Black People Politics : If You Were Obama Would You Continue Campaigning?

If you were Obama would you keep campaigning for a job that could get you killed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Amid threats of death and attempts on your life. Would you continue knowing that the people who want you dead think you represent a people who don't think you represent them and are notorious for not supporting their own, not even the ones who do openly represent them.

Or would you make a quick exit and go somewhere to live the rest of your life in safe shame?

Can someone like Obama quit now? For his own safety would the government simply deport him? Is there such a thing as being out of harms way for a Black man living on the same planet with white folks?

river,

After reading the thread I’m of the sentiments expressed by lilpea and Bootzey. There is some validity to what info-moetry states. And at the same time, Obama is as African. This becomes a paradox for many, but not as big of an illusion as the so-called voting procedure.

We tend to forget that electoral colleges determine the Presidency, and not the popular vote; yet, no one ever mentions this glaring fact, not even the Obama haters. How quick we forget the Gore and Bush election.

It's cool. I think its interesting that folks claim a lack of unity in the Black community, then when people find a common cause to rally around, folks wanna shot it down.

Who is putting bad energy out there? You are! And folks who would sway others with opinions they can't prove. I dare you to PROVE that Obama and Biden are part of some conspiracy. I'll wait. And voting may have its problems and setbacks (name something perfect) but can you suggest another way to legally and effectively make your opinion known? I'll wait on an answer for that too.

Who would would you rather see Black folks rallying behind?

PEACE

I sure HOPE that you early voted and are encouraging others to do the same. I spent most of Halloween with my aunt out in Norwalk waiting for hours to get it done. While in line, a news caster from ABC Eyewitness News interviewed my aunt and a 24 year-old sister behind us who was a first time voter. As I was waiting I struck up a conversation with some folks in "the back of the tent". lol! The sister sitting next to my is the sister of Brenda Teele-Jackson, one of my favorite newscasters in Dallas.

There are a lot of folks who will say that those voting for Obama are lost sheep who don't know what's up and what time it is. Dont ignore those people. Continue to challenge them openly. Sometimes your presence alone makes a difference. I didnt say a word to those interviewers but the newscast picked me up coming off the bus from the Los Angeles Sentinel, along with my aunt and other early voters. Black folks I talk to, for the most part, know that Obama will not change everything that goes on in Washington, but they are praying for him and coming out in numbers that are unprecedented in American history, and I personally belive that HIS MOJO IS WORKING where others have become impotent. Not only physically, but spiritually as well.

I already voted. Now I can work more on gettin out others and mobilizing. And prepare for the next move. Peace.

river,

After reading the thread I’m of the sentiments expressed by lilpea and Bootzey. There is some validity to what info-moetry states. And at the same time, Obama is as African. This becomes a paradox for many, but not as big of an illusion as the so-called voting procedure.

We tend to forget that electoral colleges determine the Presidency, and not the popular vote; yet, no one ever mentions this glaring fact, not even the Obama haters. How quick we forget the Gore and Bush election.

Brother Clyde. In all respect I have two questions for you. 1) Have you early voted? 2) Are you organizing other Black folks to early vote?

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Brother Clyde. In all respect I have two questions for you. 1) Have you early voted? 2) Are you organizing other Black folks to early vote?

Brother omowaleajabali,

And this is with all due respect my Brother, and my Friend, no longer do I engage without knowing why. So, my deepest concern, in this case, would be to know why you are asking me these questions.

The only way for me to find out is to ask, and hope that you respect my right to know before I answer. To dialogue back and forth has never motivated me nor does it now.

It's cool. I think its interesting that folks claim a lack of unity in the Black community, then when people find a common cause to rally around, folks wanna shot it down.

Who is putting bad energy out there? You are! And folks who would sway others with opinions they can't prove. I dare you to PROVE that Obama and Biden are part of some conspiracy. I'll wait. And voting may have its problems and setbacks (name something perfect) but can you suggest another way to legally and effectively make your opinion known? I'll wait on an answer for that too.

Who would would you rather see Black folks rallying behind?

PEACE

Power

I'd rather see "originals" not rallying behind anyone but themselves as they/we return to ourselves.......

"if someone has to GIVE you the RIGHT to vote then you don't really have it"

to put your faith, vote etc. in an outside force means you don't trust yourself.....or you have no clue as to who you are!!

once again, you can blame me it's cool....

I dare you to PROVE that Obama and Biden are part of some conspiracy.
- i did that in my first post to you...do you think their names are just coincidental??

who am i trying to sway bootzey? I am just speaking my mind! is that not allowed anymore? I see it trying to be shut down in other threads, but in regards to Obama or voting I would figure most of us would welcome outside thought to keep the playing field "LEVEL"........

or are we so far gone that our emotions are getting the better of us.......Our emotions are what the enemy uses against us all the time and it has you right now blaming me for informing you of what you don't seem to know & don't want to know!!

I'll be back soon, time to go wash my clothes

anybody got any "change"?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back