Black Women : White Beauty is NOT the only beauty

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by tay_tay225, Mar 4, 2010.

1. tay_tay225

tay_tay225 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Many black women are succumbing to the white man's version of beauty.

I was flipping through a magazine the other day. I think it was Seventeen or something. There was a huge lack of black women in it, and if there were black women, I could barely tell the difference between them and the abundance of white women spread out throughout the magazine. They all seemed to have the same look: straight long hair, lots of make up, and super-thin limbs. I'm sorry, but a majority of our women do not look that way. Our hair is not naturally straight and/or long, we don't need a lot of make up to look good, and our weight distributes so that many of us have somewhat curvaceous bodies. And we are STILL beautiful.

An example? Let's look at Thelma from Good Times who, at the start of the series, sported an afro, very little makeup, and a shapely figure. Did she not look good? I don't know what your answer is, but I think she was/still is a gorgeous woman. And she doesn't look a thing like any white woman I've ever seen.

Now, I'd like to ask you all -- why do people find looking like this wrong, or at least, not right? Can we not look hot if we don't look like a skinny white woman?

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Sister Tay Tay:

You don't look for "beuty" in a "fashion magazine"

You look for beauty when u look at urself in the mirror

If you let someone show u what beuty is then ur letting them define what is real for you

I find beuty in the real faces and hearts that are a collective part of my understanding of the world and experience

seventeen magazine doesn't dictate beauty, it reports what it thinks u will beleive so it can be

peace
    peace

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    :toast:

Very well said!

Yes, we need to stop even comparing ourselves to other women.

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Back then there were numerous Black magazines and periodicals still promoting the self esteem ethic of "Black is Beautiful", and African culture, wether in the fashions worn by the celebrities or African dance performances, was a part of every single Black award and televised event from the NAACP image awards to the United Negro College Fund telethons, held by Lou Rawls.
    The Disco era deteriorated much of this with the common use of hard drugs, the demise of many families and the "Culture of Me, Myself and I".
    Folks like Erikah Badou and others have tried to return to the Black is Beautiful era,
    but too many in the industry have co-opted and seek the dollars , regardless of how much psychological damage such neo white images, do to young sisters

5. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Well said

Sister, whatever your perception, and Brothers, for that matter, whatever the perception should never promote what they are, that's gimmick

We should just be what we are, that's real -

Truly I am not much on "political correctness", as my approach to any and all mainstream activity is that it is of the political nature, and effect and cause of war

for example, what we speak of here.... the inner turmoil such images produce within or the civil war of spirit in the Sister

Black and beautiful is not an era it is more so an awareness of what black is to be

From outside the effect of the mainstream the spirit of a singer such as Miss Badu is that of a man

The problem with this is purly one of spirit

The effect of such an image on the undeveloped mind is not one of image it is more one of "feeling" because that in effect is what reality is

The idea that homo is heinous in the eye of an all loving God and Goddess is truly absurd

The intent of equality was in the fact that whatever you love you become

A son that loves his mother in spirit will contain the "spirit" of his "mother"... the spirit of the goddess and if the essence of that goddess is love of god the spirit in pysical will love whatever the spirit it contains loves when it sees it with pysical eyes

It is the inner (I) that u switch so the male spirit can develop first so the female spirit doesn't overpower everything, surge.... when programming thru institution happens first a young human mind only accesses logic

As Spirit Beigns complete the idea is the you can create what u love simply by intent spoken from ur heart, where u need both female and male spiritual dna to do this

In early awareness development the vibrations of the mother's spirit forming prior to the spirits understanding of what it is, is the issue

The human mind produces a feeling of shame in the physical male that doesn't balance the spirit first

so in essence in the physical these images actually stimulate an area of the human mind that is not communicating with spirit because the spirt is not balanced and feeling negative emotions, resulting in damage in both the female and male spirit.

NOBODY LOVES ME .... so i gotta act like this or that

With my view of myself the politics has to be left to the "men", whatever the spiritual make-up, as for me I don't like to fight.

peace

WITH MISS BADU THE TONE AND VIBRATIONS HER VOICE PRODUCE INDICATE A "MALE" DNA SPIRITUAL STRUCTURE, AND PRODUCE THE ILLUSION OF DESTRUCTION BECAUSE IT STIMULATES NEGATIVE "FEELINGS" AND GOD "FEELS"

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    MEANING FAM

BALANCE YOUR LOGIC WITH YOUR "HEART" CHARKRA

ASK UR QUESTION FROM THERE

THEN INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON STEP BY STEP

LOOK AT THE PICTURE IN UR MIND

I PROCESS PHYSICS HERE BY PICTURE NOT FORMULA!!!!!!!!

KNOW THYSELF

AND CONSIDER THE HEART CHARKRA AND AREA OF UR BRAIN THAT PROCESSES STIMULAI BASED UPON WORDS AND PICTURES U HAVE PICTORIALLY ASSOCIATED OR RELATION

SO INSTEAD OF SEEING A DEFINITION WHEN U READ

U SEE A PICTURE, A WHOLE STORY

INSTEAD OF THE PROBLEM

U'LL SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE AND U'LL JUST "DO THE SOLUTION"

K

ONE LOVE

LIL SIS

7. kamnikink

kamnikink Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    :toast: YES YES!! You said it right. Don't look at the magazines because you won't find images of yourself. We have a beauty beyond what you will find in those magazines

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    white beauty is an oxymoron

9. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    why r u reading Seventeen magazine?
    these mags are not trying to uplift u, they want to feel "less than" so u'll buy whatever they're advertising.
    white magazines will overwhelmingly feature ww, that's to be expected.
    find something else to read...

10. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    'white beauty' is an oxymoron.