Black Spirituality Religion : Melanin gives Black people superior physical, mental & spiritual ability.

Sekhemu said:
Joyce

My name is Sekhemu not sek, i do not call you J. So call me by my full name or not at all.

Secondly the information I posted concerning the Dogon was not intended to challenge your beliefs as they relate to an african god. You put that spin on it not me.

Moreover this shows me that you are waiting to throw this issue up in my face every time you get the chance, how cynical of you. So this is not about whining as you ridiculously and childishly claim. It's about showing the similarities between belief systems.

Joyce I have forgotten more about african cosmology that you will ever read in your life. Because you don't read books, what you do is rely on other people to give you information. Because you are the one who admitted you are lazy. :teach:

You're the one who needs to study, not me. Aum, Blackbird and myself have given you tons of information, but we have obviously cast our pearls before swine.

You are also in no position to school me or any other ATR person about what constitutes mythology, particuliarly when you know little or nothing at all about ancestral veneration. So stick to your christian beliefs, before your fingers get burnt :devil: :thanks:

This thread is about melanin and how it relates to black people, but you came on to challenge the information based on your christian beliefs. not the other way around. So dish out what? yea right! :yawn:

you have done all you can to disprove, disavow, distract from the material i've posted in this thread, Aum called you out on this before. But you back pedalled and he let it go.

If you don't like what this thread says about melanin and black people, then you need to change course. Take your own advice. Because frankly you have added nothing to the discourse, except some fantasy/vision you claimed to have had.

So slow your roll

Sek Said:Joyce I have forgotten more about african cosmology that you will ever read in your life.

It was obvious that you had forgotten, that's why I posted that mythology link so that you would remember or at least be enlightened. The link will take you to the Encyclopedia Mythica. This is an encylopedia of mythology that contains over 6,000 entries of mythical gods. Micha Lindeman is the founder and chief editor. This person has a degree in mythology and knows well what they are talking about. Did you go to that link? If you didn't, here it is again... Just Click Here

Sek Said:Because you don't read books, what you do is rely on other people to give you information. Because you are the one who admitted you are lazy

I perfer to get my info from knowledgeable people on the spot, but YOU are proving to me that I should rely more on books and websites. Thanks for the advice.

Sek Said: Secondly the information I posted concerning the Dogon was not intended to challenge your beliefs as they relate to an african god. You put that spin on it not me.

Moreover this shows me that you are waiting to throw this issue up in my face every time you get the chance, how cynical of you. So this is not about whining as you ridiculously and childishly claim. It's about showing the similarities between belief systems

Awww Brother! Stop trying to act like you're so innocent. You had to know that the minute you compared Jesus to a mythical half human half fish being that I would can you on that. You've done it before and didn't get by with it, so what made you thought that you would get by with it this time.

Sek Said: This thread is about melanin and how it relates to black people, but you came on to challenge the information based on your christian beliefs. not the other way around. So dish out what? yea right! :yawn:

you have done all you can to disprove, disavow, distract from the material i've posted in this thread, Aum called you out on this before. But you back pedalled and he let it go.

True I did challenge your melanin beliefs. Am I to believe everything people tell me without asking questions? Surely not! Moreover, I never said one thing about Christ in this thread...you brought Him up FIRST...I didn't...remember. If you don't want to discuss Him...simply don't and we won't.

Sek Said: You are also in no position to school me or any other ATR person about what constitutes mythology, particuliarly when you know little or nothing at all about ancestral veneration. So stick to your christian beliefs, before your fingers get burnt

:lol: I hope you're not implying anything concerning powers or spells...because that won't work over here. :roll:

Let's get back to the discussion on Melanin, unless of course you don't want to talk to me. :kiss:

Joyce said:
Sek Said:Joyce I have forgotten more about african cosmology that you will ever read in your life.

It was obvious that you had forgotten, that's why I posted that mythology link so that you would remember or at least be enlightened. The link will take you to the Encyclopedia Mythica. This is an encylopedia of mythology that contains over 6,000 entries of mythical gods. Micha Lindeman is the founder and chief editor. This person has a degree in mythology and knows well what they are talking about. Did you go to that link? If you didn't, here it is again... Just Click Here

Sek Said:Because you don't read books, what you do is rely on other people to give you information. Because you are the one who admitted you are lazy

I perfer to get my info from knowledgeable people on the spot, but YOU are proving to me that I should rely more on books and websites. Thanks for the advice.

Sek Said: Secondly the information I posted concerning the Dogon was not intended to challenge your beliefs as they relate to an african god. You put that spin on it not me.

Moreover this shows me that you are waiting to throw this issue up in my face every time you get the chance, how cynical of you. So this is not about whining as you ridiculously and childishly claim. It's about showing the similarities between belief systems

Awww Brother! Stop trying to act like you're so innocent. You had to know that the minute you compared Jesus to a mythical half human half fish being that I would can you on that. You've done it before and didn't get by with it, so what made you thought that you would get by with it this time.

Sek Said: This thread is about melanin and how it relates to black people, but you came on to challenge the information based on your christian beliefs. not the other way around. So dish out what? yea right! :yawn:

True I did challenge your melanin beliefs. Am I to believe everything people tell me without asking questions? Surely not! Moreover, I never said one thing about Christ in this thread...you brought Him up FIRST...I didn't...remember. If you don't want to discuss Him...simply don't and we won't.

Sek Said: You are also in no position to school me or any other ATR person about what constitutes mythology, particuliarly when you know little or nothing at all about ancestral veneration. So stick to your christian beliefs, before your fingers get burnt

:lol: I hope you're not implying anything concerning powers or spells...because that won't work over here. :roll:

Let's get back to the discussion on Melanin, unless of course you don't want to talk to me. :kiss:

Once again, you have disrepected me by not using my full and complete name, My name is not Sek. Is that too hard for you to understand

Joyce frankly I could care less who you derive your information concerning the dogon, or what "links" you use. Unlike you I go directly to the source of the infomation. You are the novice in african mystery systems not I. And unlike you I don't read articles or links to learn about the mysteries these elders teach. :read:

I told you at the beginning of this thread that I hesitate to go any further concerning melanin, with you. Particuliarly because the differences in beliefs. Essentially warning you that I may step on your toes. However you encouraged me to proceed in the discourse. to not let 'my" beliefs get in the way of me giving you the information. So why are you crying about me talking about your christ and throwing this up in my face again.

Secondly you are not the author of this thread, nor do you have as much information about melanin as I do. You solicited knowledge from me. And at no time did anyone suggest you should believe everything I said about melanin, in fact it was just the opposite. I encouraged you do the research on your own. So did Aum. But instead you took the path of least resistance and asked me question after question.

Joyce. It is obvious you have little or next to nothing on the subject of melanin, all you have is an opportunity to voice your opinion about information you know very little about. So this is what it means by stick to your christian beliefs. Unless ofcourse you can find something in your bible that relates to the topic.

One more thing my "friend" many people call your religion mythology as well, does that mean they are right?

Ay but I ain't mad atcha, you just trodding down the wrong path :luvv:

Alafia All,

Joyce wrote, "It was obvious that you had forgotten, that's why I posted that mythology link so that you would remember or at least be enlightened. The link will take you to the Encyclopedia Mythica. This is an encylopedia of mythology that contains over 6,000 entries of mythical gods. Micha Lindeman is the founder and chief editor. This person has a degree in mythology and knows well what they are talking about. Did you go to that link? If you didn't, here it is again... Just Click Here"

I just want to add. Sista Joyce said she got her info on Dogon cosmology from some ... oh my god ... WEBSITE. I thought she didn't get her sources from there.

She also wrote, "True I did challenge your melanin beliefs. Am I to believe everything people tell me without asking questions? Surely not!"

I guess she does when it conforms to her beliefs and insight. Have you asked any questions concerning Dogon belief and the depth and richness it has to offer before deciding the Nommo are "mythical" beings - half man, half fish? It behooves anyone to get their facts about something straight from someone involved or knowledgeable. It's similar to me asking about the historical reality of Jesus from a non-Christian. As it concerns Christianity, there are many writers and scholars, I may add, that suggests it is all astrological intepretation. Jesus being the personification of a solar god arrayed with sun disks and all. The "birth" of Jesus is associated with the documented births of 16 crucified world saviors. Many people with knowledge of myth have shown the mythic correspondences between a Jesus and other PRE-DATING saviors. No big deal.

What makes it relevant is that PEOPLE CHOOSE to believe the reality and precedence of Jesus over his other archetypic counterparts. Not that he was any different except in the hearts and minds of those who believe. That's a personal choice. I dare not called your savior "mythic" (implying inferiority and non-reality) out of respect for your personal choice and conviction. It creates a bonfire. You have Jesus and I have Orula (Orunmila or Ifa) but I will never say Orula is greater than Jesus because that is not my right. If it works for you, it works for you.

Yes, definitely, I have my personal issues with Christianity but I will never, in terms of mutual dialogue and sharing, expose those feelings that only breed separateness. I stand behind the traditions of my ancestors, whether it be Kemetic, Akan, Yoruba, Dogon, Bakongo, Ewe-Fon, Ibo, Dagara, Zulu, Mande, Efik or something else. I stand behind the inherent greater spiritual qualities of Afrikan people worldwide via the medium of melanin - the universal organizing principle. I don't need research or books or expert dissemination to stand on because I have experiential, first hand knowledge to validate my conviction.

As a person degreed in anthropology (cultural anthro emphasis), I personally see many things different from most people, especially those in the Western world, due to my training and my Afrikan-inspired lens. Where one sees a universal savior, I see Religious Imperialism and Hegemony. Where one sees unity of theological beliefs, I see stale monotony. Afrikan people have existed on this earth thousands of years, discovering and remembering ways to connect with the Divine inside, before the El/Yahweh/Adonai concept in the Hebrew mythos ever emerged from the Canaanite (Ka'aaniy) pantheon of lesser divinities. Before the "Words of God" (Helios Byblios - Sun Papers) were ever writ (co-opted), before the art of script was even invented, our Afrikan ancestors had devise methods and ways of developing the human on a physical and soul level.

We dishonor our ancestors by assuming they worshipped "false" gods. Do you actually think they had the mind of children? The sad thing, the really sad thing, is we actually believe we know better than the ones that nurtured our own existence. What we take as "knowing better and truer" is only a form of ignorance, arrogance and illusion masquerading as "light." The fact is we are more ignorant to the high metaphysical and spiritual concepts our ancestors lived by than a "slug is in salt."

I respect and honor the rigid scholarship and self-empowerment my brothers Aum and Sekhemu display, as well as, the strong qualities of warriorship. Instead of accepting, "becuz dat's da onle thang' we know and hell's fiah got us spooked", these brothers as well as many other young and progressive minded Black people are pressing the limits and expanding them by inquiring about self and being. We must come full circle and understand who we are, where we come from and where we are going by going back to the Black Dot, which is melanin. The Sankofa bird is beckoning us inside those itsy bitsy cells of blackness to remember, re-member Ausar and resurrect the son Heru.

Ase!
Blackbird (in and of the brotherhood of Afrikan knowledge and truth)

Sekhemu said:
Once again, you have disrepected me by not using my full and complete name, My name is not Sek. Is that too hard for you to understand

Joyce frankly I could care less who you derive your information concerning the dogon, or what "links" you use. Unlike you I go directly to the source of the infomation. You are the novice in african mystery systems not I. And unlike you I don't read articles or links to learn about the mysteries these elders teach. :read:

I told you at the beginning of this thread that I hesitate to go any further concerning melanin, with you. Particuliarly because the differences in beliefs. Essentially warning you that I may step on your toes. However you encouraged me to proceed in the discourse. to not let 'my" beliefs get in the way of me giving you the information. So why are you crying about me talking about your christ and throwing this up in my face again.

Secondly you are not the author of this thread, nor do you have as much information about melanin as I do. You solicited knowledge from me. And at no time did anyone suggest you should believe everything I said about melanin, in fact it was just the opposite. I encouraged you do the research on your own. So did Aum. But instead you took the path of least resistance and asked me question after question.

Joyce. It is obvious you have little or next to nothing on the subject of melanin, all you have is an opportunity to voice your opinion about information you know very little about. So this is what it means by stick to your christian beliefs. Unless ofcourse you can find something in your bible that relates to the topic.

One more thing my "friend" many people call your religion mythology as well, does that mean they are right?

Ay but I ain't mad atcha, you just trodding down the wrong path :luvv:

Oh boy are you funny. I'm glad you ain mad at me though. May I have a cup of coffee? :glasses: I will not be asking you anymore questions about melanin. I'll just check in every now and then. If I have a question, I will ask permission before asking as I know you don't like to be asked challenging questions concerning your melanin black superior beliefs.

You Said: Joyce frankly I could care less who you derive your information concerning the dogon, or what "links" you use. Unlike you I go directly to the source of the infomation. You are the novice in african mystery systems not I.

The Encylopedia Of Mythology is not just a link, it is an entire online volume with over 6,000 entries on mythical gods. That IS a source of information and a very good one at that. You should check it out "Mr. I Know It All".

You Said: One more thing my "friend" many people call your religion mythology as well, does that mean they are right?

Of course it doesn't mean they are right, it just means they are confused. Volumes upon volumes of books BESIDES the bible can prove that Jesus actually did exist and that He walked this earth not to mention artifacts of various kinds. Anyone who would deny Christ ever existed yet believe that a half fish - half human name Nommo made it to Jupiter and is expecting to return, in my opinion would be a very confused person. Yet, it is my job to love and pray for them if I should run across anyone like that. If you believe Nommo is real would you admit it on this forum in front of God and everybody?
Do you believe?

Blackbird said:
Alafia All,

Joyce wrote, "It was obvious that you had forgotten, that's why I posted that mythology link so that you would remember or at least be enlightened. The link will take you to the Encyclopedia Mythica. This is an encylopedia of mythology that contains over 6,000 entries of mythical gods. Micha Lindeman is the founder and chief editor. This person has a degree in mythology and knows well what they are talking about. Did you go to that link? If you didn't, here it is again... Just Click Here"

I just want to add. Sista Joyce said she got her info on Dogon cosmology from some ... oh my god ... WEBSITE. I thought she didn't get her sources from there.

She also wrote, "True I did challenge your melanin beliefs. Am I to believe everything people tell me without asking questions? Surely not!"

I guess she does when it conforms to her beliefs and insight. Have you asked any questions concerning Dogon belief and the depth and richness it has to offer before deciding the Nommo are "mythical" beings - half man, half fish? It behooves anyone to get their facts about something straight from someone involved or knowledgeable. It's similar to me asking about the historical reality of Jesus from a non-Christian. As it concerns Christianity, there are many writers and scholars, I may add, that suggests it is all astrological intepretation. Jesus being the personification of a solar god arrayed with sun disks and all. The "birth" of Jesus is associated with the documented births of 16 crucified world saviors. Many people with knowledge of myth have shown the mythic correspondences between a Jesus and other PRE-DATING saviors. No big deal.

What makes it relevant is that PEOPLE CHOOSE to believe the reality and precedence of Jesus over his other archetypic counterparts. Not that he was any different except in the hearts and minds of those who believe. That's a personal choice. I dare not called your savior "mythic" (implying inferiority and non-reality) out of respect for your personal choice and conviction. It creates a bonfire. You have Jesus and I have Orula (Orunmila or Ifa) but I will never say Orula is greater than Jesus because that is not my right. If it works for you, it works for you.

Yes, definitely, I have my personal issues with Christianity but I will never, in terms of mutual dialogue and sharing, expose those feelings that only breed separateness. I stand behind the traditions of my ancestors, whether it be Kemetic, Akan, Yoruba, Dogon, Bakongo, Ewe-Fon, Ibo, Dagara, Zulu, Mande, Efik or something else. I stand behind the inherent greater spiritual qualities of Afrikan people worldwide via the medium of melanin - the universal organizing principle. I don't need research or books or expert dissemination to stand on because I have experiential, first hand knowledge to validate my conviction.

As a person degreed in anthropology (cultural anthro emphasis), I personally see many things different from most people, especially those in the Western world, due to my training and my Afrikan-inspired lens. Where one sees a universal savior, I see Religious Imperialism and Hegemony. Where one sees unity of theological beliefs, I see stale monotony. Afrikan people have existed on this earth thousands of years, discovering and remembering ways to connect with the Divine inside, before the El/Yahweh/Adonai concept in the Hebrew mythos ever emerged from the Canaanite (Ka'aaniy) pantheon of lesser divinities. Before the "Words of God" (Helios Byblios - Sun Papers) were ever writ (co-opted), before the art of script was even invented, our Afrikan ancestors had devise methods and ways of developing the human on a physical and soul level.

We dishonor our ancestors by assuming they worshipped "false" gods. Do you actually think they had the mind of children? The sad thing, the really sad thing, is we actually believe we know better than the ones that nurtured our own existence. What we take as "knowing better and truer" is only a form of ignorance, arrogance and illusion masquerading as "light." The fact is we are more ignorant to the high metaphysical and spiritual concepts our ancestors lived by than a "slug is in salt."

I respect and honor the rigid scholarship and self-empowerment my brothers Aum and Sekhemu display, as well as, the strong qualities of warriorship. Instead of accepting, "becuz dat's da onle thang' we know and hell's fiah got us spooked", these brothers as well as many other young and progressive minded Black people are pressing the limits and expanding them by inquiring about self and being. We must come full circle and understand who we are, where we come from and where we are going by going back to the Black Dot, which is melanin. The Sankofa bird is beckoning us inside those itsy bitsy cells of blackness to remember, re-member Ausar and resurrect the son Heru.

Ase!
Blackbird (in and of the brotherhood of Afrikan knowledge and truth)

Blackbird:Have you asked any questions concerning Dogon belief and the depth and richness it has to offer before deciding the Nommo are "mythical" beings - half man, half fish?

No, I was not aware that anyone here knew much about it. Moreover, as Sekehumu has pointed out, this thread is about melanin. Thus, that brings me to this question about something you said...

Blackbird: I stand behind the inherent greater spiritual qualities of Afrikan people worldwide via the medium of melanin - the universal organizing principle. I don't need research or books or expert dissemination to stand on because I have experiential, first hand knowledge to validate my conviction.

Would you expound on this a little bit more. I'm not quite following you.

Blackbird: The Sankofa bird is beckoning us inside those itsy bitsy cells of blackness to remember, re-member Ausar and resurrect the son Heru.

What bird is this that's inside of my cells? Who is Ausar and Heru?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back