Black People : Have Black People Been Free in America, Longer Than We Were Enslaved in America?

Have we been free in america longer than we were enslaved?
We will never be free until the last black/african person no longer carries the slave masters surname (johnson, jackson, anderson, williams, jones, edwards, smith, davis, thomas, adams, campbell, stewart, henderson, washington, kennedy, bradley, armstrong, stanley, fitzgerald, pittman, singleton, dickerson and so on).

Then moving towards true freedom would mean independence from this eurocentric debt economic system.

But if one means "free" by which mall you go to and what you can buy online, then shssh we gots it made right?

Hi Well, to me free means, to think freely, express respectfully to learn without boundaries, a name is just a way to communicate and identify , if it weren't for a name everyone will be called "hey you" To be free having the freedom to change your name if thats what you chose to do. Free is just a word, that express to me what we were denied to have freely. We were kidnap and brought to this country as property. And millions of our ancestor die for US to regain our statue and to continue to raise up and build this will honor them. Some people get it some don't. I just feel we can't let the past weigh us down, but learn from it you can't un ring a bell. So I try to stay on the path that was clear for me freely
Peace and Love

a name is just a way to communicate and identify ,
I think a name is more than just a way to communicate and identify. Because calling ourselves these names what do we "identify" with?

I just feel we can't let the past weigh us down, but learn from it you can't un ring a bell.
I don't think we're "letting" the past weigh us down.

Free is just a word, that express to me what we were denied to have freely. We were kidnap and brought to this country as property.
We are still property as all amerikkkans are under the amerikkkan corporation. Don't believe me? Tell me what the number on the back of your social security card represents?

Hi Well, to me free means, to think freely, express respectfully to learn without boundaries,
That's beautiful. Freedom has another meaning for others. Not everyone can appreciate your sense of freedom is all I'm saying.

peace

I guess the meaning of a name all changed for me in my early teens when my mother used to make me and my siblings watch 'roots' for the whole week. Ya'll remember when it used to come on once a year for 5 days straight? Well, I HAD TO WATCH IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! My mother was a devout christian, but it seemed like she was always teaching me lessons to keep my mind as free as possible. Anyway, during roots there is a scene when, i think it was kunta's father who took him as a newborn into the woods and raised him up to the sun/heavens and gave him his name and explained that you define your name and not the other way around. This totally blew me and my brothers mind to the point the point that when we had our suns, we all did the same. When my son was born, they called and said: 'did you do it?' and my response was YES and i told them his name which means Most High exhaulted Ruler Master and or King! And he has grown into that name being an honor student and excepted to an all black college to attend their pre-college courses summer program. He's doing so good in school (yes, i'm bragging...lol) that his teachers and guidance counsler let him out early so he could attend because it's in the south and they start school much sooner than we do in the north. So he will take his Regent's and other exams when he get's back.

Even around the way, half the people i know don't go by their government names, they go by the righteous names that they have earned over the years that others have given them that they felt best describes them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back