Black Entertainment : Why The Boycotts Against Raven-Symoné and Don Lemon Won't Work

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
raven.jpg

.........Well, sorry to tell you this, but Raven is not going anywhere. Why? Because of ratings of course. You may hate her, but she's the smartest move that the producers on "The View" have made in a long time. As of last month, "The View," according to TV by Numbers, posted its largest total in viewers and women 25-54 in over 8 months, beating CBS’ “The Talk,” which had been topping "The View" for almost a year. If I was one of the producers of "The View" I would re-up Raven for another year right now. Keep in mind that, as a producer, my No. 1 mission is to get ratings for the show. If I don't, then I'm going to be out on the street, pounding pavement........

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...raven-symone-and-don-lemon-wont-work-20151031

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Keep in mind that, as a producer, my No. 1 mission is to get ratings for the show. If I don't, then I'm going to be out on the street, pounding pavement........

In the old days, blacks that stood up had to face the same thing. But this is where they know they have us. Put us in a dream job that we won't allow us to stand for our race. And as for the article, I understood what it said. But then again, you had many that didn't roll with MLK but enjoyed the success just the same. So if it does work, the writer of that article won't have to hear these two people looking black but speaking with a European mindset.

Peace!

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Personally I don't take seriously what any of these media mouthpieces claim in general

Also who is buying what either aforementioned party is selling reflects the same level of awareness in particular

You can either choose to react and respond more positively to these new challenges in 2015

fyi

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Raven Symoné is no stranger to controversy and yet again received an incredible amount of backlash after she seemed to make excuses for the South Carolina cop who manhandled a student.

Due to this and a series of other faux pas, The View c0-host is now the focus of a Change.org online petition calling on show creator Barbara Walters to fire her from the daytime talk show.

“African Americans and black people around the diaspora need a voice representative of their views and not a voice representative of what white people want us to say,” the petition states. “We need strong black role models in prominent positions on television an Raven Symoné cannot provide that.”

Saturday, Hollywood Reporter reportedly received a statement from the network, that showed nothing but support.

“We love Raven,”the statement said. “She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel.”

http://thegrio.com/2015/11/01/abc-responds-to-petition-to-fire-raven-symone-from-the-view/

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
we need to understand that "the view" isn't a news reporting show, it's an assemblage of opinionated people who offer their opinions on various topics. THEIR OPINIONS. in this particular case, the black principal, who was in the classroom during the incident, did not have an issue with the amount of force used. given that he was there--and he was the one who called the resource officer to the classroom--his actions should be more scrutinized than someone on a talk show offering an opinion...an opinion that doesn't jive with our opinions.

WHY ARE WE SO WORKED UP ABOUT HER OPINION...ON AN OPINION SHOW...THAT WE WOULD WANT HER TO LOSE HER JOB OVER IT?

there are people on this site who says we need more information to make an informed decision. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?

Don Lemon never said the officer was justified in his use of force, he said, and i paraphrase, "as a news agency, it is our responsibility to keep reporting...to keep investigating...so that we can present the WHOLE story, and not just this one clip."

Don't you want a news agency to report the facts, in their entirety? Yet, we want Don Lemon to lose his job because we disagree with his cry for doing a thorough, and complete, investigative job. Are we so quick/ready to see us fall, that we'll toss us away on the slightest whim? Would you want to be fired because your opinion differed with the status qou?

we know what FOX NEWS is about, but you don't see anyone petitioning to have them taken off the air.

as someone said earlier, if you don't like what they're saying, turn to another channel. don't try to get them fired because they said something you didn't like.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PurpleMoons Law Forum : QUESTIONS ABOUT BOYCOTTS Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
HODEE Black People : NOW! Is the time to hit THEM with our boycotts Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People Politics : Revised -Obama Boycotts Anti-Racism Conference Black People Politics 1
C Black People : Boycotts Black People Open Forum 7
A Black People Politics : Biden can now send you to jail for criticism against his administration. Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Under Biden, Justice Department presses fight against Omarosa Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Black People : The CIA’s Secret Global War Against the Left Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People : Facebook: Antitrust Lawsuit Against FB Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : 8 Can’f Wait ___ Was Created by Campaign Zero, A Police Reform Campaign - NOT A US AGAINST THEM ISSUE Black People Open Forum 18
HODEE Science and Technology : ( OPERATION " WARP SPEED " ) CORONA VIRUS ANTIBODIES VACCINE RACE AGAINST CHINA, U.S.A and SEVERAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES Science and Technology 1
G Science and Technology : Interesting Video of KGB Global Disinformation (Fake News) Campaign Against America Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Amazon’s lawsuit over a $10 billion Pentagon contract lays out disturbing allegations against Trump Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
C Black People : You Can't Be Intelligently Against Religion If You Do Not Innerstand Divinely, What God Is!!! Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Ain't Nobody That Is Against Reparation/Repatriation Doing Or Giving Anything To Black Afrikans That Is Worthwhile To Your Liberation!!! Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Botham Jean’s Neighbor Who Testified Against Amber Guyger Shot and Killed in Dallas Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Poetry : "knew this girl that was home yall up against a stone wall because of a wrong phone call now this boy want some and could fall in love after he break Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Charges against alleged white supremacists tossed by judge Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Cops Investigate Attacks Against Jehovah's Witness Buildings In Washington State Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Nashville PD retaliated against Black female officer for reporting sexual assault, lawsuit alleges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : HPV VACCINE PROTECTS AGAINST OTHER ILLNESSES Black Health and Wellness 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Tariq Nasheed's "Negro bed wench" language is dangerous against Black Women Black People Politics 0
dunwiddat The Front Porch : Against All Odds The Front Porch 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Methodists Bring Church Charges Against Jeff Sessions For Border Policy Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Woman who went on rant against Jewish man has one regret Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
Kemetstry Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL ADVSORY AGAINST AMERICAN AIRLINES Black People Open Forum 29
candeesweet Black Poetry : Not going against but with Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Black People : Why working-class Americans vote against their own best interests Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black People Politics : DOJ TO PROBE UNIVERSITIES FOR DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WHITES Black People Politics 4
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Philadelphia sues Wells Fargo for discriminating against African Americans; bank denies allegations Black Money Business Jobs 2
Liberty Law Forum : Supreme Court won’t review decision that found N.C. voting law discriminates against African America Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Fox News Launches Racist Attack Against African-American Trump Critic Rep. Maxine Waters Black People Politics 28
R Black Poetry : Above the rim with pride but can’t swim against the tide can // Drown as a clown and be founded fact Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 25
jamesfrmphilly Black People : witches-gather-at-midnight-to-cast-spell-against-donald-trump Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : karrueche-gets-restraining-order-against-chris-brown Black Entertainment 9
Liberty Black People Politics : How the Black Lives Matter Movement Is Mobilizing Against Trump Black People Politics 12
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Message to the Movement Against Donald Trump: Let the Empire Die" Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Freddie Gray Fallout: Judge Allows Malicious Prosecution Lawsuit Against Mosby to Go Forward Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : california-hires-eric-holder-as-legal-defense-against-donald-trump Black People Politics 0
Destee Black People Politics : Campuses Confront Hostile Acts Against Minorities After Donald Trump’s Election Black People Politics 9
Liberty Black Entertainment : A-List African-American Celebrities Are Up Against the Wall in This Powerful PSA Against Police Brut Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Films Matter-how African American cinema fought back against Hollywood Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Serena Williams speaks out against police violence: ‘I won’t be silent’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Congo : Congo’s President Is Preparing for War Against His Own People Republic of the Congo 0
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : swizz-beatz-defends-wife-alicia-keys-against-haters-who-dislike-her-make-up-free-face Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : clinton stands against 'citizens united'..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Liberty Law Forum : 72-Year-Old NH Woman Drops Defamation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black People : African American History Museum Will Mention Sexual Assault Accusations Against Bill Cosby Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : DOJ warns against jailing poor people for not paying court fines Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Law Forum : Study shows Baltimore tweets most slurs against African Americans Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0