Black Men : Hello / My Identity as a Young Black Man

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by ZYDECO, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ZYDECO

ZYDECO Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello, I am 24 years old and I just thought to share this with you all to see if I can get some feedback to help me.

Recently, I have been angry and struggling with the world wondering why the world hates me so much as a "black male"? I mean I have been a productive U.S. citizen by abiding rules, not having any felons, never been arrested. Its like when I reached the age of a man, I realized what the world is and how they view us as a people an especially as a black man and it hurts bad. I have a Master's Degree and I have had a full time job within the past 4 months. But for some reason I look at the world and it seems to treat me very unfairly? Am I a monster? AM I made to be hated? Am I a alien? WHy does the world hate me so much? Why cant I get a fair chance like everyone else?

Has anyone had these similar feelings?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hi ZYDECO, and Welcome!:wave:

I'm not a Black man but as Black people we all have felt this. Some people in this world seem to need someone they can stomp on to lift themselves up. As difficult as it may be, you must be the one to determine your own self-worth. There are people who are secretly hurting and are in some type of mental pain. They can not give a genuine assessment of your worth. Yes, it's unfair, but as long as you know who you are as a person, you keep striving to be the best that you can. Never leave your power in the hands of someone else. Your power comes from within.

:heart:

3. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    Assuming you're not a troll....i'll delve into this and speak on it....

The reason you see this and feel this way,is because thats the reality of the situation to date.....the white race and other races for that matter simply fear the power and creativity of the black man,and always have been envious,jealous and fearful all in one, due to what we have accomplished on this earth when we were not oppressed,suppressed, and constantly attacked.....

This is why when you are younger, and have the so called "baby" face,without any facial hair or what have you, and you are seemingll "baby" in your "growth" and intelligence, they treat you differently and feel less envious,less jealous, and less afraid......because they know they can control a unaware,young and naive mind and heart....(which is why they prefer "sisters" around them in their colleges,jobs,corporations, and public settings, because they know they can control them more due to their naivety/feminine quality)before you grow into the "god" you are......Then as you have got older, you begin to see the true "colors" of them, you begin to see the attacks whether it be subtle or open, from all walks of life, and in any setting....i've experienced this, and thought the same way, and came to this exact observation.

Next time you go out, just run a small test.... I want you to bring a black woman with you and a young underaged black man, whether it be a family member or friend, and then have them go into a store or just observe as you're walking about, and watch how the two together are treated in mannerisms,speech,and the facial expressions as they go around them....you will see a more relaxed and less intense showing from whites and others...

Then you go and do the same thing, and you'll see a completely and shocking way of acting and mannerisms coming from them of hesitation,uneasiness,fear,and envy mixed in with their feelings or one or the other,and you'll see the whole atmosphere change and this will show you exactly what i mean.....

The black man is attacked,envied,and feared unless he dispalys,acts,or thinks in a feminine aspect, one in which does not challenge the masculinity ego trip/image dominance that the white male has falsely set up for himself in the minds of everybody, to the point that if you act masculine or as a man, it makes them afraid,envious, and in shock, like a slavemaster would be or do, when he didn't think his slave would revolt on him......

This is why you have a lot of homosexuals as well, because homosexuality is applauded and covertly pushed by black feminists alongside white people to black boys and men in order to keep you in control, and in an inferior position in mind,body and soul......this is why you only see mainly feminine talking,mannered,and acting/homosexualized black men in more leadership type roles in many societal settings in this artificial wicked white society, and why you will find black women with more leadership type spots with homosexualized,and feminized black men accepted by them and the white organization/corporation,because you pose no threat to the white supremacist structure which relies upon pseudo false white male ego-maniac dominance over black men, which is why they push interracial mixing as well, because they know they have that image of superiority and control over black women's minds since slavery,so they propagandize black male crime stats,images, ect..., and propagandize themselves as somehow the exact opposite...so they feminize you, then criminalize black men in the black man's mind which makes brothers think in an inferior type of way, and they feminize and criminalize you in the minds of black women, in order to get them feeling afraid of you and at the same time superior to you,basically making the black feminist minded black woman a white man in the mind and actions......and then it trickles down and around and creates more of the same within our community......stay up bro!

MA'AT

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......For clarity ZYDECO, did you mean to say this: "I have had a full time job within the past 4 months" or did you mean to say: you have not?

5. acitizen

acitizen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44
    hello...

you have a masters degree AND a job??? consider yourself fortunate and CALM DOWN.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    is english your first language?

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Hello Zydeco, and I do not say this to get messy or tobe acusational or insulting

but for anyone of African descent any where in the world to get a Masters degree,and not be aware of the

prevalent hate and institutional racism of Black folks

globaly, one would more then likey take an educated guess that they are either

not black themselves, or using this website for corporate gov or market research purposes:qqb004:

rather then asking an honest question.

The most wealthiets Black folks in this nation , as well as their children, raised in eilte Jack and Jill, protected environments

can tell stories of how they have felt hate and still feel it from

the system, and from alot of white folks:qqb001:

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Greetings and welcome.

I will only deal with the one question above as I must get to work.

YES you are. This will help answer your other questions because what you are experiencing is cultural alienation.

But I'm sure the "street scholarship" may not be sufficient so I suggest reading Frantz Fanon's book The Wretched of the Earth.

I dont want to be presumptuous but accepting you posess a Master's degree it seems as if you would experience cultural ALIENATION primarily within your own BLACK community and kinship group due to your level of educational attainment.

Peace

9. ZYDECO

ZYDECO Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Well I recently left a Fulltime job that I had with Cross Tex energy Natural gas. My father and my father's coworkers are the only black males that work at that facility, really they are the only "minorities" period. And I was contracting for 6 months before I got hired under the full company name. I was the only black working there besides my father and the guy who had been there over 30 years. Im 24 and I graduated from Grambling State with a B.S. in business and U of Phoenix with a M.S. in Business Management. But things went totally wrong, the workers begin to lie on me, they always had negative things to say even when I done everything right. Sure enough I made mistakes, but it was one of those jobs where I had 0 experience going into a field with people who had 20 10 an 1 yr experience. They treated me so bad. They lied on me, grouped up as a team and had all negative things to say. When I was always on time, always a team player, and did what I had to do. Well the big boss ended up giving me 2 weeks to so called "get my act together" because the majority of my coworkers at the time determined if Id get hired or not. I got so angry an frustrated an quit. And ever since then Ive been so angry and confused with the world, creation, the creation of me and why have my people and me deserved this. I have not sinned any worse than the next man, But for the most part I step back and realize not to question life and "not to step on any toes" GOD. I left my fulltime job/career at Enterprise Rent A Car where I was part of the management team for this job because it paid more money even as a contract job for 6 months, for my father and this other black man believing in me. Now im jobless and I feel I made the wrong decision. I have student loans and a apartment with bills. Thank GOD my parents are helping. But this is a very bad time for me.

10. ZYDECO

ZYDECO Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes English is my first language, But I type fast and I tend to mispell or have other additional typos. I think as I type and If I try to be too careful, I tend not to type what I am really thinking. Judging by your sentence structure by beggening a sentence without capitalization, your English cant be any better than mine. If you dont have anything relative or positive to say, or post. I suggest and ask that you dont post. I dont have time for ignorance, nor did I come to this site or asked you for it.

Thanks. Were suppose to be bros an sisters in the movement, you just totally proved a point to me an everyone else around you that your not true to your beliefs.

I hate ignorance, I promise I do. ESPECIALLY from our own people.