmental black folks can be.Its really sad that,if I don't live like you live,I'm going to hell.

Though its not a laughing matter.I joke with my friend and tell him,"They took the chains of our ankles and placed them on our minds".He was like,"yeah yeah *****,you and that black power mess".that is sad sad sad!And no ,religion does not have a hold on me either.I see it all for it really is.CONTROL!!!

I heard this a while back and it really hit home...."3:30 in the morning and not a soul in site.We sit 4 deep at the traffic light,talking about how dumb and misguided our brothers and sisters really are.While we wait for a light to tell us when to go"!That was so powerful to me!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back