Skuderjaymes and the name calling game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother SkuderJaymes ... since you've admitted guilt, and are prepared to pay the cost for it, what should that cost be

You're a very solid, reasonable, logical Brother ... that has put the entire
Moderating TEAM in this situation ... to babysit your interactions ... a job we
don't want, have begged the Family to avoid ... yet you intentionally put us here ... so what should we do?

Do we let it go, and send the message to everyone else, that this behavior is okay?

Do we warn you, even though you knew in advance that you were violating the rules?

Do we suspend and/or ban you, for your blatant show of disrespect regarding our policies?

What would you suggest we do, now that you've chosen to give us this cup to drink from?

I don't normally ask the Family what they think their consequence should be, and I'm not promising that we'll do what you say, but I just wonder.

What would you do, if you had the responsibility of encouraging an entire community of our people to interact respectfully, and folk intentionally disrespect that?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

I'd like a warning please. Because I admitted it does not mean my
namecalling was not premeditated. And I don't consider what I did as
disrespectful to anyone. Not even to Fullspeed. The names I used where
rhetorical devices. AnkSpeed and FullHur speak to my belief that Ankhur and
Fullspeed are the same user. THOMAS is, of course, a reference to Uncle
Tom.. which is a rhetorical device used often in discussions of African history,
culture and politics. And Halfspeed is just a joke.. a joke that I've used
with him before. Context is everything.. and if you look at my posts, you'll
see that I wasn't doing anything other than loving my people and dreaming
of a brighter future.

I've been called far worse things on this site by others and have brought them
to the moderating team and they walked away with warnings. If you're really
asking, I'll take a warning too.

Peace.

those names he called fullspeed were harmless to say the least....
imho i think a warning would suffice in this matter....

one love
khasm

No one here has thin skin. It's not so much that name calling is devastating but that it is disruptive and distracted from civil and productive conversation. It's a lower form of discussion that we need to put behind us if we ever expect to progress.

I'd like a warning please. Because I admitted it does not mean my
namecalling was not premeditated. And I don't consider what I did as
disrespectful to anyone. Not even to Fullspeed. The names I used where
rhetorical devices. AnkSpeed and FullHur speak to my belief that Ankhur and
Fullspeed are the same user. THOMAS is, of course, a reference to Uncle
Tom.. which is a rhetorical device used often in discussions of African history,
culture and politics. And Halfspeed is just a joke.. a joke that I've used
with him before. Context is everything.. and if you look at my posts, you'll
see that I wasn't doing anything other than loving my people and dreaming
of a brighter future.

I've been called far worse things on this site by others and have brought them
to the moderating team and they walked away with warnings. If you're really
asking, I'll take a warning too.

Peace.

Brother SkuderJaymes ... thanks for responding.

It hurts me a little for you to think that no one was disrespected, for I feel disrespected.

I've worked long and hard to manifest a positive, encouraging, uplifting environment for my people, and for you to virtually spit on that, hurts me.

To me, pointing to someone else's perceived wrong-doing, is rarely an acceptable excuse for your own wrong-doing.

To break the rules intentionally ... knowingly ... in my / our face ... with a "yeah i did it, do what you gotta" kind of attitude ... makes the violation a bit more egregious.

Again ... I appreciate your response ... wish we didn't have to babysit your interactions ... but we will.

I'm going to close this thread and wait for the Moderating TEAM to make a decision.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Brother SkuderJaymes ... calling Members out of their name, for any reason, no matter how justified you may think you are in doing so ... is a violation of our rules.

You are receiving a warning this time, but if you choose to do this again, anticipate a suspension and/or banning.

Brother Full Speed ... thank you for bringing this to our attention (using the process we have in place), and please do so again, if necessary.

This thread will remain closed.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back