Black Poetry : Just a passin' thru...

PositiveMindset said:
If I have never told U before, I tell u now, I truly dig your mind.

If I have told U before, I'll tell U again, I completely love your mind.

Have I ever told U that I really enjoy the way your mind works?

One mo' 'gin?

Nah...I think U got it.

Nice piece.

Peace.
Brotha you always make me smile :) :blush: :)

Have I ever told you how happy I am that you are back.

If I havent told you before I will tell you again...I am ELATED that you are back :grouphug:

I am SO *gigglin* pleeeeeeeezed ya back :) lol

one mo gin' ? nah you got it too lol

The love you spread brotha is like your poetry cant get enuff of it :) :heart: :)

"WHEWWWWWWWWW This is gon be a long one ... :read:"
Yea, well I sorta expected that...And about to get even longer...

"Well sista, May I be frank with you...
After its all said and done...This was all a lil ridiculous."

I appreciate you being frank. And so shall I. I think it is ridiculous to repeatedly say to a poet, in one way or another, that they have improved. If it was only in one response, or even in two, surely I would not have sent you a PM regarding it. And perhaps if I had the time and inclination I would search for them all, but do I right at this moment? "Hail naw".

"Truly because you know what sister HONESTLY...I respect you AND your art."

That's nice. I respect you and your art as well.

"I would NEVER want to "hurt" your feelings."

The only reason that I would have in telling a poet more than a couple times that their work has improved, would be to insult them, pure and simple. And frankly, I just wouldn't do it. So, I wanted to know why you would. Since I am not...usually...a mind reader, I asked you.

" And I suppose the assumption that you took in thinking that I ever would hold such intent towards you was actually quite hurtful."

That has become crystal clear. Perhaps as hurt as I was to read the comments in the first place? If you say you were hurt, I will take you at your word. Do take me at my word, and don't tell me that what I felt was ridiculous.

"And sister come on now...after you PM'd me and then the reply asking if I was in discontent."

I was replying to your poem, not to our PM, but then, you knew that. You sounded like you were in discontent about something...

" Well have mercy sister I have not a clue what exactly you could mean accept for what had already been exchanged so I decided to let all things go spoken. After all the better for us to not confuse each other anymore right?"

I think you posted our PM(s) because you were hurt. Now, honestly I don't think I would have, but, hey, that's me.

"Sister...please dont take this out of context...In this home that we have found, here @ Destee.com. It always has been about the Love. Giving it, recieving it and sharing it, so why would you think that I would want to do otherwise with you."

Don't know...hence, the PM.

"Sister...you are a rising poet and I am just here to share in the love and try to give it. If me repeating that you are "growing" "range of stylez & skillz" and the such is rude..."

Growing range of styles and skills....that was the last way that you phrased it yes, and perhaps the gentlest way. Again, saying that a person's styles range is fine, saying that their skills range, in the many different ways you have come to word it....is less than complimentary.

"shoo sister we are famlee. You dont have to go to PM sister smh I wont take offense smh that makes it seem like its something extravagant when all it is - is you asking me to check myself on something."

And how else do you feel I should have presented it? Posted a poem called "My Improved Version of a PM, Dedicated to Triniti"? I am sure there are those who are wondering why in the world you posted a PM, and maybe also thinking that it wasn't right....

"You are my sister :) I dont mind that at all :) I do hope we can get past all of this sista...I want to be able to say when you have published your anniversary poetry book ;) that I knew sista watz and we were peoples :) Because sister...we are :) whaddya say :read: :) :grouphug: :)"

Triniti, sometimes folks can word things the wrong way, it happens. I see nothing wrong in asking about it. That was what the PM was all about.
Now as far as your latest poem, there was much discontent in that, whatever or whomever it was about sure sounds like they got you riled. Did I get that much right about it? If that is indeed what that poem was about, hopefully you told the offending party about themselves, straight out, not just in poetry, so that it won't possibly be misconstrued.
Hopefully we can go forward at this point triniti. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. And if I am the least bit unclear, do ask. I have gotten past much more in this life sista. This too shall pass. Peace to you.

THA HOOKUPMAN said:
to caught up to be caught up…
……

is the line of the century !!.....i feel u on this...poets in here need to stop reading crazy things into this...love thang that we all do ...i mean we cant say how we feel ......and we poets ?poetry is all about feelings....u show em how to wrie sista t ...u know that i know that u know we all know that your a poet's poet..like my boo sage and a couple of others in here ...love your work ...keep hitting them with the goodies :skillet: hookup

Hey brotha :) I know ya boo boo hehehe thas my sista Duhhh lolol

For me its like the babershop movie...if I cant be open and vent and share HERE amongst famlee

den gosh dern it...where??? :look: lol Oh and ummmm

we both already know ya "boo" is on a whole notha level :D poetically

I'm just the rowdy sista of the two LOL

lots of love my soon to be brotha in law LOL :D (no aint no one else tole me that but i see it in ya future yes i do shooooooo)
:grouphug:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back