Brother AACOOLDRE : Was St. Luke an eye doctor that was blind himself?

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    QUESTIONS CONCERNING LUKEWARM FROM A STUDENT:

By Andre Austin

A friend and a student asked me two questions about the term “Lukewarm” the other day. I wanted to give him a quick answer with a follow up written statement. I would have been a good lawyer in an ancient Egyptian court. They didn’t accept speeches; you had to plea all your cases in writing so they could avoid being influenced by emotional theatrics.

The student asked:

A. Why did I pick “Lukewarm” to write about and if my book was entirely written on it?

B. How was Lukewarm related to the Stoics and the Egyptian religion?

My answer to the first one was easy. I was curious that a term “Lukewarm’ was only used once in the Bible and wanted to explore what it was. Secondly, lukewarm is just one of 4 chapters of my book. The other three have nothing to do with Lukewarm, but other topics about justice and other matters.

His second question requires a more degree of sophistication. I’ve already established that Luke is a play and pun on words for the Greek Leukomas, an eye problem of seeing white clouds. Luke in Greek is Loukas. This matched the theme of the Lukewarm Laodicea church/city that was famous for having a medical school for the blind. They were also charged with being spiritual blind. So Lukewarm must have had something to do with vision. Lukewarm was neither Hot or Cold and it was balanced in the middle so I took it as correct vision. Lukehot would have been an inflammation or a hot-Temper/passion. The Emperor Domitian was said to have wore a white wool wig and “His eyes were as a flame of fire” (Rev 1:14). Joe Atwill, (Caesar’s Messiah p.384), completes the other part of Domitian’s “Hammer toes” as feet burnt in an oven. I read the Stoic Pliny the Elder book on the subject of the eyes and it, in part, matched a similar structure of Rev’s chapter three. He states “Swelling of an eye denotes a swollen Temper”. Inflammation/swelling/dilation denotes a leukocytic redness, heat, or uncontrollable action feeling of anger which was the Emperor’s psychotic behavior. Leuk, means you see white clouds. The Oxford dictionary also associates Leuk with a form of Look and Leuke with Luke.

Staying on the lines of Temper/passion I noticed that Lukewarm isn’t swallowed but spit out. In the Egyptian Court of Maat your heart is a judgment of your deeds and if you don’t balance out a monster eats and swallows your heart up. Lukewarm isn’t Swallowed, likewise in the negative Confessions the Egyptian souls would say: “I have not eaten my heart (i.e. Lost my temper and become angry),” (Egyptian Ideas of the Afterlife By E.A. Wallis Budge p.131). So if lukewarm was a metaphor its spit could be related to Tefnut-Maat which is the spit of balance, also clouds, rain and dew. Tefnut was named also the “Heat of heaven” from which we use as slang for Law and order of police. Tefnut helps place the eyes of Ra in its correct place and order. Egyptian souls in court have a desire to see God (be healed/resurrected) after they declare they have been pure from sin.

With all of this information I wanted to come from a different angle. I now speculated that Luke was a mythological eye doctor because he’s called a physician, but we do not know what field of practice he’s in. I knew from reading Caesar’s Messiah that the Gospel of Luke and Acts used the works of Flavius Josephus. I learned from his own testimony that he studied under the Pharisees, Sadducees and Essenes. He states “so when I had accomplished my desires, I returned back to the city, being now nineteen years old, and began to conduct myself according to the rules of the sect of the Pharisees, which is of kin to the sect of the Stoics” (Life 2). So just with this we have links with Stoicism and the New Testament. The Stoic 4 virtues came from Plato who studied in Egyptian and are based on the Egyptian Ten according to George G.M. James’s Stolen Legacy. But I wanted to go deeper than this so I bumped into Philo Judaeus (1st century Hellenistic philosopher born 20BC-died 50AD. He sought to affect a synthesis between Greek philosophy and Jewish scripture. When F.H Colson wrote the preface to the Loeb Classical Library edition of Philo he stated: “Philo is constantly quoting or adapting Plato and Stoic writers”. In the introduction to Shakespeare’s Secret Messiah by Joe Atwill Philo’s name is brought up at least three times:

“At a philosophical and inspirational level, the sources of the Flavian Gospels may have included Philo, Seneca, Pythagoras, other stoics and cynics” (p.15)

According to Philo the stoic founder Zeno:

Zeno drew from the Jewish Law book

Zeno seems to have drawn this conniption, as from a fountain, from the Jewish law book, where we hear of two brothers, on self-controlled, and the other licentious, how their common father took pity for the one who had not attained to virtue and prayed that he should be a slave to his brother. He took slavery, which appears to be the worst of evils, to be a perfect good for the fool, for his loss of independent choice would prevent him from erring with impunity, and his character would be improved under the authority set above him “Philo of Alexandria: the contemplative Life translation By David Winston p.286).

What in common did the Pharisees have in common with the Stoics? The Pharisees represented the Sanhedrin, the Supreme Court and legislative body of the Jews. Pharisees were said to show a special zeal for the Law when it came to Tithes and ritual purity but omitted the weightier matters of Law, judgement, mercy, and faith. Jesus said they had blind guides and they were “Blind Pharisees” (Matthew 23:23-26).

According to Roget’s thesaurus to be unmerciful-Idiom without an ounce of Pity. James wasn’t a Pharisee but he had zeal for the Law. He taught that the law gave freedom through faith and works. James wanted us to look at the man in the mirror and not forget what we look like and Look intently into the law and not forget what you hear in the law (James 1:22-25). He also states to Judge with mercy (or to have pity) see James 2:12.

I’m stating all of this because in Rev 3: 14:22 all of these themes of Wretched & Pitiful (unhappy) and viewing people as Lukewarm (correct vision) were claimed to apply to the Stoics of being unhappy and having no passion/zeal. So if the Lukewarm church was being influenced by Stoic behavior we do have a match with them being charged with being “Blind”. They were focused on outward appearance and building tombs and sepulchers (Matthew 23:29). Laodicea was a Rich city and rebuilt their city after an earth equate. I once heard a Christian minister equate the Lukewarm church with being like the rich man who couldn’t pass through the eye of a needle (Luke 18:20-25). That would be a wrong comparison because the rich man’s declaration he did no sin wasn’t disputed by Jesus.

I found it interesting that Flavius Josephus equated the Pharisees with the Stoics. If you accept that the Stoic Pliny the Elder showed a structural link between his writings on the eyes and Rev Chapter 3 on the eyes then we have a Link with the Pharisees & Stoics being accused of having vision problems preoccupation with gold, enlarging the borders of their clothes (see the entire chapter of Matthew 23 and Rev chapter 3 for a comparision.

Flavius Josephus was a brilliant wordsmith who left us many clues and word puzzles to hunt down and decode many NT mysteries and secrets.

Notes:

What is the mystery of the fourth philosophic sect (Antiquities of the Jews book 18: chapter 1). Flavius Josephus already said the Pharisee is kin to the sect of the Stoics (Life 2). Josephus said this fourth sect “laid the foundation of our future miseries” (Book 18: Chapter 1). This is the same language used to describe the Lukewarm church as Wretched (miserable , misery, unhappy) in Rev 3:17 but probably not related here. Josephus describe the Pharisees “They live meanly, and despise delicacies in diet; and follow the conduct of reason…they think they ought earnestly to strive to observe reason’s dictates for practice”. Rev 3:19 takes the opposite view and tells Laodicea to “be earnest” in the NIV translation but in the KJV its to have “Zeal”. The Stoics too lived meanly and stray away from delicacies. Josephus goes on to state the Pharisees want to be temperamental to god’s will so that they can act virtuously ( Book 18: Chapter 1,3). Others try to see the 4th philosophy as the militant Zealots who fought against Roman occupation. If so their miseries would have been “The Calamities” of eating delicacies of human flesh during the war induced famine (War of the Jews book 6:201-219). Robert Eisenman and others think the 4th philosophy was the “Zealots” see (James the brother of Jesus and the dead sea scrolls Volume 1 p.V). The 4th sect probably was the Zealots

There are two Luke’s out there that were once confused.

1. Holy Luke from Constantinople who painted Mary with dark skin and Ethiopian facial features

2. The Other Luke wrote down what “eyewitnesses” saw. This Luke is associated with an eye condition of Leuk=seeing white Clouds.

One saw Black and the others saw White.

The word Stoic doesn’t appear in the Whinston’s translation index. I only saw it one time where I already cited it above. Of course my eyesight couldn’t have missed others.
    Andre Austin is the author of Lukewarm:The temperature of Justice