Black Entertainment : Why The Boycotts Against Raven-Symoné and Don Lemon Won't Work

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
raven.jpg

.........Well, sorry to tell you this, but Raven is not going anywhere. Why? Because of ratings of course. You may hate her, but she's the smartest move that the producers on "The View" have made in a long time. As of last month, "The View," according to TV by Numbers, posted its largest total in viewers and women 25-54 in over 8 months, beating CBS’ “The Talk,” which had been topping "The View" for almost a year. If I was one of the producers of "The View" I would re-up Raven for another year right now. Keep in mind that, as a producer, my No. 1 mission is to get ratings for the show. If I don't, then I'm going to be out on the street, pounding pavement........

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...raven-symone-and-don-lemon-wont-work-20151031

Keep in mind that, as a producer, my No. 1 mission is to get ratings for the show. If I don't, then I'm going to be out on the street, pounding pavement........

In the old days, blacks that stood up had to face the same thing. But this is where they know they have us. Put us in a dream job that we won't allow us to stand for our race. And as for the article, I understood what it said. But then again, you had many that didn't roll with MLK but enjoyed the success just the same. So if it does work, the writer of that article won't have to hear these two people looking black but speaking with a European mindset.

Peace!

Raven Symoné is no stranger to controversy and yet again received an incredible amount of backlash after she seemed to make excuses for the South Carolina cop who manhandled a student.

Due to this and a series of other faux pas, The View c0-host is now the focus of a Change.org online petition calling on show creator Barbara Walters to fire her from the daytime talk show.

“African Americans and black people around the diaspora need a voice representative of their views and not a voice representative of what white people want us to say,” the petition states. “We need strong black role models in prominent positions on television an Raven Symoné cannot provide that.”

Saturday, Hollywood Reporter reportedly received a statement from the network, that showed nothing but support.

“We love Raven,”the statement said. “She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel.”

http://thegrio.com/2015/11/01/abc-responds-to-petition-to-fire-raven-symone-from-the-view/

we need to understand that "the view" isn't a news reporting show, it's an assemblage of opinionated people who offer their opinions on various topics. THEIR OPINIONS. in this particular case, the black principal, who was in the classroom during the incident, did not have an issue with the amount of force used. given that he was there--and he was the one who called the resource officer to the classroom--his actions should be more scrutinized than someone on a talk show offering an opinion...an opinion that doesn't jive with our opinions.

WHY ARE WE SO WORKED UP ABOUT HER OPINION...ON AN OPINION SHOW...THAT WE WOULD WANT HER TO LOSE HER JOB OVER IT?

there are people on this site who says we need more information to make an informed decision. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?

Don Lemon never said the officer was justified in his use of force, he said, and i paraphrase, "as a news agency, it is our responsibility to keep reporting...to keep investigating...so that we can present the WHOLE story, and not just this one clip."

Don't you want a news agency to report the facts, in their entirety? Yet, we want Don Lemon to lose his job because we disagree with his cry for doing a thorough, and complete, investigative job. Are we so quick/ready to see us fall, that we'll toss us away on the slightest whim? Would you want to be fired because your opinion differed with the status qou?

we know what FOX NEWS is about, but you don't see anyone petitioning to have them taken off the air.

as someone said earlier, if you don't like what they're saying, turn to another channel. don't try to get them fired because they said something you didn't like.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back