Black Men : Hello / My Identity as a Young Black Man

Im thinking about going into the military. That way I can receive so many benefits: Once I was or or if I passed Boot camp, tests, schools, additional education. I would go in as a Officer automatically surpassing all enlisted pay and ranks and would have a definate great paying salary where I can begin to support/start my family and secure my future.

Plus all the benefits of:
New Military Advantage Benefits Blog
Burial and Memorial
Death Pension
Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
Disability Compensation
Employment & Training
Frequently Asked Questions
GI Bill Education Programs
Homeless Veterans Programs
Parents DIC
Priority Group 8 Enrollment Calculator
Special Monthly Compensation
Specially Adapted Housing Program
State Veteran Benefits Directory
Survivor Benefits
Appeals
Benefits Explained
Hospitals and Facilities
Veteran Disability Compensation
Health Care
Life Insurance
Pension Programs

But like many people have told me "The military is NO PLACE for a (black man)"
Well... the work world seems not to be any better... so...

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Im thinking about going into the military. That way I can receive so many benefits: Once I was or or if I passed Boot camp, tests, schools, additional education. I would go in as a Officer automatically surpassing all enlisted pay and ranks and would have a definate great paying salary where I can begin to support/start my family and secure my future.

Plus all the benefits of:
New Military Advantage Benefits Blog
Burial and Memorial
Death Pension
Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
Disability Compensation
Employment & Training
Frequently Asked Questions
GI Bill Education Programs
Homeless Veterans Programs
Parents DIC
Priority Group 8 Enrollment Calculator
Special Monthly Compensation
Specially Adapted Housing Program
State Veteran Benefits Directory
Survivor Benefits
Appeals
Benefits Explained
Hospitals and Facilities
Veteran Disability Compensation
Health Care
Life Insurance
Pension Programs

But like many people have told me "The military is NO PLACE for a (black man)"
Well... the work world seems not to be any better... so...

.......Certainly one option.

none of this is my fault is it?

I type fast and I tend to mispell or have other additional typos. I think as I type and If I try to be too careful, I tend not to type what I am really thinking

if you want to relate on line you need to learn how to communicate.

.......Thanks for clearing the job situation up ZYDECO, I thought I understood you to mean you were jobless; and your angry is warranted.

Look, listen...its too late now, but you were confronted with classic on the job discrimination and racism. It was a mistake to quit, let them fire you and then precede to file discrimination under the purview of EEOC. Let this be a lesson for now but always document on the job stresses, even with a tape recorder in that kind of environment...Peace In my friend.

Yes I understand, but at the same time, I did not want to give them the oppurtunity to have them terminate me and go through a whole total situation that I did not have enough and valuable evidence on. I do want to use this on my resume and mention this in possible job interviews. ANd I wanted to leave with my dignity. This was one of those "redneck" environment jobs and I wasnt comfortable there anyway. They did not want me there and they done everything to drive me away. Sure enough I did not want them to do that, But in the end I thought it out and if you gave me 2 weeks to improve when the whole body is against me, there is no difference or major improvement within a 2 week time span. So thats why I decided to leave. But the whole thing is just a total nightmare. I suffered on the job discrimination on my previous job at Enterprise Rent A Car, Heck I worked with people everyday, and thats the hardest/ worst job to have. But I stayed there and worked my way up to Asst. Manager (Interim) as a minority and I stayed there for 2 years. So im not really a quitter. Just had waay to many odds against me and not enough help and evidence to pursue action.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Yes I understand, but at the same time, I did not want to give them the oppurtunity to have them terminate me and go through a whole total situation that I did not have enough and valuable evidence on. I do want to use this on my resume and mention this in possible job interviews. ANd I wanted to leave with my dignity. This was one of those "redneck" environment jobs and I wasnt comfortable there anyway. They did not want me there and they done everything to drive me away. Sure enough I did not want them to do that, But in the end I thought it out and if you gave me 2 weeks to improve when the whole body is against me, there is no difference or major improvement within a 2 week time span. So thats why I decided to leave. But the whole thing is just a total nightmare. I suffered on the job discrimination on my previous job at Enterprise Rent A Car, Heck I worked with people everyday, and thats the hardest/ worst job to have. But I stayed there and worked my way up to Asst. Manager (Interim) as a minority and I stayed there for 2 years. So im not really a quitter. Just had waay to many odds against me and not enough help and evidence to pursue action.

.....Very understandable ZYDECO, now that you've thoroughly explained your situation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back