Black Women : Reclaiming Our Beauty and Our Bodies

Jackee

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2006
East Coast
I made it a goal to exercise regularly. So I brought some exercise DVD that is a mixture of hip hop, belly dancing, ballet dancing and my favorite African Healing Dance. I'm a older woman and I had to take it slow and build up to the faster exercise DVD . I am doing better with my work out because I can but it in my player at anytime. Now when I first got the DVD I couldn't do no more then 5mins, then I would watch it only. After some time that 5mins added up to my doing the whole DVD's that is about 30mins. I do feel better mentally and physically. But more mentally because I was always up tight all the time.

Do you take the time to exercise?

BlackDoctor.org

Black Women and Obesity: Reclaiming Our Beauty and Our Bodies

Yet, with all of our style and grace, sass and brass, we black women are an endangered species. Each year more black women succumb to heart disease, strokes, the complications of diabetes and cancer than most other ethnic groups. Black women develop more severe forms of diseases, present to health care facilities at more advanced stages in their diseases, and are more likely to die from their diseases than women of other ethnic groups.

Many of us, despite our most diligent work ethic, are uninsured and have limited access to healthcare. We can’t control the healthcare system, but we can control how we take care of our bodies on a day-to-day basis.

Hi Jackee
We all need to have time for ourselves, and so I am going to exercise
regularly. I brought some DVD's that do indeed need to be dust off. Perhaps
this would help to reduce the negative feeling I'm finding myself
trapped in, and break away from the craziness of the negative forces
of this society. As well as getting myself into shape to either run
if I have to, or make a stand because I need to.

Peace and Love

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back