Black Entertainment : Raven-Symoné: Don't Label Me 'Gay' Or 'African-American'

What is your opinion on why some of us (I hope it stays at the level) want to be anything except what they are? Is it the schooling, environment, or like you said, following what someone else has said (Cosby). Don't they know how the rest of the world see's them? IMO, they are only fooling themselves when they take this position. Because guess what, there are folks that hate Americans.

Peace!
Ultimately, we are in someone else cultural incubator. We've let outsiders, via the schooling, media
and social environment meddle with the way in which black people dare to identify/define how we perceive
our existence. Culturally, 'they' have proxies (like a raven, like cosby), on the front line with this way of thinking.

Ultimately, we are in someone else cultural incubator. We've let outsiders, via the schooling, media
and social environment meddle with the way in which black people dare to identify/define how we perceive
our existence. Culturally, 'they' have proxies (like a raven, like cosby), on the front line with this way of thinking.

:toast::toast::toast:

Tru dat...and it seems they have always had that one or two blacks that they bring out as examples to show that how we view things is wrong. Barkly, and Cosby imo are the main ones. Cosby said that Zimmerman was not a racist, so did Barkly. Then they had that one black paralegal the helped defend Zimmerman because his lawyer said that he was not a racist, and that was good enough for her, she said.

What did she expect him to say?

It's the same ol story....some of us think that if we side with Yt, that they will be seen as respectable, and first class citizens. And that is the problem, they have listen to yt tell them that the way they think and live is the wrong way, and Yt's way is the right way.

All over the world, every non-white that has let the white man in they country has been destroyed by him and his ways. Look what they did to us, look what they did to the Indians...nuff said.

Peace!

I know this is stupid to say but here it goes....

Why should we have to fight them?
If they the threaten ideologically we, say you and I, believe in that when make statements like that,
we have to challenge them. Dyson fore example, while I don't always agree with him, challenged cosby's assertion(s) about black folk.
Certainly, we can't just let them take primacy of the...shall I say...narrative with regard to identity if we don't agree
with them.

They should see themselves as black in spite of their views about race
No argument from me. However, If you, I and many others deserve room to identify as such,
then have to give them room. History tells us of folks like that, until uncle sam pinches them
on the arm per usual they wanna come back home and 'rally the troops'.

Blacks have to strong in the mind because if they are not, they buy into the white way of thinking and this is the end result. You and I bump heads at times...but in the end, I'm standing with you because we are the same. Why would I want to oppose something that is going to help you out?
Peace!

We can bump heads because we don't take it that personal. We get after it and
when its done, its done. We, you, I and some others have the capability to put thinks in their
proper perspective and keep it moving.

As for the yt way of thinking, folks in the know such as yourself have to challenge it where
we can. Some of my co workers like tend to use that ole' "there are people starving in afrika"
paradigm. I am quick to jump all over that. I'm not mean or 'sharp' in responding to it. But
I let them know the problem with those kinds of expressions.

.... Some of my co workers like tend to use that ole' "there are people starving in afrika"
paradigm. I am quick to jump all over that. I'm not mean or 'sharp' in responding to it. But
I let them know the problem with those kinds of expressions.

I tell them as an alternative, that there are children starving in china...to use that.
Or people starving in central europe (the balkans). Use that analogy if you must.

Do you have a problem with higher education?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back