Black Women : White Beauty is NOT the only beauty

why r u reading Seventeen magazine?
these mags are not trying to uplift u, they want to feel "less than" so u'll buy whatever they're advertising.
white magazines will overwhelmingly feature ww, that's to be expected.
find something else to read...

That's it, we don't expect "those" magazines to portray us anyway. And how can I expect my beauty to be appreciated from a culture that has been intimidated by it and therefore, ignores it or finds fault in it. But then, turns around and tries to duplicate it with cosmetic surgery, ridiculous.

White is not the only beauty, but it can be beautiful too. I have both in my blood and I'm learning to see the beauty in my reflection. White beauty is real, but so is Black beauty and Native American beauty and every other beauty.

I do really wish there were less sistas in the media sporting straight hair though. Been there, done that, please don't make me do it again!

i agree. i can see beauty in all races of people. it just that white beauty get push in are faces the most as if they are the only ones that can be beautiful

most white women cant even fit into the stand of beauty these magazines push out.those women in those magazine are airbush.i hear white women complain that those magazines are unrealistic and they can never look like those women in the magazine.if most white women cant even live up to those standards its going to be twice as hard for us. i have never been a fan of them and never will.people should look to themselves to find their standard of beauty and dont let anyone define it for them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back