Black Spirituality Religion : SLAVES WHO LOVE THEIR CHAINS WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ELDER BA'KHYR, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ELDER BA'KHYR

ELDER BA'KHYR Active Member MEMBER

Social Worker,Teacher,Lecturer
    Ratings:
    +25
    DOES RELIGION HAVE A HOLD ON YOU? OR DO YOU HAVE A HOLD ON RELIGION? DOES RELIGION HAVE A HOLD ON BLACK PEOPLE/
    AFRICAN AMERICANS? OR DO BLACK PEOPLE/AFRICAN AMERICANS HOLD ON TO RELIGION?
    :whip:

BRO.ELDER BA'KHYR

2. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Great question! It will be interesting to see the responses of those who subscribe to specific religions. My opinion is that they will all deny that their religion has a hold on them. In fact, some will even deny that they are a part of a religion. Well, lets see.

Peace and Love

3. ELDER BA'KHYR

Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks A007, I would hope that they would respond Honestly so that we my have a chance of beginning the process of our DELIVERANCE.(Mentally First and Foremost!)

BRO. ELDER BA'KHYR

4. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    GREETINGS BRO. ELDER BA'KHYR.....MY APOLOGIES FOR REPEATEDLY SPELLING YOUR NAME WRONG IN THE PAST....

FIRST , I TAKE ON THE TITLE OF BLACK....I ACKNOWLEDGE THE TITLE OF AFRICAN AMERICAN , THOUGH I FEEL IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE BLACK PEOPLE ARE GIVEN YET ANOTHER AUTHORIZED TITLE TO ADD MORE CONFUSION TO THE MADNESS....

NOW , RELIGION DOES NOT HAVE A HOLD ON ME PERSONALLY , AND I ADMIT TO GOING THROUGH EMOTIONS OF GUILT , ANGER , AND SORROW.....DUE TO TITHING , TURNING THE CHEEK , AND SUBMISSION.....

I WAS NEVER COMFORTABLE PRAYING TO A WHITE JESUS.......ESPECIALLY AFTER BEATING UP WHITE BOYS WHO PROVOKED ME , AND PARTIALLY SEEING THE WRONGS WHITE PEOPLE WERE EXERCISING DAILY WHILE I WAS GROWING UP........AND AS AN ADULT , I ACKNOWLEDGE & RESPECT THE PRESENCE OF A HIGHER POWER , I JUST REFUSED TO PRACTICE THE WAY THE MAJORITY OF MY PEOPLE DID.....

I HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO SEVERAL RELIGIONS......AND NONE WERE REALLY APPEALING TO ME TO THE DEGREE OF FULLY PARTICIPATING......SO I RELY ON MY OWN FAITH TO GUIDE ME.....RESPECT EVERYONE ALONG THE WAY , AND KEEP AN EYE ON ANY PATH THAT COMPELS ME....

I BELIEVE THE LEADERS WE AS BLACK PEOPLE CHOSE TO FOLLOW SINCE THE DAYS OF THE 1960'S HAVE WILLFULLY HELD BACK TRUTHS FOR REASONS OF PROFIT , FEAR , MANIPULATION , DECEPTION , AND SELFISHNESS.....AND AS MUCH AS I WANT TO ARRANGE AND IGNITE AN ATTACK ON WHITE AMERICA , I PACE MYSELF WITH.....PREPARATION , LEARNING THE TRUTH & OUR HISTORY , AND PATIENCE.....

SO , YES BRO. ELDER BA'KHYR , I DO BELIEVE RELIGION HAS A HOLD ON US A PEOPLE.....JUST LIKE CHAINS ON A SLAVE.......SOME OF US JUST WANT THE CHAINS OFF , WHILE OTHERS WANT TO CRUSH THE SYSTEM THOSE CHAINS STAND ON.....AS FOR ME , I REFUSE TO PASS JUDGEMENT.....AND I FROWN AT THOSE WHO LIMIT THEMSELVES TO IT....

WARRIOR

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    According to some, any of us who adhere to any religion are "slaves."

According to some, if you are a Christian, a Muslim, an AFRIKAN Hebrew Israelite, a Buddhist, or any other, then we are so-called "slaves."

So, Brother Ba'Khyr, does the TRIBE OF LEVI have a "hold on you?"

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    what is your opinion of Black Isrealites or those who revere YHVH?

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Were you speaking to me or the author of the thread?

If you were addressing me, I don't have a problem with any of the religious beliefs I mentioned above.

My opinion is "To each his/her own."

However, I was specifically speaking to the original post and its author in asking how his questions pertain to himself and his religion.

9. ELDER BA'KHYR

Ratings:
    +25
    Peace be unto you Sis. cherryblossom. I would just like to Respectfully ask you two questions. Where is the LAND of Islam, Christianity, Buddhist, etc. Can you show me on any Map of the World where the LAND OF Christianity, Islam, Buddhist, etc is Located? According to Genesis chapter 10:1-32 Shem, Ham, and Japheth were divided every man after His LAND etc. The LAND of Israel is located in the Northeast part of the Land now called Afrika; And An Ancient People of Old that inhabited that LAND Where once called HEBREWS who were of Afrikan Descent. So you see in Short; Afrikan Hebrew Israelites are not a Religion, They/We are a Nation of People with a LAND. So to answer your q? NO! Religion doesn't have a hold of me, And neither do I hold on to Religion. THANK YOU SO MUCH! fOR RESPONDING To my Thread.

10. ELDER BA'KHYR

Ratings:
    +25
    Aknhur When you say revere, What exactly do you Mean? I know what revere means but I want to be sure That I clearly understand the way you are asking me this question.