Black Entertainment : Why The Boycotts Against Raven-Symoné and Don Lemon Won't Work

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Liberty, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    [​IMG]

.........Well, sorry to tell you this, but Raven is not going anywhere. Why? Because of ratings of course. You may hate her, but she's the smartest move that the producers on "The View" have made in a long time. As of last month, "The View," according to TV by Numbers, posted its largest total in viewers and women 25-54 in over 8 months, beating CBS’ “The Talk,” which had been topping "The View" for almost a year. If I was one of the producers of "The View" I would re-up Raven for another year right now. Keep in mind that, as a producer, my No. 1 mission is to get ratings for the show. If I don't, then I'm going to be out on the street, pounding pavement........

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...raven-symone-and-don-lemon-wont-work-20151031

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    In the old days, blacks that stood up had to face the same thing. But this is where they know they have us. Put us in a dream job that we won't allow us to stand for our race. And as for the article, I understood what it said. But then again, you had many that didn't roll with MLK but enjoyed the success just the same. So if it does work, the writer of that article won't have to hear these two people looking black but speaking with a European mindset.

Peace!

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Personally I don't take seriously what any of these media mouthpieces claim in general

Also who is buying what either aforementioned party is selling reflects the same level of awareness in particular

You can either choose to react and respond more positively to these new challenges in 2015

fyi

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    Raven Symoné is no stranger to controversy and yet again received an incredible amount of backlash after she seemed to make excuses for the South Carolina cop who manhandled a student.

Due to this and a series of other faux pas, The View c0-host is now the focus of a Change.org online petition calling on show creator Barbara Walters to fire her from the daytime talk show.

“African Americans and black people around the diaspora need a voice representative of their views and not a voice representative of what white people want us to say,” the petition states. “We need strong black role models in prominent positions on television an Raven Symoné cannot provide that.”

Saturday, Hollywood Reporter reportedly received a statement from the network, that showed nothing but support.

“We love Raven,”the statement said. “She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel.”

http://thegrio.com/2015/11/01/abc-responds-to-petition-to-fire-raven-symone-from-the-view/

5. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    we need to understand that "the view" isn't a news reporting show, it's an assemblage of opinionated people who offer their opinions on various topics. THEIR OPINIONS. in this particular case, the black principal, who was in the classroom during the incident, did not have an issue with the amount of force used. given that he was there--and he was the one who called the resource officer to the classroom--his actions should be more scrutinized than someone on a talk show offering an opinion...an opinion that doesn't jive with our opinions.

WHY ARE WE SO WORKED UP ABOUT HER OPINION...ON AN OPINION SHOW...THAT WE WOULD WANT HER TO LOSE HER JOB OVER IT?

there are people on this site who says we need more information to make an informed decision. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?

Don Lemon never said the officer was justified in his use of force, he said, and i paraphrase, "as a news agency, it is our responsibility to keep reporting...to keep investigating...so that we can present the WHOLE story, and not just this one clip."

Don't you want a news agency to report the facts, in their entirety? Yet, we want Don Lemon to lose his job because we disagree with his cry for doing a thorough, and complete, investigative job. Are we so quick/ready to see us fall, that we'll toss us away on the slightest whim? Would you want to be fired because your opinion differed with the status qou?

we know what FOX NEWS is about, but you don't see anyone petitioning to have them taken off the air.

as someone said earlier, if you don't like what they're saying, turn to another channel. don't try to get them fired because they said something you didn't like.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    :11100:we gon get you fired.......

7. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i'll still love you, as i'm strolling the streets of homelessness, begging for a handout, bro. James.:)

don't forget to drop a dime piece in the hat.

8. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,236
    Right. That is true.

The important thing I see here. I have said this a million times. Black People, vote with our pocketbook.

I tire of the long dissertations we have about all the things that were wrong in the last Tyler Perry movie WE WATCHED, for instance. I don't care for Madea, I think it's silly,...so I don't watch. But, there are gang of people who watch every single one and then pick them apart line by line, scene by scene. They are boosting the Nielsen Ratings when they do that, but they can't stop themselves from watching.

Same here. Black folks are saying "I wonder what Don Lemon is gonna say next?". And, they watch.

The proof that our "vote" counts is the 2015 Oscars. We boycotted. The Nielsen Ratings were so low that white. folks. are. frantic .right. now. trying to figure out how to get the AA audience back. We have already peeped their game on hiring AA entertainers to give the awards to WP, so now they hired Reginald Hudland to Co-Produce 2016 Oscars. We successfully voted with our pocketbooks, instead of watching and then whining about it. I say we should never go back. No matter what they do. Even if they start throwing us some token awards. We should support the award show's that support us, and let the Oscars crash and burn. Same with The View and Don Lemon. Just stop watching and they'll be history.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Until Black people are the ones to write checks to these sellouts, they are going to continue to dance for massa

10. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I've NEVER watched The View or Talk, so I hear what who said what, from reading comments when they say something stupid.

Why do Blacks dislike Tyler Perry? What am I missing? I'm open to other thoughts. I don't watch his sitcoms because I don't watch much TV, and at that time I'm watching the news. I do have one TV turned to his show for the rating.

I've heard since he came on the scene, Blacks dislike of his character Madea, his movies, Madea as man or woman. For myself he represents comedy with a message. I like Tyler Perry movies for entertainment. I own all of his movies on DVD.

I wanna know whose watching Blackish. It was suppose to be on only 1/2 season. Now, it's receiving praise.

When it comes to television I vote with my rating.