Black Spirituality Religion : What enslaves the Mind....

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]
    .....Also Frees The Mind.

The Truth About Mental Possession.

We often hear the term "possession is nine tenths of the law" in the case of material property. Which means that if you actually possess something, you have a stronger legal claim to owning it than someone who merely says it belongs to him or her. IE- he or she that actually possesses a thing, owns that thing- unless they are challenged by a claim of ownership. Now we must determine the quality of this possession. To have something in ones personal space, to have, to occupy- are forms of physical possession. What about mental possession? What about the mind? What about the spirit?

Isn't Religion in most cases a form of mental possession? What is happening with us mentally as we read our Bible and repeat our verses and hymns? What is happening as we call out to our Jesus Christ? To Allah? To Jehovah?
    Are such forces used to take ownership our minds? Do they not possess us mentally and move us in a way that is indifferent to the path prior to our calling?

We do these things not for the sake of enslavement, but for the sake of breaking free from some form of enslavement. The Christian will view Jesus Christ as their Savior, because the programming of Jesus Christ takes them away from a form of enslavement that appears to be absent after the rituals of Jesus Christ are performed. This belief in and of itself is a form of mental possession. The only thing that has changed is the mind. A small tweak of belief goes a long way.

We often throw stones at Christianity because it is the most popular form of anti-spirituality. But there would be no Christianity to begin with without spiritual obsession and possession. In all fairness, all poorly understood spiritual customs become Christ-realities. It is the simple equation of- "do this- as we have done it- or else!"

Such an idea and concept- is ancient, and it is also a manifestation of mental slavery. Which is why so many reject it and pursue their own versions of spiritual freedom. What we must bare in mind- literally- is whatever frees the mind has the potential to enslave the mind.

For example. Music frees the mind. But listening to the same song over and over and over and over can drive you crazy- as well as anyone around you.
    Magickal practices can free the mind. But magick without moderation can destroy the will of the user. Meditation can free the mind, but the person that devotes their entire life to meditation is missing out on the voice of life speaking directly to them. There are many rituals that free the mind, yet they must be observed and rated so we can understand them better.

A Man who devotes himself to several Women in order to never be tied down to one- and thus free....has the right idea, just the wrong premise.

The idea that having many options is the source of freedom is an illusion. A field filled with many oranges is a field filled with only one type of fruit. What we taste in the moment is not the selection, but the quality of our minds. Thus- one Woman can be a million Women if for ever time her Man engages with her he changes the quality of his mind. It is indeed that simple.

In that same vein. The soul is engaged to the body. The binding of this engagement is the mind itself. Whatever possesses the mind, owns and controls the body. When the Conjurer awakens a spirit to seek revenge on an enemy, that spirit goes out not to possess the soul, but the mind- which in turn controls the body. This person might end up killing their entire family and then killing themselves. That is the darker more abstract version.

The mind is also possessed by logos, sigils, words in advertising, songs on the radio, ads in the paper. Notice that there are people that can't live without name brand items. For those with stronger minds, such forms of influence are canceled out. For weaker and less developed minds, like children- these methods possess them and rewire them internally. They wear the marks of their owners on their foreheads. It is a repetitious thought they visit hundreds of times during the day. Their minds become a broadcasting station for the energy that now controls them.

Most likely it is not an agenda of their own making. And usually it will be something that frees the mind and yet overtime enslaving it. Men and Women all over the world can sit and talk about Television shows and video games for hours on end. Our minds are not just rented, they are owned. Our minds can be so easily possessed by societal norms.

2. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    This is a great post and topic. From my understanding the mind is the mouthpiece of the soul. What do you think would truly be freedom of the mind, maybe to know its own power?

3. Da Street Rebel

Da Street Rebel Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    this is why you were invited to the evolution

yes that void is filled in with lies and half-truths. of course there should be some code of conduct man live by to have order but order thru lies is not healthy.

very very true that's why you should listen to songs that lift. point well taken

so true sad some never break that rewiring into adulthood, we just pray that one day we will use i minds and bodies for what it was intended instead of being slaves to the matrix

4. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Peace and Blessings to all,

A few questions please God MS.

1. Was it a deliberate move when you transposed the words in the title i.e "What enslaves the mind, also frees the mind" and this statement further on in your post "whatever frees the mind has the potential to enslave the mind"?

2. You continuously bless us with informative and enlightening posts, which serve (for the majority/ minority) to free our minds, so if one was to apply the caveat of this post, then would it be reasonable to state then that your words also have the potential to enslave our minds?. You have probably asked this question to the many Masters/Teachers/Dieties that you channle for this information.

3. You said "The mind is also possessed by logos, sigils, words in advertising, songs on the radio, ads in the paper". I plead guilty to this. To wit; everytime you write 'IE' for example, '....who merely says it belongs to him or her. IE- he or she that actually possesses a thing...'. my mind automatically translates this as an abbreviation for Internet Explorer lol. *shrugs*.

4. You said 'Magickal practices can free the mind. But magick without moderation can destroy the will of the user.' Do correct me if I am wrong, but isn't magick in the pure sense of the term working in line with the will of the Divine and not yours, in which case the above is what we are striving for?

Apologies for the many questions, and your time in addressing them is always appreciated.

Alexandra

5. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What (kills) Enslaves the Mind?

MA`AT HOTEP

1. The loss of ones purpose...enslaves the mind.

2. Not knowing who your ancestors are...enslaves the mind.

3. Thinking you are someone who you are not...enslaves the mind.

4. Having no self control means that your mind is in fact...enslaved.

5. Not knowing yourself means that your mind is in fact...enslaved.

6. False images of divine and any false worship...enslaves the mind.

7. Not controlling your own future / destiny means that your minds...enslaved.

8. Not knowing your true culture means that your mind is...dead or enslaved.

9. Being perverted / converted means that your mind is confused and...enslaved.

10. Not knowing how to treat yourself and others mean your mind is...enslaved.

11. Not being able to provide your own...food, shelter, clothing, health care after eating yourself sick...means your mind has become most "Enslaved" in deed.

12. The bottom line as far as this subject is concerned is...nothing matters as long as you are spiritually dead to the mental awareness of your own..."Culture / Spirituality" and are control by some one else's false concepts made up just for your..."Mind-Control"...to keep your mind in Slavery...causing your mind to be..."Enslaved" (.)

Ase`

Why is it that we will fight to stay with or put every one else so-called spirituality above our own that we always have a problem excepting?
    The rule is that any person who does (excepts others concepts of worship) that is confused and searching to find their way home but are on the wrong path.

6. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    Alexandra:
    You asked some great questions here and as always I am looking forward to Meta's response. Girl when I read #2 I was like dang....I was thinking the same thing. Which is probably why I am about to back door this post with a Post to Mr. Meta because I cant ignore the fact that this topice makes the little wheels turn in my head.lol

lmao @ IE Internet Explorer....you are too funny.

Peace,
    4EVER

7. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    Peace Mr. Meta:
    First, this thread is really a great topic in that I feel that this is what I having been dealing with for sometime now. Although I was raised as a Christian for the past couple of years I have been feeling that maybe I am not because there are so many things about Christianty that I question, and I wont go into the specifics of it because that's a whole nother talk show and I don't care to get in an exchange with anyone about how I feel. They are my feelings so to heck with what someone else may thing about them, but I have been basically meditating on the situation and I feel what is for me will come.

In regards to Alexandra question #2, it really had me thinking because there are alot of things that I read in your posts that I find myself reflecting back on or practicing during the course of my every day life. A lot of the topics you discuss just make plain sense to me. When something dosent make sense to me I question it and maybe its because I do not have a clear understanding of it. When I read Alexadra's question #2 I was thinking maybe Mr. Meta done enslaved my mind because when he posts something I always want to read it and not only that I carry it with me after I log out. By no means am I accusing you of anything. I have the utmost respect for you and the knowlege you share. I'm just saying the way you present the information that you share always makes sense to me in my mind therefore I am always eager to listen/read anything you have to say and it automatically stays with me. That's all.

Now you know I am not one to type long responses/comments. I come I read , I might say a sentence or 2 then Im out. But I felt compelled to share after reading this. A rare occasion for sure. lol Anyhoo....I appreciate you and what share immensely.

Peace,
    4EVER

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Ase to the Gods and Goddesses! And I hear you God Rebel! You are on schedule! I have your in "mind"!

DW TY already hit most of this on the head. It is really about understanding the power of the mind that keeps us from being enslaved by it. I can use myself as the best example. How could a person like myself who invests so much into into metaphysics, channeling, spiritual science etc- keep from going crazy? I've known people that only study one book and go absolutely nuts. Don't we all? Not to say I am perfect- but I am most certainly perfecting as we all are. Why isn't insanity at my doorstep? Or maybe it is- let me check. Well, it's because I understand the power of the mind. I use that as an anchor point. Which is also kin to knowing thy self. I also use other minds as buffers. So in a sense, when we speak of "mind" understand that we are not only taking about the individual mind but the networking minds pointed in the same direction.

Nevertheless insanity would be at my doorstep without the assistance of others.

Goddess Alex- yes the interchanging was deliberate, a play on words is also a play on minds. I will admit as loudly as possible that the teachings of my Teachers have always enslaved my mind. I remember when I first got into metaphysics, my Teacher at that time was a Goddess- a psychic/clairvoyant etc. While she never had any type of Jim Jones mind control over anyone- however the fact that she was very beautiful and was such a brilliant and intelligent Woman didn't help matters at all for the Males in the class.

I try to reiterate this on different threads that the best answers will always come for ourselves and everyone else are just guides. I am just a guide. I am pointing in a direction many of us are pointing to anyway. We need guides- if only to deviate from them.

Many of my Teachers were just guides. This information doesn't have to "enslave" our minds, but it often does because we have no way of dealing with certain subjects without being in awe of them. A Brotha once joked with me and said one night he saw a yellow star dangling very close to the Earth, and he reach up- caught it and took it home to his Wife, and without skipping a beat she said "yellow is not my color."

If only we had the attitude of this Wife when dealing with our spirituality. I would say I am here to empower, yet someone else can say I building a path to confusion. IE- internet explorer. It's all perspective really.

What you said about IE is very true, allot of people do this and don't admit it. These sigils/symbols as I am learning now due the the recent dream with Anubis- are the keys to how we interact with our holographic realities. It's not just words as symbols or sounds, but everything in reality is a symbol that can possess the mind leading us to a certain interpretation. When I worked in "IT" (information Technology) an old White Lady called up asking me why the coffee holder on her PC wasn't working. She said every time she placed the coffee mug in the holder the PC retracted it back.

Now for us, this story is relevant. We already got the joke here. For someone else without a PC, or who doesn't work with one, it is confusing. What is possessing our mind is this instance- is a memory of using computers, we might even feel free from the stupidity this Woman possessed. We understand the symbol because we understand the intent. The CD drive was not intended to be used as a coffee holder.
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/22760/coffee_cup_holder/

As far as magick and moderation - it can be interpreted as working along with the Divine- the higher self- outside the scope of the Ego- which has been my interpretation as well. I was told just recently actually that there is a point where magick actually ceases to be magick- and just becomes life as you know it. It has no label and that's really the point I am striving for personally. It's almost like how we rate- natural vs supernatural when they are both one in the same. Life is about magick to the magician, so their entire being is magickal. So what needs the moderation is our attempts to be anything other than what we are. This goes back to that Be-Do-Have equation.

When you are a magician- you do magick and you have a magickal existence. Magick can destroy the will of the user, this is why we hear about some who supposedly turn against the occult and go back to Christianity? Or those who say they've been hurt by certain Gods or spirits, been possessed by one too many Entities- and next thing you know they are praising Jesus. How does that happen? How does some open up to their higher self, higher Gods and then turn around and run with their tails between their legs? Their will is destroyed. Understand also that fear is a form of magick that can be used against us too.

I say moderation because it is with moderation that we gain understanding. Now that I am getting deeper into actual spiritual science more so than metaphysics- I am learning the hard lesson about moderation. Like my Queen was telling me- now I can actually build something that would blow us both up, before it was just studies- words and dreams. I believe our Ancestors and Spirits wish for us that we use magick but tailor it towards our own mental diet. Then it reaches the point where our own methods will always be 100% better than anyone claiming to know better.

IE- just because Meta wants to scramble his brains with magnets doesn't mean this choice is for everyone. And don't think you are missing out on any higher journeys either. Or that there is something that you didn't get that you need to get this time around.

Remember I said it really all about the mind. That's the most important part of the equation because if the soul is not conscious of itself, it's just raw energy. We are here to work on our minds, to figure out ways to keep our minds and consciousness intact.

9. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Moorfius- yes what you are saying makes sense! Now if we could only move into the realm of solutions that Ancestor Dr. Wilson asked of us. We have to wonder if so many of us already know these things why is mental slavery among our people still so prominent? It could be that those who claim to have the answers are wrong, or no one listen to them in the first place?

We have to understand that culture can also be a form of mind control, and that there is a difference between mind control//programming and mind creation. Many of those we might accuse of having no culture, or being the furthest way from real African culture are not always mind controlled, that's how their minds were created. Too often we make the mistake of suggesting that all Black people belong to same paradigm because of skin color.

Once we understand these things, then we can provide real world solutions. We must recognize what has worked for the mentally enslaved that are now free and why did it work? Next we must fully understand why there is such a thing as mental slavery if we are indeed Gods and Goddesses? It could be- and this is a quick guess- that is an option.

Not only is the Universe holographic, but it is spherical. Because it is spherical there are cycles, nothing stays the same for long. So why do we have these lineal views then if we live within and around a spherical hologram? Is this not an option to be this way? Certainly. Because there are no laws of governance suggesting how a person should think, there are however education systems that train us to be more lineal than spherical.
    A spherical thinker understands there is a way "around" everything. This is the way of the Universe itself. Place a barrier between any plant, insect or animal on this planet- they will always find a way around it.

Still- as Gods and Goddesses lineal thinking is an option. Thus, being an enslaved God is also an option. Why we do it is better understood by those that share those same frequencies. Some of our people think that having enough to get them to the Club every Friday or Saturday is freedom. And perhaps in their realm of existence this is true. But if we were to knock on their door with plans to build a nation, we would be rejected because they cannot visualize how building a nation would provide anything different for them than what they have now. In fact that might view such an idea as confinement.

We will walk away saying such people are mind controlled. We must recognized that this is the way the majority of our people have been engineered. If the African Warriors in consciousness understand we are at War, then why don't we also understand that there are always casualties of war?

We can become enslaved to anything we don't fully understand. And there is no way to fully understand the truth about African culture without self investment beyond the books and rhetoric, we have to become very real- very scientific and start tapping into our very selves. I say this because everyone has the option to tap into the self. When we support other means we become Black Separatists, we all have limitations to information- but no one is limited from the self. If we have a really serious desire for nation building, a return to African culture and truth, to the Divine- then we should also be in support of each one finding their own way by their own means through the understanding of their own selves.

How do you know when one is free? When he or she doesn't really care if you are listening.

Kill that Ego-
    Enslaved God Option.

10. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    GOOD POST META!!!!