Awo Dino - Amnat - SkuderJaymes - RAPTOR

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Awo Dino - Amnat - SkuderJaymes - RAPTOR ... i've quoted you all above because you all took part in this particular exchange found in this thread.

I don't think i missed anyone else, but my question is ... who are you all talking about?

I believe the above is the kind of contentious, disruptive, childish behavior that falls below our new acceptable threshold.

This is all new, the implementation of our new and higher standards ... so prior to giving you all an official warning / suspension / banning / etc., whichever is applicable ... i want to give you a chance to help me understand exactly what is going on ... if you don't mind.

Brother Awo Dino ... or any of you who have taken part and understand ... who are you talking about and what positive end do you expect to achieve?

Our new standard requires that the goal of every post be an attempt to facilitate the very best of interactions amongst our people. Playing games, talking about people without calling names, select ones grouping together against others, i have no time for any of it. I am of the opinion that adults can name names when they are talking, if they are going to talk, it is the least they should do.

So ... name names ... who are you talking about, and what positive end did you hope to achieve?

Help me understand please.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Sister Destee,
    Are we not allowed to engage in anything that could be labeled as comedic? what in those little excerpts was problematic?
    This is nothing more than playful banter. If there are new rules - "new and higher standards" - they should be clarified. what's wrong with having a few laughs among friends? there was no interruption of the thread, no harrasment, no name calling.
    I'm a bit perplexed. Please post the new higher standards so that all of us may comply.

thank you

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Awo Dino ... the thread in question was not a joke thread, nor was it found in the joke forum, where we encourage the Family to put jokes.

In addition and more importantly, the behavior appears to be juvenile, childish taunting like found on an elementary school yard.

This community has maintained a very high standard, and i intend to keep us moving in that direction, by any means necessary.

It is a work in progress, 12 years in the making, and you will get the particulars (new and higher standards) as i'm able to deliver them ... just like always.

Which is what i did above, giving you to know that this lower level of people interaction is not acceptable here, nor what our people need.

We need great examples of Black Folk striving to work together in the very best of manners ... and i believe we can deliver that.

In adult like ways, responsible, thorough, and worth doing. So i ask you again Brother, who were you talking to and what positive end did you hope to achieve?

I may find that this won't work, this hope for us to have an even higher standard, as your behavior may be proven acceptable within it ... let me see ... let us all see ... let us all learn Brother Awo Dino ... where does your behavior fit into the goals of this community?

I am of the opinion, that if you are not working with the goals of this community, you are working against them ... and not welcome ... so help me see Brother ... because i want you to be welcome.

Teach me how taunting another unifies our people.

Destee

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

5. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    .and to answer the question of who I was talking to and what I hoped to achieve.. I was talking to Awo Dino and I hoped to make him smile..

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    In addition ... i am completely sick of reading, witnessing, providing a place for this type of childish behavior and am hoping that by pointing it out ... putting light on it ... calling those out who are doing it ... giving you to know that it is not acceptable here ... that you will be suspended / banned if you continue ... will make it stop.

That is my hope ... but if that don't work ... the suspensions and bans will.

I just don't want anyone to be surprised when it starts happening, for such behavior is no longer acceptable.

We want only adult, responsible, positive interactions ... unless you are a child.

Love You!

Destee

8. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Awo Dino ... it's wrong to talk about Brother Ankhur in his absence, what kind of man does that, talk about another behind his back when he is not even able to respond?! Part of why he was so out of order, is because people messed with him too. It wasn't all just his fault. If i had banned all involved then, you might not even be here posting to me.

My point is, we need to get beyond this kind of childish back and forth behavior, no matter who is involved, who it is directed at, for it is counter productive.

It is the counter productive, negative, raggedy, childish, taunting, disruptive, personal stuff that i am trying to minimize.

I hate that i have to say anything to grown men and women. I should not have to say a word.

But since i do ... as i am responsible for insuring this community goes in the direction it should ... my same responsibility for 12 years ... since i gotta be in it ... yall are gonna get what i give ... because i don't wanna be in it. If you don't wanna get what i give, handle yourself in a way that i don't have to say anything to you ... don't do things counter to our peace and purpose and you will never be subject to my determination of your interactions with another Sister or Brother.

I want Members here to manifest the very best interactions amongst our people. I guess that's too much to ask?

Is that your argument, that it is too much to ask of adults, to not act like children?

Destee

10. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043