Black People : SLAVERY: WHY SHOULD WE FORGET ABOUT IT?

YES BRO. HODEE......THAT D**N " ISM ".....

TO SUSTAIN OR KEEP THE PREVAILING CONDITIONS

THAT'S MY UNDERSTANDING OF " ISM "......AN UPGRADE FROM A SIMPLE TRICK TO A NON-ENDING SYSTEM-TYPE CONDITION....

MY UNDERSTANDING OF RACISM HAS BEEN RECENTLY RENEWED.....AND I'M VERY VERY TIRED OF FIGHTING MY OWN PEOPLE ON NOT ONLY THE TRUE MEANING OF IT.....BUT THE ATTITUDE THEY BRING IN HAND WITH THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF IT.....

IT'S AS THOUGH I WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE IT THEIR WAY ALL ALONG....AND UNLESS I'M SPEAKING MY PERSPECTIVE WITH ANGER.....I'M NOT ACKNOWLEDGED.......BUT THAT'S OKAY......THEY CANNOT DENY THAT I DIDN'T TELL THEM.....

I SAW TOO MUCH OF IT WHEN I SERVED.....TOO MUCH IGNORANCE , TOO MUCH UNCLE TOMMIN......TOO MUCH RACISM.......AND YOU ARE RIGHT BRO. HODEE , IT DOES HURT.....IT HURTS LIKE HELL.....

BOTH OF MY GRANDFATHERS SERVED IN WWII...MY FATHER AND MY MOTHER'S TWO YOUNGER BROTHERS SERVED IN VIET-NAM.....MY OLDER HALF-BROTHER SERVED THE SAME TIME AS I.......MY YOUNGER HALF-BROTHER IS IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW........AND THE ALL OF THE STORIES I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE RACISM THEY FACED ARE HEAVIER THAN THEY APPEAR....

WE JUST GOTTA KEEP MOVIN BRO. HODEE.....

MUCH RESPECT TO YOU & YOUR FATHER....

WARRIOR

WE JUST GOTTA KEEP MOVIN BRO. HODEE.....

MUCH RESPECT TO YOU & YOUR FATHER....

Thank You Brother WARRIOR

My father passed last year.
What Racism he faced turned him to drinking.
He lost sight of what should have been important in his life.
Like his immediate family.

My son is twenty, my father finally met him ten years ago, it was by chance.
My father was picked up by one of my brothers for the day.
I arrived in town and went by.
With my kids. Not even knowing my father was there.

While my father could speak. He often didn't have anythin to say to his children.
He saw before he passed love I believe he didn't have to give, and love he possibly had never received as a child.
He and my mother were born in the twenty's when parents and everyone was under depression era, Tennessee lynchings and stuff.

Man my mother told me a lot.
About my Father... and what she saw him expereince in life.
With whites, the police and while he was in the military.
She shared too her life cooking, cleaning for them at their homes and taking care of their children

They would give my mother extra food, after parties and give her clothes she would bring home to mend for us.
We were so poor... on government cheese.
My father was working, but he drank up his check and came home when his friends ran dry.
Of course they went dry when his cash did.

She told me about the United States depression era, and how she picked cotton as a child.

I sat with my mother and asked the hard questions, as a child I saw something wrong in human relations.

Under my Fathers mis_giving's was a Great Man.
He was just lost to the ills of America.
The commandment.. love Thy Mother and Father remains a practice.

His drinking and street life... caused him to be wheel chair bound and he couldn't speak. I tried every year for ten years before taking my son and daughther to meet him. He was too busy.. with his life. To keep the meeting each time.

You know I have nothin but love for him.. I understand Racism. Thru him.

May he rest in peace. I hadn't seen him for those ten years, and I didn't attend the burial. A few of my five sisters, three brothers, and Mother did.
I will visit his sight, when I go back home to visit.

I hadn't mentioned this in the post...

Over Racism.. your right

WE JUST GOTTA KEEP MOVIN

It isn’t possible for me to forget, it is not possible for me to forgive!

It is a part of the fire that keeps me awake of what can happen again. I am reminded of the truth we face each and every day. That face, that look, of anger. As if I’m on their land. I have trained a response to put a small smile, with smirk and a role of the eyes. Some show anger in response. Then I laugh! LoL!

Warrior, I too have served in the US forces (army). I was drafted in 69. fought in Viet-Nam. I know what you speak of. While in fire-fights I did what I had to do to keep other troops from getting killed. Some times I was appreciated for it, but some times whites resented me for helping save their butts. That how sick some people can be. A begrudging thanks, while looking down. This caught me speechless, it happened more then once. It never surprised me that we would separate our self’s after a combat mission. I hope that has changed some, these days.

AXE!

It isn’t possible for me to forget, it is not possible for me to forgive!

It is a part of the fire that keeps me awake of what can happen again. I am reminded of the truth we face each and every day. That face, that look, of anger. As if I’m on their land. I have trained a response to put a small smile, with smirk and a role of the eyes. Some show anger in response. Then I laugh! LoL!

Warrior, I too have served in the US forces (army). I was drafted in 69. fought in Viet-Nam. I know what you speak of. While in fire-fights I did what I had to do to keep other troops from getting killed. Some times I was appreciated for it, but some times whites resented me for helping save their butts. That how sick some people can be. A begrudging thanks, while looking down. This caught me speechless, it happened more then once. It never surprised me that we would separate our self’s after a combat mission. I hope that has changed some, these days.

AXE!

I FEEL YOU....

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU FOR NOT ONLY MAKING IT BACK TO THIS PLACE.....BUT FOR YOUR ENDURANCE.....IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE...

MUCH RESPECT TO YOU CORVO...

WARRIOR

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back