Black Entertainment : Why The Boycotts Against Raven-Symoné and Don Lemon Won't Work

I've NEVER watched The View or Talk, so I hear what who said what, from reading comments when they say something stupid.

Why do Blacks dislike Tyler Perry? What am I missing? I'm open to other thoughts. I don't watch his sitcoms because I don't watch much TV, and at that time I'm watching the news. I do have one TV turned to his show for the rating.

I've heard since he came on the scene, Blacks dislike of his character Madea, his movies, Madea as man or woman. For myself he represents comedy with a message. I like Tyler Perry movies for entertainment. I own all of his movies on DVD.

I wanna know whose watching Blackish. It was suppose to be on only 1/2 season. Now, it's receiving praise.

When it comes to television I vote with my rating.

Move over, I'm riding with you..

I don't get why there is so much outrage directed at Tyler. I don't watch Madea, because I just think it's silly. But, I ain't mad at him. Just like I think The Three Stooges is silly, I don't watch that either.

Now, there are those who feel offended by the Madea movies. Their voice is so loud that Tyler won't be playing the Madea character anymore, someone else will. People believe that there is a concerted effort to effeminize AA men in Hollywood. I am sympathetic to their feelings. I say they should STOP WATCHING EN MASSE. But, at the same time Tyler hasn't put out no "Broke Back Mountain" type of movie. And, we should look at the facts. How many white gay movies have been put out there? Here's a quick look. My list doesn't inĉlude the underground and it doesn“t inclûde movies that make nuances that could bē debatable. My lîst is īnĉōmplete, just to make a point

William Kennedy Dickson
The Dickson Experimental Sound Film
Charlie Chaplin's A Woman
Miss Fatty
A Florida Enchantment
Mabel's Blunder
Sylvia Scarlett
-
Glen or Glenda
Some Like It Hot

Rope
"Superman
Inside Daisy Clover,
Tea and Sympathy
The Boys in the Band
, Fortune and Men's Eyes

A Very Natural Thing
Something for Everyone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
), Cabaret
, Parting GlancesOde to Billy Joe
An Early Frost
Longtime Companion
Philadelphia

New Queer Cinema
The Birdcage
Mrs. Doubtfire
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
Brokeback Mountain
Boys Don't Cry
Monster
Milk

\

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back