Black People : FARRAKHAN Hands Over The Reins...?

uplift19 said:
Well, currently the Executive Council seems to be holding things down. I think ultimately one person cannot be a "successor" just as Min. Farrakhan does not see himself as the "successor" of Elijah Muhammad.

Exactly, which is why Minister Farrakhan described hiself as the "Spokesman" for The Honorable Elijah Muhammad.

I will take a beating for this but the time for "messianic" leadership is past as Minister Farrakhan signifies an "end to that time" where messianic leadership has been somewhat effective in Raising up the "Black nation".

Folks need to look towards a collective leadership instead of one person to bring us liberation.

Cedric Denson said:
...Who are you telling...

My 'inner-being' always gives me a Strange feeling when I utter spending the rest of my life in this KKKountry. As a matter of fact, I am moreso looking to own property out of this "place" than within.

KD

I hear you Brother KD and have slowed down on further property investment inside the US.

Still looking as far south as I can go...(Seychelles, in particular) or Cabo Verde..(just waiting for my retirement check!)

oldiesman said:
i guess this means that there won't be anymore millon dollar[opps]million man marches anytime soon.

oldiesman said:
of course there will be another[PROPHET]as long as there is[PROFIT]to be made.

Million dollar marches? Profit? This is almost not worth the response, but for the record, the million man march did not make a profit (the definition being income greater than expenses), nor was it organized for that purpose:

http://www.millionsmoremovement.com/mmm1995_audit.htm

I understand some of us are cynical, but the bottom line is the million man march is the first and only march/demonstration of this magnitude to even make financial information available to the public. Further, to think that we can do anything for "free" is ridiculous as it takes resources to put on any event. The beautiful thing about the Million Man March is that many brothers did go back home and become responsible for their children and communities.

The real key is what WE do AFTER we are called to action. Some of us are already active in our communities and consider ourselves making a difference on our own levels, but much greater work can be done in unity. The problem is unity is not as easy to forge as calling people together...at some point the individuals in the community bear the responsibility for fulfilling the vision of any leader or any movement. It is only when WE stand up and love each other to the same degree that we put trust/faith in those who lead the masses of the people that we will have real, lasting change. Unfortunately, our own self-hatred (collective and inidivual) prevents us from making the progress we need to make for our people.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back