Black People Politics : If You Were Obama Would You Continue Campaigning?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by river, Oct 27, 2008.

?

If you were Obama would you keep campaigning for a job that could get you killed?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Amid threats of death and attempts on your life. Would you continue knowing that the people who want you dead think you represent a people who don't think you represent them and are notorious for not supporting their own, not even the ones who do openly represent them.

Or would you make a quick exit and go somewhere to live the rest of your life in safe shame?

Can someone like Obama quit now? For his own safety would the government simply deport him? Is there such a thing as being out of harms way for a Black man living on the same planet with white folks?

2. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    First of all I have one Question to ask you before I give my answer: have you ever been the first black to do something..to open doors that have never been open for our people before? Well I have..after working my butt off doing jobs that whites didn't want to do. I worked my way up to where those same whites were working for me. Taking orders from me. Yes I received threats. My tires were cut. Lug nuts loosen so the whole tire world come off while i was driving. Phone calls in the middle of the night.

There were times I wanted to quite....to give up..to walk away and say the hell with it... But when I got home and looked into my kids eyes. I just couldn't do it. For you see it meant more to me then it just being a job.

Again I say... it meant more to me then it just being a job...it was a door that had been closed to our people up until that time. And I wasn't about to let it close before one of our people had a shot at it. Now I know that you may think this is such a small thing. Nowhere like trying to become the first Black President. But death is death. Someone somewhere did the same for you. They looked into your eyes and said to themselves if I don't do it.. who will? How can I sleep at night knowing i let that door close before you had your chance to walk through it....Despite what others may think ..I want to believe that Obama is thinking the same thing when he looks into his daughters eyes. Someone has to do it. Why not me?

Lilpea :1on1:

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey brotha Bigpea!

No I have never been the first Black to do anything. I greatly admire your strength and perseverence. There's no such thing as a little thing if they find it to be that much of a threat then every little door leads to the door Obama is opening. Like it's really just one door with lots of little windows we each have to go through the window where our heart is and you know you got to do it like you said.

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    YES

they're going to kill you one way or another

he knew he was a marked man when he decided to run

i hope he knows Amerikkkan history

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace & power

Good ? sister River, but IMHO he didn't run because he wanted too.....he ran & is still running because it is working. Directly for his masters, but indirectly for him as they use him as a smoke screen while they rape, rob & pillage!!

I see so called black folk running around praising him & I don't know how many times people are going to send me that e mail of him in the middle of a large black crowd of prominent brothers and sisters reaching over each other just to touch him as if Jesus had returned and they just want to feel his garment to be healed.

the brainwashing is and has been complete for some time....even after witnessing the last 2 selections our people still "believe" in the voting process!!

Osama
    Obama

self explanitory

Bin Laden
    Biden

first 2 & last 3

(they are playing with you/us)

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

YES!!!!!!!!:picture::bomb:

It aint over till the last vote is counted!

7. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866

Ok That's just disturbing. Can we wait until after he gets elected and inagurated before the bad energy gets sent out? We already know that the devil is doing their best against him. Can we just support this man who is qualified to look them in the eye and demand his turn... OUR turn?

You are entitled to your opinion and I would never seek to deny that, but dang...

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    it's almost

surreal ain't it

Obama B./Biden

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

if i am entitled to my opinion, then i shall continue to excercise it ad speak from my FREE mind......if you don't like it then just pay me no mind!

who is putting out "bad" energy?

Is it me, or the one's playing us like fools?

Or is just easier to attack me and my "opinion" because you have no clue as to who "they" are????

10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866

It's cool. I think its interesting that folks claim a lack of unity in the Black community, then when people find a common cause to rally around, folks wanna shot it down.

Who is putting bad energy out there? You are! And folks who would sway others with opinions they can't prove. I dare you to PROVE that Obama and Biden are part of some conspiracy. I'll wait. And voting may have its problems and setbacks (name something perfect) but can you suggest another way to legally and effectively make your opinion known? I'll wait on an answer for that too.

Who would would you rather see Black folks rallying behind?

PEACE