Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West

Everyone with any foresight recognized the obstructionism President Obama would experience as soon as he got elected to office. He focused on pushing something through that he had to have known would be reversed if his party was not in power, leaving his most iconic legacy at the mercy of a simple majority vote.

If President Obama had focused on infrastructure first in his first days in office when he had that Democratic majority, the money would have all ready been spent and equipment and supplies purchased before the Republicans regained the House. It would have been a sunk cost that the Republicans could not strip away, with the benefits being a lower unemployment rate (which at the time peaked at 10 percent) and a boost to the economy. It may have also saved the Democratic majority in the House, because people may have felt better about their economic outlook voting back in those they felt responsible for it.

Actually the first thing Obama did was the stimulus in 2009 (The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act). This stopped the increasing number of job losses and addressed the immediate needs of those who were out of work (extend unemployment insurance, extend welfare and food stamp funding, increased Medicaid, extended COBRA coverage, tax incentives to companies to keep them from laying off people). Once you stop the loss of jobs and address people's immediate needs, THEN you can concentrate on creating jobs, but the bleeding had to be stopped first.

thank you very much!!! Now you inspire me to do that even more!!!

At the end of the day, in my heart, 'I'm a people person' and I love humanity so much!!!--even if I don't agree and get upset, I can't hold grudges long because I always forget so quickly who, what, when, where, and why... ' And then if someone tries to remind me of something, I always like to say, "I'm sorry for whatever it was, let's move on.

I think God has blessed you with something special -- How beautiful to God is the peacemaker among his humanity.

[QUOTE="willa, post: 977351, member: 35993" When I speak of the Middle East, I'm actually talking about the murder cults there, who are busy with horror killing even among moderate Muslim people not just other nations.

Sorry for not making that clear. I grieve for the loss of those innocents that ISIS, etc. have targeted. I have empathy for what Middle East families have suffered, seen, and the loss of their deeply loved family members and community friends at the hand of those who are seeking world dominance through murder.

And actually I can see how this is a subject that can be too hard to even think about. Therefore I'll move on to a different subject. :icon2: :icon16: :icon16:

I think it's great that forum members don't have to agree with each other. And I personally am very respectful and like that fact.

I appreciate forum family with their ideas and concepts even when I don't agree. You make a lot of sense with your debates.

You have a gift of listening for consideration for what people say.

And then you have your own opinion. Good.

Thanks Willa /QUOTE]

Willa, though undeniably the historical record highlights that the Semitic/Arab onslaught on Africa/Africans predates that of Europe by 2 millennia and that the peoples of African ethnicity have NOTHING to gain from either camp; doesn’t this so flaccid attempt to point the finger of blame/throw stones at Islam in the 21st century come from Christians who are existing in easily the largest glasshouse on the planet, as underlined by the fact that don’t all the countries of the Americas and Australasia currently speak/have European elites totally dominating them in every area of human activity as highlighted by ALL of them having European opposed to indigenous languages as their national tongue as standard?

Don’t Europe’s own history books highlight that Europeans exterminating any one or thing that they perceive to be different/even a little dangerous is in fact a very integral part of the European collective ethos/asili as opposed to ours; as underlined by the manner in which ALL the wolves, wild boars, bears etc that used to roam Europe in general, Western Europe specifically were exterminated hundreds of years ago [along with the so very cynical extermination of the buffalo in the USA], in stark contrast to Africa's so many large far more dangerous large animals like elephants, hippos, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, wildebeasts and even very dangerous apex predators like lions, leopards, giant pythons and crocodiles, still existing TODAY?

How many European or Africans monarchs have ever conquered as many countries/ethnic groups as Genghis Khan, aren't all of those countries that were completely overrun by the Mongolian horsemen still independent sovereign nations TODAY; whereas when is that EVER likely to be the case for the indigenous peoples of the Americas and Australasia who actually managed to survive [not be totally exterminated like the many of the indigenous American clans and all of the indigenous Tasmanians, but have been relegated into a minority powerless underclass in their homelands] the ongoing European onslaught?

Which surely begs the question, is that level of maliciously EVIL barbarity towards non-whites generally, people of African ethnicity specifically as highlighted by the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years duration; a Europeans whites/Christian thing?

Wishing this WAR away hasn't worked for the African collective in the USA, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa for the last 500 years because Slavery and Colonialism didn't so much end as evolve into the current reality of White/European socio-economic domination in every area of human activity so why are WE expecting the so murderous chaos in most of our communities and countries to improve in the near future?

Aren’t WE all being overly optimistic, very very fundamentally naive in expecting the beneficiaries and the rest within the European collective [including their lower echelons], of the systematic all pervasive RACIST onslaught that has facilitated Europe’s inhabitants in less than 600 years totally overrunning/conquering the indigenous peoples of the Americas and Australasia, other regions of Asia and all of Africa [while also still controlling a sizable section of Africa TODAY], to willingly give up on the vehicle [White Supremacist Racism allied with cultural Darwinism] that has transformed the people generally, their elite’s specifically, from this planet’s poorest continent [Europe] into the richest and most socio-economically powerful/dominant people in the world TODAY?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
View attachment 8128
I don't think acknowledging those (ISIS, etc.) who want to publish and take credit for bloody murder and torture, even of infants in front of their Muslim parents, is pointing a finger of blame on Islam, Orisons. Even Islam disavows those types of self claimed Islamic cults. The rest of Islam extols instead -- the doctrine of Peace.

So, I would like to also add to an academic discussion regarding the indigenous animals of Africa, there is today African control for the management of it's wildlife. The biggest poachers now are the Chinese for elephant tusks. Ivory is outlawed in the U.S.. Thankfully today the buffalo herd is once again vast and has become a problem because they are eating up grasses that other grazing wild life need as well. So, ignorant and greedy slaughter of wildlife is being watched, prosecuted and maintained for the wild good for a while now.

I would ask, have the Genghis Khan tribes prospered equally with Democratic nations? Do they excel in science, prosperity, and nurturing education?

Native Americans, today, have choices to make for an individual future or with a tribe.

European White have exploited African resources, by buying up property to mine, drill, and the businesses rolled in. Now the Chinese are prominent in Africa working their own deals. "I have given thought to this for a while now. I think White Europeans, etc., cannot for reasons of exploitation gain any ground on any people who are seriously educated. An educated people cannot be slipped in on, flimflammed, or taken advantage of. Remember a one time law in the South that anyone teaching a slave to read was against the law. There's a reason for that. No one can exploit an educated man.

Evil is not a Christian thing, although there have been and are those who claim christianity by tradition who were and are evil, being phony.

"Wishing this War…" War always has a bad result. In this day and age enlightened people should not use blame, but analyze what is going on within one's own community. Look first at education. Got to have more than the three Rs. There has to be taught a reason for optimism. If all the new working generation is hearing, is 'Nobody can get ahead because of white people," then why try. Then it becomes "survivor of the fittest (baddest) mentality. It turns inward and destroys.

There should be asked, what do I love to do? Start somewhere. What are other people doing in the same job I love to do? Yeah, but what is needed that they aren't doing? What is it that Corporations are missing that I can do they aren't with this idea? What if I love to read? Who's going to make money with that? How about reading to people, in a nursing home and charge for it. Or, make tapes of you reading or telling stories, and sell that. I think if there is something we are good with and love, we can make a business. But don't expect to be a millionaire. Try to make a living, keep improving. You might have to get a job to support developing a business that you love. Read up and become self educated on that product. Something like this is what the youth need to think about, not warring.
Thanks for the serious discussion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back