Brother AACOOLDRE : Knowledge of self (revised)

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
KNOWLEDGE OF SELF: key to salvation
By Andre Austin

“Nay then Prometheus, art thou ignorant
words are physicians to a wrath sick soul?- Aeschylus

“The word of life” 1John 1:1

“The Wisdom of God in healing man has applied himself to his cure” St Augustine

In Egypt at the library of Alexandra bore the inscription of “Remedies for the soul”. Diodorus 1:49 wrote: “Next comes the sacred library, which bears the inscription ‘healing-place of the soul”. A similar term is said to have been placed over the collection of papyri in the “house of Seti” at Thebes. So I would draw an inference that books would be a healing, remedy or cure for the souls who desire to go to heaven. The Egyptians also wrote on their temples: “Man, know thyself”. Diogenes Laertius states “To (Thales) belongs the proverb “know thyself”. But Thales leant it in Egypt. Jesus stated that leaves were a healing for the souls in Revelation. And I shall prove that these leaves were the books of Hermes. The inscription at the Egyptian library ties in neatly with a hymn to Amen. The hymn states in part:

“He (i.e. Amen) driveth away evils and scattereth diseases.
He is the physician who healeth the eye without medicaments…
He saveth a man from what is his lot at the dictates of his heart (mind)”

The tongue/leaf of Amen reproduces that which the heart has thought out. Proverbs 15:4 called the tongue a tree of life.

Proverbs 12: 18 had it correct when it stated “The tongue of the wise is healing”. Jesus describe a leaf from the tree of life in heaven as a healing (Rev 22:2). Plutarch in his essay on Isis and Osiris clearly states that the symbol of the Egyptian tongue was a leaf. Keep on reading on and see how I tie in Christianity with the Egyptian religion. And when I looked up the word healing in the Strongs concondance proverbs 12:18 didn’t show up. I wonder why ? The proposition that Solomon was Egyptian has increased with proving his proverbs were of Egyptian origin.

Knowledge of Gods wisdom in Christianity was also connected to the “ways of Maat”. In Egyptian book of the dead there was two ways of light and darkness. Proverbs 4:10-13 called it the good and evil way. The way of wisdom leads directly to life in Proverbs.

Early Church father. Irenaeus said the Gnostics taught that spiritual man is redeemed by means of knowledge. The Bible seems to be saying the same thing. Jesus healed the sick with his hand and word of his mouth. A woman was sick with fever and he touched her with his hand (Matthew 8: 14-15). But when “a man was possessed with devils he cast out the spirits with his word”. Jesus just said “Go” (E.A Wallis Budge states: The Gnostic relied on precisely the same things to help his soul into heaven. But his priest helped him materially by simplifying the intricate Egyptian system of magical figures and symbols and texts, and condensing their powers into a single word, or name or figure or symbol” see The Mummy p328) and the man was healed. This makes me wonder about the Tree of life in Revelations 22 were the leaves are a healing. In Egypt a leaf was symbolic of a tongue where Thoth wrote your own words down which would reward you with heaven or hell. I believe those leaves were in reference to the “Book of life” and other books for souls to read when the went to heaven. We go to the Webster dictionary and find that leaves meant a sheet of paper.

Revelations 20: 12-13 states “And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books”. According to Gerald Massey “When the mummy (dead) was deposited in the chest of the living. A copy of the second breath (life) was placed in his pillow, and the leaves of the book of life were the lining of his coffin. In the Egyptian book of the dead (actually the book coming forth by day) the deceased makes his way from stage to stage of his progress by what he knows.

An Egyptian group known as Essenes or Therapeutate. They were also connected with Gnostic who taught that the religion of Christianity was wrongly held as history when it was symbolic. This symbolism was a mystery system where only accessible to those who “know” the hidden meaning. Paul was a Gnostic but after he died they interpolated their doctrines. They called Jesus the Nazarene (Matthew 2:23). It is a mistake to think Nazarene was a geographical location. The Nazarenes were one of many Gnostic sects. Many deep religious readers know the strong resemblance between Hermeticism/Thoth, the theology of the gospel of St John, and some of St Paul letters. It’s commonly known that three schools of thought emerged from the debris of the Egyptian religion were Heremeticists, Neo-Platonists and Gnostics. I know when felix had Paul on trial they refered to him as “ringleader of the sect of the Nazoreans” Acts 24:5 . This sect was linked to a sect called “The way” Acts 24: 14 ; 22. The Essenes had sacred books called “The Way”. The Egyptian book of the dead talks about “the way” as a process of going to heaven.

I’m trying to figure it out and connect the Book of life with knowledge of words, which provide healing. Jesus laid it all out in Matthew 13.

Because knowledge of the mysteries
Of the kingdom of heaven has been granted…

This is why I speak (or saying words) to them in parables…

Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled

Gross is the heart of this people,
They will hardly hear with their ears..

And hear with their ears
And understand with their heart and be
Converted,
And I heal them…

Hear then the parable of the sower. The seed
Sown on the path is the one who hears the word
Of the kingdom”.

Diogenes Laertius speaks of Zeno (333Bc-261BC) in his essay. First we should note that Paul quotes from the fifth line of Aratus’s Phaenomena in Acts 17: 28. Aratus was in the same philosophers club with Zeno. Diogenes states Zeno was “Swarthy-hence some called him an Egyptian vine-branch”. Zeno said a couple of things that run familiar with Matthew 13. For example: “We should exercise our mind in disposing to advantage of what we hear, instead of, as it were, tasting a well cooked dish or well dressed meal” and again “The reason why we have two ears and only one mouth is that we may listen more and talk the less”. And lastly “The man capable of giving a proper hearing to what is said and profiting by it was superior to him who discovers everything himself”. Now that’s a Gnostic concept of figuring things out within yourself.

In Egypt “There took shape in the heart, there took shape on the tongue/word the form of Atum. For the very great one is Ptah, who gave life to all through his heart and through his tongue/word, in which Horus had taken shape as Ptah, in which Thoth had taken shape as Ptah”. This Memphite theology Father Boylan hasten to deny it, looks remarkably like the Platonic and Christian logos, the ‘Word’.

“This was the same as John says that “In the beginning was the word and the word was with god and the word was god” . The only problem was that early Christian scribes added, “The word became flesh”. It was never flesh it was always spiritual. If its false then why the difference in treating a physically sick with a spiritual sick. The physical sick got hands the other the word. The word was always spirit. This is why you have to worship in spirit and in truth. The gospel writers didn’t understand the abstract teachings of Gnosticism and neither did the masses who saw nothing beyond the demiurge.

The Essence according to Plato was colorless, formless and visible only to the mind or higher reason like in trances. This same definition can be applied to Amen who in Egypt meant hidden truth. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, “Jesus Christ himself is the Amen. He is the definitive Amen of the fathers love for us”.

There is no diffirence between the Book of life and “Remedies of the soul” inscribe at the library of Alexandra. Socrates and Plato had a famous saying of “Know thy self”, which was the key to salvation. “Gnosis could translate as “insight”, for gnosis involves the intuitive process of knowning oneself”See Black Athena The Egyptian heaven where souls passed from stage to stage is connected with revelations other books being opened up besides the book of life. The leaves that provided healing in Revelation 22 was referring to words from a person mouth or words colleted to form books.

Notes:
According to George G.M James Stolen Legacy “The Egyptian mystery system was coextensive with the needs of the highest civilization of the ancient world. Its text books consisted of:
(1) The 42 books of Hermes
(2) The Therapeutic use of the seven liberal arts, for the cure of man’s soul. And if you read Plutarch’s Isis And Osiris [375] you will see how Plutarch the meaning of Essence with understanding and intelligence. The sect of the Essence was called Therapeutic also. Therfore learning was connected to healing.

The word “Ram” means “Concealment” in the Egyptian lanquage. What a coincidence that the last word of M is a scared letter which is the first word for water. Amen meant “the concealed one”. In the Gnostic Gospel of Philip it reports: Jesus is a hidden name…The Nazarene is he who reveals what is hidden”. I understand the Bible refers to Jesus has a Ram . The Gospel of Philip also stated Jesus middle name was Nazarene. Messiah has two meanings, both the Christ and the measured. Jesus in Hebrew is the redemption. Nazara is the truth. Nazarene , then is the truth”. Before I read Philip’s gospel I had already concluded elsewhere in another essay that the Egyptian god meant hidden truth. Light Hidden under water that eventually would shine its truth. Amen-Ra was the double truth combined into one. The Christians can’t deny the Gospel of Philip statements because in their own gospels/memoir say you must worship god in spirit and in truth, which is Amen-Ra because unseen is Amen and Ra is light/truth.

The root of the word Christ is Egyptian in origin.

Plato some time in 4th century BC in his Republic Book X refer to “The way” in speaking of the Egyptian trained Pythagoras.

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out that Paul was Gnostic and had his writings tampered with after he died. You can see it through the contradictions of flesh vs. Spirit and faith. Now Paul chides the Corinthian Christians for being “people of the flesh” 1 Corinthians 3: 1-4 when they should be spiritual. But do they really have to be when John said the “word was made flesh” John 1:14. The Gnostics thought faith was inferior to knowledge. The true sons of the absolute deity were saved through knowledge rather than faith. I agree that to have faith you have to have knowledge in faith.

See A. Powell Davies Dead Sea Scrolls pp116-118 for the following information:
“Let us again notice that those to whom the name Essene is given did not use that name in speaking of themselves. Nor was the name Christian used by those who are called the early Christians. The people who came to bear these names called themselves “The Saints”, “The Brethren”, “The Elect”, “Sons of Light”, “They that are of the way”…

Scholars have always had to accept the possibility that at the time of Jesus there was no city called Nazareth. Moreover, Nazareth is not mentioned either in the old testament or the Talmud. There is a strong possibility that Nazareth, instead of being the name of a city, is a synonym for all Galilee. In this case, Nazarenes would mean the same as Galileans, and we know that the Christianoi were called Galileans (Luke 22:59) as late as the time of the Emperor Julian. What this amounts to is that Essence of Galilee were sometimes called Galileans, sometimes Nazarenes . Luke admits Galilee was part of Nazareth when he said “And Joseph too went up from Galilee from the town of Nazareth” Luke 2:4.

So again we find the distinctions fading. “Nazarene” means “Believer in a messiah”. So does “Christianos” And we know that all the essence sects believed in a messiah.”

If Davies is correct about Galilee and Nazareth as one in the same would force me to turn to Strabo (64BC-25Ad) for some interesting information. Strabo reports Book 16: 2.34: “Jerusalem; for this city is also near the sea; for, as I have already said, …This region lies towards the north; and it is inhabited in general, as is each place in particular, by mixed stocks of people from Aegyptian and Arabian and Phoenician tribes; for such are those who occupy Galilee and Jericho…The temple at Jerusalem represents the ancestors of the present Judaeans, as they are called, as Aegyptians”. As far as 1400 BC the Amarna letters clearly show that Jerusalem was under Egyptian control with Egyptian military garrison before their Exodus. The Bible talks about a black tribe Jebus: “Jerasalem” as its founder Josh 18:28; Judg 1:21; 19:10; Chron. 11:4-5. His offspring had occupied that city long before the Hebrews left Egypt.

Review the lanquage of the Egyptian book of the dead. “Verily I say, Osiris, I’am a ruler divine, I say let it be that there is no repulse to me at it, at its wall of burning coals. I have opened the way in Re-stau, easing the pain of Osiris, making to enter that which hath weighed the standard, making his way in the valley, great one making the way, shineth Osiris” In in another passage it states: “O ye who opened the way and lay open the paths to perfected souls in the (Double) Hall of Osiris, open ye the way…may his bidding be done in the house of Osiris…He hath not been found wanting there, and the balance is rid of his trial”.

Re-stau is a place where you wait for your heart to be judge by Thoth with a feather of truth. If you were found to be doubly true you emerged with Truth Amen-Ra for eternal life. So my friend that was the original way, truth and life that Jesus spoke and Paul wrote about.

Shetat was the same as mysteries. It meant the secret rites that were performed by initiated persons only, who were limited in number. They search the mysteries because they wanted to know, and knowledge was the reward of their diligent research.

Plato’s Phaedo States the Essence is “Unseen” soul and immortal. He states that souls purifies themselves by Philsophy live without bodies forever. Philsophy according to Plato was love of knowledge that was in your soul before you were born. Also when your soul is trying to get into heaven “The soul comes to hades she brings with her nothing but her education and training; and this is said to do the greatest help or hurt to the dead at the very beginning of his course thither…there those gathered must stand their trial, and then pass on to the house of hades with the guide…if there would be no need of guides, for no one could miss one way to anywhere. But really, it seems to have many breaks and branches”. In the Egyptian book of the dead it says similar things of Plato. For example: “Indeed the Sektet boat and the Atet boat bring to me them under the trees of which I know the branches beautiful”.

.The Gospel of Thomas makes an interesting statement: “Jesus said, blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister you. For there are five trees for you in paradice which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death”. Are these the other books rev 20 :12 was talking about ? Where the leaves apart of these books to which where a healing Rev 22:2. I believe so.

“There are also connections between Orpheus and The Book of the dead. In New kingdom and later Egypt this served as a guide for the soul through the perils of the Underworld to immortality, and was frequently buried with the mummified corpse. In Greece and Italy, spells and hymns inscribed on gold leaf were placed by the bodies of devotees of Orpheus. So it is interesting to note in this connection that a version of The book of the dead does refer to ‘the books of Geb and Osiris’ –Black Athena p.72. Bertrand Russell states in his History of Western Philosophy “Orphic tablets have been found in tombs, giving instructions to the soul of the dead person as to how to find his way in the next world, and what to say in order to prove himself worthy of salvation” p.18 . I then skip to p.308 where Russell says: “especially as to salvation, which were on the whole new in Christianity, though in part traceable to Orphism”. Diodorus 1:96 states that “Orpheus, for instance, brought from Egypt most of his mystic ceremonies”. This may perhaps explain Revelations account of Jesus claiming that leaves are a healing. The Egyptians used spells to prolong life or regain it after death see the Egyptian book of dead which says “who live in my body through the mighty spell of the words of my mouth which raiseth up him that hath fallen” p 341. Homer in the last book of the Odyssey 24: 5 states “Hermes the kindly healer”. Plutarch also told us that Thoth/Hermes wrote your words on a leaf. Plutarch went on to say “The tongue is luck, the tongue is god. Of the plants in Egypt they say that the persea is especially consecrated to the goddess because its fruit resembles a heart and its leaf a tongue”.

The Voyage of Argo stated: “But Medea, chanting a spell, dipped a fresh sprig of juniper in her brew and sprinkled his eyes with her most potent drug; and as the all-pervading magic scent spread around his head, sleep fell on him” iv 146-185. And again: “Orpheus sobbed as he prayed. But the nymphs were still at hand, and they took pity on the suffering men. They wrought a miracle. First, grass sprang up from the ground; …in a moment three saplings, tall, straight and in full leaf, were growing there…And now the Argonauts heard Aegle in her gentle voice tell them what they wished to know”4:1402-1435. Diodorus 1:92-96 tells us that Orpheus reproduced Egyptian funeral practices

Also in the Egyptian Book of the dead it reads: “ Art thou knowing the name of the leaf upper and the leaf lower? These two leaves were on doors or gates of those passing through rest stops/ Re-stau along your journey or travels in the under and upper world.
According to Budge Egyptians buried their dead with leaves latter turned into reed mats. Also gold leafs were buried with a copy of the book of the dead.

Virgil version of his Egyptian version of the underworld talks about those leaves too.

A tree’s deep shade conceals a bough whose leave
And pliant twigs are all of gold, a thing
Sacred to Juno of the lower world

Virgil also talk about Iron cubicles , Iron mouths , Green swamp lakes, Charon’s boatman, region of shades, snakes, a judge, Cereberus, golden legs, double plumes which are all talked about in the Egyptian Book of the dead

So I close with one more which ties in all the above. “Osiris…he maketh the way for the intelligence, for the soul of Osiris. Ani I am provided, I’am an intelligence provided, I have made the way to the place in which Ra and Hathor are there. If be known chapter this he becometh as an intelligence provided in the Netherworld”.

Further reading proves that the Leaf in the bible was symbolic of god just like Plutarch stated that the Egyptians symbolize God’s tongue as a leaf. Malachi 4:6 stated “But for you who revere my name, the sun (not son) of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings”. Now Psalms 84: 11 also states that god is a sun and shield. A shield protects just like medicine protects and heals you from sickness. We know that wings resemble leaves that are combined together. So these feathers could also be leaves of healing that Revelations 22:2 talks about. The Egyptians also symbolized truth as a feather. And the Egyptian god was Maat/Truth before he was anything else. We know that the New testament pointed out the diffirence between Satan and God. Satan was lies and God was truth. God wings are leaves/books, the same books are opened up after the book of life is opened up. The Christian religion and the Egyptian religion are one and the same. Now I conclude without a doubt in my mind that all of symbolic talk was just trying to say that the words of god is truth which can heal you.

Second Century writer Apuleius wrote The Golden ***. Apuleius was initiated into the mysteries of Isis twice and wrote about it in book 11 of his works. I’m particularly interested in a passage when he states: “Thereupon the old man (priest) took me by the hand and led me toward the spacious temple; and after he had duly performed the rituals of opening the doors and of making the morning-sacrifice, he produced from the secret recesses of the shrine certain books written in unknown characters was concealed, at times by the concentrated expression of hieroglyphically painted animals, at times by Wreathed (Twisted leaves) and twisted letters with tails that twirled like wheels or spiraled together like vinetendrils-so that it was altogether impossible for any peeping profane to comprehend. From these books the high priest interpreted to me the matters necessary for my mystic preparation”. This gives me to points to make. First the Egyptians wrote on leaves for religious reasons and second this may be the origin of speaking in Tongues or Leaves.

The Catholics in their introduction to Revelation states that the symbol for knowledge was (eyes). This is strange because eyes are connected to symbols of healing in Egypt. Eyes were symbol of RA, the Sun too. It was Plutarch writing the Obsolescence of Oracles remarking “Apollo/Horus and the sun as one and the same god; but those who understood and respected fair and wise analogy conjectured that as body is to soul, vision to intellect, and light to truth, so is the power of the sun to the nature of Appollo and they would make it appear that the sun is his offspring and progency, being for ever born (life) of him. For the sun kindles and promotes and helps to keep in activity (Alive) the power of vision”. The Sun was connected to knowledge and life. The healing parts comes in through the fictional story of the eye of Horus. The myth explains how Horus fought Set/Satan over the murder of Osiris. In that fight Horus eye was torn into fragments. But thanks to Thoth/Hermes and Isis his eye was restored. The complete eye had come to mean whole, unharmed and was used in hieroglyphic writing to represent wholesomeness and unity. And Just as a side note Herodotus equated “Horus is the Apollo” in book 2:144.

The eye symbol has gradually evolved into todays familiar sign for prescription, RX. So knowledge and healing are interchangeable and go hand and hand being derived from Egyptian religion. So when I see Ptah being associated with Fire/sun. I know that his heart/mind thought of creating the world through his tongue/words. The Bible also says the Tongue/words are healing Proverbs and that light was truth John 3:21, 2cor 4:6 which says the “light of the knowledge” . Now light also refers to health. “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light” Matthew 6:22 And here’s another quote from the book of the dead “Osiris, shooting rays of light from his eye” p.288 In Egypt The eye “Uta” signfies salvation . The Egyptians fed the eye with sacred oil. John also makes it very clear that the word was light also. John 1:1.So having a whole healthy body was through one eye of light/knowledge. This is no diffirent than the Egyptian religion stated Knowledge was a healing.

Notes:

I almost forgot to mention another side issue of the leaf from Revelations. The leaf was symbolic for healing of Nations. I’m finding a similar story in a box the tomb of TwtankhAmen/Jesus which contained several pieces of gold leaf, bearing his name. One of the gold leaves represents three foreigners from three diffirent races or nations of the ancient known world. This story runs on the same line as the three kings who come to see Jesus. Nothing is mentioned of healing on this gold leaf but King Tut was known as a redeemer and this leaf like Revelations leaf was associated with Nations.

I just read a book by E.A Wallis Budge called "Legends of the Egyptian Gods".On p.xxxii He states that the Egyptians performed a certain ritual in order to have life in the Otherworld. The Egyptians painted their tongues with green with a figure of Maat/truth on it. It's stated in proverbs that your tongue could give you life or death. And I also learned in the NT that a persons words could aquit or indict him. Then in revelations I hear Jesus talking about leaves being a healing for Nations. The Egyptians used a leaf as a symbol of a tongue.

Neo Platonistic literature should not be kept only for the....

KNOWLEDGE OF SELF: key to salvation
By Andre Austin

“Nay then Prometheus, art thou ignorant
words are physicians to a wrath sick soul?- Aeschylus

“The word of life” 1John 1:1

“The Wisdom of God in healing man has applied himself to his cure” St Augustine

In Egypt at the library of Alexandra bore the inscription of “Remedies for the soul”. Diodorus 1:49 wrote: “Next comes the sacred library, which bears the inscription ‘healing-place of the soul”. A similar term is said to have been placed over the collection of papyri in the “house of Seti” at Thebes. So I would draw an inference that books would be a healing, remedy or cure for the souls who desire to go to heaven. The Egyptians also wrote on their temples: “Man, know thyself”. Diogenes Laertius states “To (Thales) belongs the proverb “know thyself”. But Thales leant it in Egypt. Jesus stated that leaves were a healing for the souls in Revelation. And I shall prove that these leaves were the books of Hermes. The inscription at the Egyptian library ties in neatly with a hymn to Amen. The hymn states in part:

“He (i.e. Amen) driveth away evils and scattereth diseases.
He is the physician who healeth the eye without medicaments…
He saveth a man from what is his lot at the dictates of his heart (mind)”

The tongue/leaf of Amen reproduces that which the heart has thought out. Proverbs 15:4 called the tongue a tree of life.

Proverbs 12: 18 had it correct when it stated “The tongue of the wise is healing”. Jesus describe a leaf from the tree of life in heaven as a healing (Rev 22:2). Plutarch in his essay on Isis and Osiris clearly states that the symbol of the Egyptian tongue was a leaf. Keep on reading on and see how I tie in Christianity with the Egyptian religion. And when I looked up the word healing in the Strongs concondance proverbs 12:18 didn’t show up. I wonder why ? The proposition that Solomon was Egyptian has increased with proving his proverbs were of Egyptian origin.

Knowledge of Gods wisdom in Christianity was also connected to the “ways of Maat”. In Egyptian book of the dead there was two ways of light and darkness. Proverbs 4:10-13 called it the good and evil way. The way of wisdom leads directly to life in Proverbs.

Early Church father. Irenaeus said the Gnostics taught that spiritual man is redeemed by means of knowledge. The Bible seems to be saying the same thing. Jesus healed the sick with his hand and word of his mouth. A woman was sick with fever and he touched her with his hand (Matthew 8: 14-15). But when “a man was possessed with devils he cast out the spirits with his word”. Jesus just said “Go” (E.A Wallis Budge states: The Gnostic relied on precisely the same things to help his soul into heaven. But his priest helped him materially by simplifying the intricate Egyptian system of magical figures and symbols and texts, and condensing their powers into a single word, or name or figure or symbol” see The Mummy p328) and the man was healed. This makes me wonder about the Tree of life in Revelations 22 were the leaves are a healing. In Egypt a leaf was symbolic of a tongue where Thoth wrote your own words down which would reward you with heaven or hell. I believe those leaves were in reference to the “Book of life” and other books for souls to read when the went to heaven. We go to the Webster dictionary and find that leaves meant a sheet of paper.

Revelations 20: 12-13 states “And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books”. According to Gerald Massey “When the mummy (dead) was deposited in the chest of the living. A copy of the second breath (life) was placed in his pillow, and the leaves of the book of life were the lining of his coffin. In the Egyptian book of the dead (actually the book coming forth by day) the deceased makes his way from stage to stage of his progress by what he knows.

An Egyptian group known as Essenes or Therapeutate. They were also connected with Gnostic who taught that the religion of Christianity was wrongly held as history when it was symbolic. This symbolism was a mystery system where only accessible to those who “know” the hidden meaning. Paul was a Gnostic but after he died they interpolated their doctrines. They called Jesus the Nazarene (Matthew 2:23). It is a mistake to think Nazarene was a geographical location. The Nazarenes were one of many Gnostic sects. Many deep religious readers know the strong resemblance between Hermeticism/Thoth, the theology of the gospel of St John, and some of St Paul letters. It’s commonly known that three schools of thought emerged from the debris of the Egyptian religion were Heremeticists, Neo-Platonists and Gnostics. I know when felix had Paul on trial they refered to him as “ringleader of the sect of the Nazoreans” Acts 24:5 . This sect was linked to a sect called “The way” Acts 24: 14 ; 22. The Essenes had sacred books called “The Way”. The Egyptian book of the dead talks about “the way” as a process of going to heaven.

I’m trying to figure it out and connect the Book of life with knowledge of words, which provide healing. Jesus laid it all out in Matthew 13.

Because knowledge of the mysteries
Of the kingdom of heaven has been granted…

This is why I speak (or saying words) to them in parables…

Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled

Gross is the heart of this people,
They will hardly hear with their ears..

And hear with their ears
And understand with their heart and be
Converted,
And I heal them…

Hear then the parable of the sower. The seed
Sown on the path is the one who hears the word
Of the kingdom”.

Diogenes Laertius speaks of Zeno (333Bc-261BC) in his essay. First we should note that Paul quotes from the fifth line of Aratus’s Phaenomena in Acts 17: 28. Aratus was in the same philosophers club with Zeno. Diogenes states Zeno was “Swarthy-hence some called him an Egyptian vine-branch”. Zeno said a couple of things that run familiar with Matthew 13. For example: “We should exercise our mind in disposing to advantage of what we hear, instead of, as it were, tasting a well cooked dish or well dressed meal” and again “The reason why we have two ears and only one mouth is that we may listen more and talk the less”. And lastly “The man capable of giving a proper hearing to what is said and profiting by it was superior to him who discovers everything himself”. Now that’s a Gnostic concept of figuring things out within yourself.

In Egypt “There took shape in the heart, there took shape on the tongue/word the form of Atum. For the very great one is Ptah, who gave life to all through his heart and through his tongue/word, in which Horus had taken shape as Ptah, in which Thoth had taken shape as Ptah”. This Memphite theology Father Boylan hasten to deny it, looks remarkably like the Platonic and Christian logos, the ‘Word’.

“This was the same as John says that “In the beginning was the word and the word was with god and the word was god” . The only problem was that early Christian scribes added, “The word became flesh”. It was never flesh it was always spiritual. If its false then why the difference in treating a physically sick with a spiritual sick. The physical sick got hands the other the word. The word was always spirit. This is why you have to worship in spirit and in truth. The gospel writers didn’t understand the abstract teachings of Gnosticism and neither did the masses who saw nothing beyond the demiurge.

The Essence according to Plato was colorless, formless and visible only to the mind or higher reason like in trances. This same definition can be applied to Amen who in Egypt meant hidden truth. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states, “Jesus Christ himself is the Amen. He is the definitive Amen of the fathers love for us”.

There is no diffirence between the Book of life and “Remedies of the soul” inscribe at the library of Alexandra. Socrates and Plato had a famous saying of “Know thy self”, which was the key to salvation. “Gnosis could translate as “insight”, for gnosis involves the intuitive process of knowning oneself”See Black Athena The Egyptian heaven where souls passed from stage to stage is connected with revelations other books being opened up besides the book of life. The leaves that provided healing in Revelation 22 was referring to words from a person mouth or words colleted to form books.

Notes:
According to George G.M James Stolen Legacy “The Egyptian mystery system was coextensive with the needs of the highest civilization of the ancient world. Its text books consisted of:
(1) The 42 books of Hermes
(2) The Therapeutic use of the seven liberal arts, for the cure of man’s soul. And if you read Plutarch’s Isis And Osiris [375] you will see how Plutarch the meaning of Essence with understanding and intelligence. The sect of the Essence was called Therapeutic also. Therfore learning was connected to healing.

The word “Ram” means “Concealment” in the Egyptian lanquage. What a coincidence that the last word of M is a scared letter which is the first word for water. Amen meant “the concealed one”. In the Gnostic Gospel of Philip it reports: Jesus is a hidden name…The Nazarene is he who reveals what is hidden”. I understand the Bible refers to Jesus has a Ram . The Gospel of Philip also stated Jesus middle name was Nazarene. Messiah has two meanings, both the Christ and the measured. Jesus in Hebrew is the redemption. Nazara is the truth. Nazarene , then is the truth”. Before I read Philip’s gospel I had already concluded elsewhere in another essay that the Egyptian god meant hidden truth. Light Hidden under water that eventually would shine its truth. Amen-Ra was the double truth combined into one. The Christians can’t deny the Gospel of Philip statements because in their own gospels/memoir say you must worship god in spirit and in truth, which is Amen-Ra because unseen is Amen and Ra is light/truth.

The root of the word Christ is Egyptian in origin.

Plato some time in 4th century BC in his Republic Book X refer to “The way” in speaking of the Egyptian trained Pythagoras.

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out that Paul was Gnostic and had his writings tampered with after he died. You can see it through the contradictions of flesh vs. Spirit and faith. Now Paul chides the Corinthian Christians for being “people of the flesh” 1 Corinthians 3: 1-4 when they should be spiritual. But do they really have to be when John said the “word was made flesh” John 1:14. The Gnostics thought faith was inferior to knowledge. The true sons of the absolute deity were saved through knowledge rather than faith. I agree that to have faith you have to have knowledge in faith.

See A. Powell Davies Dead Sea Scrolls pp116-118 for the following information:
“Let us again notice that those to whom the name Essene is given did not use that name in speaking of themselves. Nor was the name Christian used by those who are called the early Christians. The people who came to bear these names called themselves “The Saints”, “The Brethren”, “The Elect”, “Sons of Light”, “They that are of the way”…

Scholars have always had to accept the possibility that at the time of Jesus there was no city called Nazareth. Moreover, Nazareth is not mentioned either in the old testament or the Talmud. There is a strong possibility that Nazareth, instead of being the name of a city, is a synonym for all Galilee. In this case, Nazarenes would mean the same as Galileans, and we know that the Christianoi were called Galileans (Luke 22:59) as late as the time of the Emperor Julian. What this amounts to is that Essence of Galilee were sometimes called Galileans, sometimes Nazarenes . Luke admits Galilee was part of Nazareth when he said “And Joseph too went up from Galilee from the town of Nazareth” Luke 2:4.

So again we find the distinctions fading. “Nazarene” means “Believer in a messiah”. So does “Christianos” And we know that all the essence sects believed in a messiah.”

If Davies is correct about Galilee and Nazareth as one in the same would force me to turn to Strabo (64BC-25Ad) for some interesting information. Strabo reports Book 16: 2.34: “Jerusalem; for this city is also near the sea; for, as I have already said, …This region lies towards the north; and it is inhabited in general, as is each place in particular, by mixed stocks of people from Aegyptian and Arabian and Phoenician tribes; for such are those who occupy Galilee and Jericho…The temple at Jerusalem represents the ancestors of the present Judaeans, as they are called, as Aegyptians”. As far as 1400 BC the Amarna letters clearly show that Jerusalem was under Egyptian control with Egyptian military garrison before their Exodus. The Bible talks about a black tribe Jebus: “Jerasalem” as its founder Josh 18:28; Judg 1:21; 19:10; Chron. 11:4-5. His offspring had occupied that city long before the Hebrews left Egypt.

Review the lanquage of the Egyptian book of the dead. “Verily I say, Osiris, I’am a ruler divine, I say let it be that there is no repulse to me at it, at its wall of burning coals. I have opened the way in Re-stau, easing the pain of Osiris, making to enter that which hath weighed the standard, making his way in the valley, great one making the way, shineth Osiris” In in another passage it states: “O ye who opened the way and lay open the paths to perfected souls in the (Double) Hall of Osiris, open ye the way…may his bidding be done in the house of Osiris…He hath not been found wanting there, and the balance is rid of his trial”.

Re-stau is a place where you wait for your heart to be judge by Thoth with a feather of truth. If you were found to be doubly true you emerged with Truth Amen-Ra for eternal life. So my friend that was the original way, truth and life that Jesus spoke and Paul wrote about.

Shetat was the same as mysteries. It meant the secret rites that were performed by initiated persons only, who were limited in number. They search the mysteries because they wanted to know, and knowledge was the reward of their diligent research.

Plato’s Phaedo States the Essence is “Unseen” soul and immortal. He states that souls purifies themselves by Philsophy live without bodies forever. Philsophy according to Plato was love of knowledge that was in your soul before you were born. Also when your soul is trying to get into heaven “The soul comes to hades she brings with her nothing but her education and training; and this is said to do the greatest help or hurt to the dead at the very beginning of his course thither…there those gathered must stand their trial, and then pass on to the house of hades with the guide…if there would be no need of guides, for no one could miss one way to anywhere. But really, it seems to have many breaks and branches”. In the Egyptian book of the dead it says similar things of Plato. For example: “Indeed the Sektet boat and the Atet boat bring to me them under the trees of which I know the branches beautiful”.

.The Gospel of Thomas makes an interesting statement: “Jesus said, blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister you. For there are five trees for you in paradice which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death”. Are these the other books rev 20 :12 was talking about ? Where the leaves apart of these books to which where a healing Rev 22:2. I believe so.

“There are also connections between Orpheus and The Book of the dead. In New kingdom and later Egypt this served as a guide for the soul through the perils of the Underworld to immortality, and was frequently buried with the mummified corpse. In Greece and Italy, spells and hymns inscribed on gold leaf were placed by the bodies of devotees of Orpheus. So it is interesting to note in this connection that a version of The book of the dead does refer to ‘the books of Geb and Osiris’ –Black Athena p.72. Bertrand Russell states in his History of Western Philosophy “Orphic tablets have been found in tombs, giving instructions to the soul of the dead person as to how to find his way in the next world, and what to say in order to prove himself worthy of salvation” p.18 . I then skip to p.308 where Russell says: “especially as to salvation, which were on the whole new in Christianity, though in part traceable to Orphism”. Diodorus 1:96 states that “Orpheus, for instance, brought from Egypt most of his mystic ceremonies”. This may perhaps explain Revelations account of Jesus claiming that leaves are a healing. The Egyptians used spells to prolong life or regain it after death see the Egyptian book of dead which says “who live in my body through the mighty spell of the words of my mouth which raiseth up him that hath fallen” p 341. Homer in the last book of the Odyssey 24: 5 states “Hermes the kindly healer”. Plutarch also told us that Thoth/Hermes wrote your words on a leaf. Plutarch went on to say “The tongue is luck, the tongue is god. Of the plants in Egypt they say that the persea is especially consecrated to the goddess because its fruit resembles a heart and its leaf a tongue”.

The Voyage of Argo stated: “But Medea, chanting a spell, dipped a fresh sprig of juniper in her brew and sprinkled his eyes with her most potent drug; and as the all-pervading magic scent spread around his head, sleep fell on him” iv 146-185. And again: “Orpheus sobbed as he prayed. But the nymphs were still at hand, and they took pity on the suffering men. They wrought a miracle. First, grass sprang up from the ground; …in a moment three saplings, tall, straight and in full leaf, were growing there…And now the Argonauts heard Aegle in her gentle voice tell them what they wished to know”4:1402-1435. Diodorus 1:92-96 tells us that Orpheus reproduced Egyptian funeral practices

Also in the Egyptian Book of the dead it reads: “ Art thou knowing the name of the leaf upper and the leaf lower? These two leaves were on doors or gates of those passing through rest stops/ Re-stau along your journey or travels in the under and upper world.
According to Budge Egyptians buried their dead with leaves latter turned into reed mats. Also gold leafs were buried with a copy of the book of the dead.

Virgil version of his Egyptian version of the underworld talks about those leaves too.

A tree’s deep shade conceals a bough whose leave
And pliant twigs are all of gold, a thing
Sacred to Juno of the lower world

Virgil also talk about Iron cubicles , Iron mouths , Green swamp lakes, Charon’s boatman, region of shades, snakes, a judge, Cereberus, golden legs, double plumes which are all talked about in the Egyptian Book of the dead

So I close with one more which ties in all the above. “Osiris…he maketh the way for the intelligence, for the soul of Osiris. Ani I am provided, I’am an intelligence provided, I have made the way to the place in which Ra and Hathor are there. If be known chapter this he becometh as an intelligence provided in the Netherworld”.

Further reading proves that the Leaf in the bible was symbolic of god just like Plutarch stated that the Egyptians symbolize God’s tongue as a leaf. Malachi 4:6 stated “But for you who revere my name, the sun (not son) of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings”. Now Psalms 84: 11 also states that god is a sun and shield. A shield protects just like medicine protects and heals you from sickness. We know that wings resemble leaves that are combined together. So these feathers could also be leaves of healing that Revelations 22:2 talks about. The Egyptians also symbolized truth as a feather. And the Egyptian god was Maat/Truth before he was anything else. We know that the New testament pointed out the diffirence between Satan and God. Satan was lies and God was truth. God wings are leaves/books, the same books are opened up after the book of life is opened up. The Christian religion and the Egyptian religion are one and the same. Now I conclude without a doubt in my mind that all of symbolic talk was just trying to say that the words of god is truth which can heal you.

Second Century writer Apuleius wrote The Golden ***. Apuleius was initiated into the mysteries of Isis twice and wrote about it in book 11 of his works. I’m particularly interested in a passage when he states: “Thereupon the old man (priest) took me by the hand and led me toward the spacious temple; and after he had duly performed the rituals of opening the doors and of making the morning-sacrifice, he produced from the secret recesses of the shrine certain books written in unknown characters was concealed, at times by the concentrated expression of hieroglyphically painted animals, at times by Wreathed (Twisted leaves) and twisted letters with tails that twirled like wheels or spiraled together like vinetendrils-so that it was altogether impossible for any peeping profane to comprehend. From these books the high priest interpreted to me the matters necessary for my mystic preparation”. This gives me to points to make. First the Egyptians wrote on leaves for religious reasons and second this may be the origin of speaking in Tongues or Leaves.

The Catholics in their introduction to Revelation states that the symbol for knowledge was (eyes). This is strange because eyes are connected to symbols of healing in Egypt. Eyes were symbol of RA, the Sun too. It was Plutarch writing the Obsolescence of Oracles remarking “Apollo/Horus and the sun as one and the same god; but those who understood and respected fair and wise analogy conjectured that as body is to soul, vision to intellect, and light to truth, so is the power of the sun to the nature of Appollo and they would make it appear that the sun is his offspring and progency, being for ever born (life) of him. For the sun kindles and promotes and helps to keep in activity (Alive) the power of vision”. The Sun was connected to knowledge and life. The healing parts comes in through the fictional story of the eye of Horus. The myth explains how Horus fought Set/Satan over the murder of Osiris. In that fight Horus eye was torn into fragments. But thanks to Thoth/Hermes and Isis his eye was restored. The complete eye had come to mean whole, unharmed and was used in hieroglyphic writing to represent wholesomeness and unity. And Just as a side note Herodotus equated “Horus is the Apollo” in book 2:144.

The eye symbol has gradually evolved into todays familiar sign for prescription, RX. So knowledge and healing are interchangeable and go hand and hand being derived from Egyptian religion. So when I see Ptah being associated with Fire/sun. I know that his heart/mind thought of creating the world through his tongue/words. The Bible also says the Tongue/words are healing Proverbs and that light was truth John 3:21, 2cor 4:6 which says the “light of the knowledge” . Now light also refers to health. “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light” Matthew 6:22 And here’s another quote from the book of the dead “Osiris, shooting rays of light from his eye” p.288 In Egypt The eye “Uta” signfies salvation . The Egyptians fed the eye with sacred oil. John also makes it very clear that the word was light also. John 1:1.So having a whole healthy body was through one eye of light/knowledge. This is no diffirent than the Egyptian religion stated Knowledge was a healing.

Notes:

I almost forgot to mention another side issue of the leaf from Revelations. The leaf was symbolic for healing of Nations. I’m finding a similar story in a box the tomb of TwtankhAmen/Jesus which contained several pieces of gold leaf, bearing his name. One of the gold leaves represents three foreigners from three diffirent races or nations of the ancient known world. This story runs on the same line as the three kings who come to see Jesus. Nothing is mentioned of healing on this gold leaf but King Tut was known as a redeemer and this leaf like Revelations leaf was associated with Nations.

Jacques De Molay youth or the Pythagoran youth, and the lodges,
but should be taught as required jjunior high school reading to all children of African Descent,
and the parables that they impart as well

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back