Black People Politics : Ralph Nader: Barack Obama wants to ‘talk white’

Brother Prizmm, I have to agree on all points. I voted for Nader as an independent just on GP. The same platform now that Cynthia McKinney is running on. However, I think Nader now is a loose cannon who is dangerous in that he is truly an independent but with no loyalty except to his small voter base. But isnt that the entire point of his campaign? To mobilize a small base of environomentalists and larger base of independents who are fed up with the two-party system and their lobbyists.

Nader actually did hit the nail on the head but we dont really wanna hear it. Kinda makes we have an inclination that a lot of us support and will vote for Obama simply because we PERCIEVE him to be Black but with no real clue as to his voting record and where he really stands, historically, on the issues.

And again, Im talking about voting record not campiagn promises and political sophistry.

Wonderful to hear from you brother 'O', and I am in agreement with all that you have stated. I am conflicted in this election as I have been in others over the years. My concern with Barack is that so many young people who haven't walked this road seem to think he is the answer, yet he isn't speaking to them as I truly wish he would, to dispel all misconceptions
at any rate I wish you well brother and look forward to gaining insight from your shared knowledge

My concern with Barack is that so many young people seem to think he is the answer, yet he isn't speaking to them as I truly wish he would,
to dispel all misconceptions
what is it that he should say to both make you happy and also secure him the victory?

what is it that he should say to both make you happy and also secure him the victory?

I apologize for being so long winded....
I am far more interested in our children securing justice, real justice. I am not interested (speaking for myself) in symbolic victories, that confuse reality, or As some here have stated, gives the impression that inmates in the white supremacist prison are now in control. It was my hope that Barack would be critical in 360 degrees, not just in his commentary concerning black men/women. His pursuit of change should include the admonishing he laid on black men, I can handle that. But; he can't run the other way when blue collar whites become upset with similar commentary. Makes it look like he cares about how they feel or fears their response.
Yet with brothers and sisters, no similar sentiment. Since we've ben mistreated like this every election cycle. Just as he expects our support, I expect him to treat us differently than we've been treated in every other election. The difference we are looking at is a two way street. First time for a black candidate*, first time we've had opportunity to vote for a black candidate (who can win).
Also, I am alarmed at his espoused foreign policy. At present it appears he is more hawkish than his adversaries. FISA, Iran, Israel, Hezbollah, Hamas, Mugabe and ZANU, Cuba. His positions on each of these concerns me.

Brother Jamesfrmphilly, if I were in a raging flood, being thrown to and fro by the current and the only thing I could grab to save my life was a tire with a rattle snake on it, that snake or I are going into the water, better the snake
than me, now I am not calling brother Obama a snake...but he is that tire!

I am far more interested in our children securing justice, real justice. I am not interested (speaking for myself) in symbolic victories, that confuse reality, or As some here have stated, gives the impression that inmates in the white supremacist prison are now in control. It was my hope that Barack would be critical in 360 degrees, not just in his commentary concerning black men/women. His pursuit of change should include the admonishing he laid on black men, I can handle that. But; he can't run the other way when blue collar whites become upset with similar commentary. Makes it look like he cares about how they feel or fears their response.
Yet with brothers and sisters, no similar sentiment. Since we've been mistreated like this every election cycle. Just as he expects our support, I expect him to treat us differently than we've been treated in every other election. The difference we are looking at is a two way street. First time for a black candidate*, first time we've had opportunity to vote for a black candidate (who can win).
Also, I am alarmed at his espoused foreign policy. At present it appears he is more hawkish than his adversaries. FISA, Iran, Israel, Hezbollah, Hamas, Mugabe and ZANU, Cuba. His positions on each of these concerns me.

Brother Jamesfrmphilly, if I were in a raging flood, being thrown to and fro by the current and the only thing I could grab to save my life was a tire with a rattle snake on it, that snake or I are going into the water, better the snake than me, now I am not calling brother Obama a snake...but he is that tire!
i do not mean to offend but i am seriously wondering as to your familiarity with presidential politics.
it seems as though you want a strong black nationalist to be elected. surely you know that is not going to happen? don't you?

obama is doing what he thinks he has to in order to get elected. i support him in this. i keep wondering how people who style themselves as being so knowledgeable can seem so naive as to what is going on. obama has got to walk that tightrope in order to get elected. he is doing what he has to do. i think it's worth it. surely you do not take campaign rhetoric seriously? i don't care what he says or whose behind he kisses as long as it leads to his election. i don't even listen to his speeches.

let me repeat. a black nationalist will not be elected president. obama happens to be the best thing that we have.

if the brothers were actually as hip as they seem to think that they are they would be all about the election of obama.

i do not mean to offend but i am seriously wondering as to your familiarity with presidential politics.
it seems as though you want a strong black nationalist to be elected. surely you know that is not going to happen? don't you?

obama is doing what he thinks he has to in order to get elected. i support him in this. i keep wondering how people who style themselves as being so knowledgeable can seem so naive as to what is going on. obama has got to walk that tightrope in order to get elected. he is doing what he has to do. i think it's worth it. surely you do not take campaign rhetoric seriously? i don't care what he says or whose behind he kisses as long as it leads to his election. i don't even listen to his speeches.

let me repeat. a black nationalist will not be elected president. obama happens to be the best thing that we have.

if the brothers were actually as hip as they seem to think that they are they would be all about the election of obama.

No offense taken Brother 'J'...I would submit to you that I have graduated from a nationalistic perspective. I am much more concerned with our Pan-African condition, so not only does he not address a narrow nationalistic perspective, so far he is awol in terms of Africa. Although I focus more directly on brothers and sisters in amerikkka (I am here) I am greatly offended by the racist treatment our people are subjected to around the globe.
In answer to your question about politics, I am familiar with presidential politricks. Hoover, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush and Bush, were very consistent with the supporters of their political ideology and perspective. They organized their administrations to serve those supporters. What they told them during the run up to the nomination, is what they did when elected. They focused on destroying New Deal and Great Society programs that purportedly leveled the playing field, and for all intents and purposes those programs are dead. No rhetoric. They have stood by their slice of the electorate.

For the record the unitary executive you see under Bush, is not going to extend to Obama, their will be balances and their will be checks on his power. Your belief that he will do what he cannot say he will do is inaccurate, rather he will remind us that he did not tell us he would do anything, because he hasn't. That does not sound like a deal to me, and what it means is that his black hue makes him symbolic, for us his victory may be empty.

I ask myself why we have to scrape and bow, why we have to come hat in hand and allow ourselves to be brow beaten publicly but seduced under cover of night. I want it in the open, I want the concerns that create such repressive conditions for black folk to be addressed in the open. I want Barack to shamelessly acknowledge that amerikkka has been and still is treating my people like so much crap, economically, educationally, legally,politically, and on. You call that black nationalism, I call it truth. For the record, I have served this country as a member of the military (economic necessity, not patriotic fervor) as have three of my brothers, my son and five nephews.
They didn't come to them under cover of night making promises about military service, it was broad daylight, they were straight up. I want the same thing from Barack, and I don't understand your stealth approach. White supremacist are never going to concede anything, he should not try to appeal to them, ignore my concerns, and have me assume anything.
In justice anywhere means justice doesn't exist everywhere. I prefer justice, as a by product of truth.
Obama is in an amazing position to articulate that 'truth' yet he whispers and winks.The world I occupy includes hard workers some more highly educated than others, they are taking buses to work at nursing homes, factories,fast food joints, unemployment offices, etc, they are not CEOs, and lawyers and teachers, they are blue collar people. They deserve his acknowledgement. By the way it doesn't matter to me if Clinton had won, or any other candidate the issues would have been the same, and my expectations would not have changed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back