Black People : Have Black People Been Free in America, Longer Than We Were Enslaved in America?

The United States of America was never truly "founded" as much as it was declared independent from the Kingdom of Great Britain on July 4, 1776.
About 600000 slaves were imported into the U.S., or 5% of the 12 ... to have a new start, passed a law to prohibit slavery, which was then ... or limited the African slave trade by 1786; Georgia did so in 1798
was finally legally abolished was: July 1, 1928.

So it seems we have been free ever since we were "granted priviledge to start anew" by setting up camp here in america which is the systematic culture of blacks being at the bottom. Almost like now. Kinda confusing.
Ok we can say well if your mind is free "great". But if your mind is overwhelmed with another culture teaching you about yours in their way. Well u may b legally free but what does that mean here in amerikkka? Confused State of Mind!

Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm no historian or mathematician, so i thot i'd just ask this question.

Have we been free in america longer than we were enslaved?

I'm wondering because of this thread ... "The New Normal" ... if the amount of time a thing has been going on, is a primary consideration for determining normalcy ... enslaved behavior would be the norm.

If what i'm thinking is true, having babies out of wedlock, would in fact be the norm.

So those of you who know dates, times, and can add better than me ... which has spanned the greatest amount of time ... freedom or enslavement ... for Black People in america?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Technical analysis: The first "indentured" servant among them 7 were black arrived in Jamestown VA 1619 (the first colony but the actual first one in Roanoake, VA was massacred or "disappeared")
America didnt gain independence until 1776, thats 89 years under American gvt approved slavery. Anyway blacks had been legal slaves between 1619-1865 thats 246 years. Another 100 years of Jim crow until 1965 and another 47 years of poverty, inequality and institutionalized racism and imprisonment leads us to the present thats about 393 years of slavery legal and illegally. But to answer ur question blacks have been slaves longer than they've been free in America.

I'm wondering because of this thread ... "The New Normal" ... if the amount of time a thing has been going on, is a primary consideration for determining normalcy ... enslaved behavior would be the norm.

If what i'm thinking is true, having babies out of wedlock, would in fact be the norm.

So those of you who know dates, times, and can add better than me ... which has spanned the greatest amount of time ... freedom or enslavement ... for Black People in america?

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Wait a minute... we's free? Since when?

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Slavery recognized by law in 1660 = 304 years.
Today of 2012 - Civil Rights Act of 1964 = 48 years.

Not by a long shot.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back