Black Spirituality Religion : Interview: Mama Zogbe-The Sybils Ancient Prophetess of Mami Wata

Bro Clyde, I'm not interested in creating pockets of disagreement, nor will I allow the subject to be framed in a certain way. there is no mystery to internal conflict. I do not understand how it pertains to the modern day black man. Civilizations will rise and fall. That has been shown to be the case historically. Empires crumble as they lust for more and more control over more and more territory. This becomes too cumbersome and expensive, and the decline begins. Internal conflict is human nature. No mystery. I don't see this as Mama Zogbe's pursuit at all.

Yes and no awo dino,

The internal conflict is important to understand in order to prevent a repeat. However, it is as Mami indicated as mentioned by Blacklioness, the Black Woman will prevail in the end. What makes it significant from my view point is that we understand the internal conflict so that we, as Black Man, will prevail also. Besides, Blaklioness makes an excellent point when saying what's the use in not determing the fallout, if civilizations are going to rise and fall, anyway. (I hope I've paraphrase Blaklioness correctly, if not, I'm sure she will correct me:))

For me and I think Mami Zogbe and Blakloiness, its a mystery worth pursuing, rather than reclamation and revisiting ourselves into small pockets of disagreements, over and over.

I agree - I think the interviewer is more on a feminist (Western form) tip then truly wanting to get the truth out there in a way we can all hear and appreciate. She was dropping bomb Mama Zogbe but I feel and this is based on feeling that Mama Zogbe could feel it by the switching in her voice from time to time.

Peace

Ru2religious

I agree. She (mama zogbe) prefaced the interview by stating: the origins of 'feminism' is a western contruct and has no place in lives of black women.. but i gather it went over the interviewer's head. After the inteview mama zogbe also made a note on her facebook page to reiterate the her work and research is NOT about 'man bashing' or 'feminism', but i guess people see and hear what they want to see and hear:10500:,

sista Blacklioness, did you and Clyde watch the same video? She clearly explained all of this. The why is clear. Now, just because one has divine power or any other kind of power, one is still here on earth. Here on earth everyone is subject to the laws of nature, the struggle between opposing polarities, and history itself. If there is one law that can be derived from history (history as science), it is that all political economies eventually collapse and a new system arises. Why? Well there are countless theories and hundreds of books on that question. In this case, Mama Zogbe laid it all out. Listen to the interview again, this time listen for information on the why question.

Yes, I watched/heard the interview and intend to watch it again. Again, I will emphasize, you don't need to read countless books or even a mere one to simply understand that civilizations rise and they fall. If that is a GIVEN, then why have discussions and concerns about it?? I would presume since Mama took the time to write several volumes on our history and to take on that rare interview, she had a reason for doing that.....to learn a lesson that should not be repeated perhaps????

I agree - I think the interviewer is more on a feminist (Western form) tip then truly wanting to get the truth out there in a way we can all hear and appreciate. She was dropping bomb Mama Zogbe but I feel and this is based on feeling that Mama Zogbe could feel it by the switching in her voice from time to time.

Peace

Ru2religious

The interviewer may have had an agenda, but I didn't sense it was overly malicious. At any rate, there had to have been something about her spirit to allow Mama Zogbe to do something she rarely, if ever, does...right? Mama Zogbe got her message in....she wasn't swayed. She put out there what was needed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back