Black Relationships : Relationship Rolemodels

Or, they may simply have no good role models for relationships to talk about.
I think a lot of folk would be hard pressed to come up with one couple who they would truly model their very own relationship after. Even if your parents never divorced, their relationship may not be the relationship that you
personally would want. I personally would say my parents, but also Ruby Dee & Ossie Davis because they were married for such a long time - working side by side for civil rights and in the cinema - weathering societal and personal storms.

I agree here ......I've seen many relationships where i would say wow i would love to be in one like them
seem so perfect and sweet , when ever i see two people in love together i feel a warm feeling
and then i look at myself and just wish but i also know love has no face or teaching
love can be pain and broken and yet love can be grand and fulfilling we just don't know who or when!

We learn love as we live and grow so yes we will cross bumps to get there.

It should come from our parents, but unfortunately...

lol, mine DEFINITELY doesn't come from my parents. That's no disrespect towards them (I love them both), but growing up I've learned probably more of "not to do" than "do" when it comes to relationships......

What does the mold for love look like? When we think of our ideas about love, where do they come from? Who were your relationship rolemodels?

Love=Mostly lust, money, and greedy ambitions in our society...

They come from the very sexist and patriarchal West who always and still have a unstable family institution which they have contaminated the rest of the world with...definitely including us Black people...

Relationship role models?...my maternal grandparents I suppose...and stable, smooth, happy, and healthy polygamous relationships...

BETTER TO HAVE LOST LOVE THAN NOT TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL

WELL THIS IS AN EASY ONE MY BIG MAMA AND BIG DADDY!! 55 YRS OF WEDDED BLISS AND HEADACHES (LOL) I ADMIRE MY GRANDPARENTS AND HOW MY GRANDFATHER WORKED TWO FULL TIME JOBS AND TOOK CARE OF MY GRANDMOTHER AND ALL 10 OF HIS CHILDREN. WHAT A HARD WORKING MAN HE WAS, AND HE LOVED MY GRANDMOTHER TO DEATH. I WILL MISS THEM. I MODEL MY RELATIONSHIPS AFTER THEM FOR SHO"!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back