Black People : Lets forgive Dylan Roof, but block Farrakhan from our church

zimmerman is still walking around untouched.......

Did you know he eggs folk on to attack him, so he can use that stand your ground law? Whites still provide for him also but putting him on shows..

Peace!

I was specifically speaking to all forms of speech that may incite violence. Because it seems that is what these preachers are concerned about, and that fine. But the problem I have is that we are so quick to shun our own out of fear of what they may say. While whites embrace their own no matter what they say. Every white politician that has said something crazy has had whites support them, and speak out on their behalf. They didn't and don't care what we feel or think, but we seem to care about how they feel, and what they think.

You don't have to like everything a person says or does to show unity.

Peace!

Understood, but pastor Moore only asked Louis to stipulate against incendiary remarks, and Farrakhan refused. If Louis only wanted to pay homage to the Emanuel 9, as he said, and promote the March, Jamal could have accompanied him with that. In view of what we know about this self generated, loose lip fiasco, I thought it was only reasonable of Moore ...

"... one church was willing to let me come, but said, ‘You got to sign a paper that you not going to say nothing controversial.'”

According to The Final Call, it was Bishop Brian D. Moore of Life Central Cathedral who demanded these requirements because “He did not want to have to explain any so-called inflammatory statements after Min. Farrakhan left the city.” In response to Black pastors such as Bishop Moore, Farrakhan stated, “A scared to death preacher can’t boast in Christ."

Yes, I remember reading "The Greatest" when I was a pre-teen. We had many had many heroes and sheroes that were outspoken and fearless to lead the way for us back then. What happened? Many of them were killed or silenced.

Now, in South Carolina, in particular they had a church shooting very recently. So, I am understanding their fear. At the same time, AAs in South Carolina have been some of the bravest and most consistent warriors we have in the nation, imo. Let's not write them off just yet.

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

And that is my point Elder, why are they so afraid of yt, that they want Farrakhan to sign this, and sign that. Do I agree with everything he says, no. But in the end, he's black, and he has done more for us than yt has. The Nation ain't out there killing us in cold blood. The Nation is not the ones that is letting these killer cops go free. Like in those clips I posted, yt knows some of us will buckle under fear.

Peace!

The other thing that might be working here is that Farrakhan could very well convert some of those Christians to Islam..

Hmmmm.....

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Understood, but pastor Moore only asked Louis to stipulate against incendiary remarks, and Farrakhan refused. If Louis only wanted to pay homage to the Emanuel 9, as he said, and promote the March, Jamal could have accompanied him with that. In view of what we know about this self generated, loose lip fiasco, I thought it was only reasonable of Moore ...

"... one church was willing to let me come, but said, ‘You got to sign a paper that you not going to say nothing controversial.'”

According to The Final Call, it was Bishop Brian D. Moore of Life Central Cathedral who demanded these requirements because “He did not want to have to explain any so-called inflammatory statements after Min. Farrakhan left the city.” In response to Black pastors such as Bishop Moore, Farrakhan stated, “A scared to death preacher can’t boast in Christ."

Yeah, I guess in come down to getting along. I agree, I don't condone that kind of speech. But in the end, If I'm about unity, and looking at the situation, I wouldn't shut him down or out for the reasons I gave. Because at the heart, it is still caring about what whites may feel or think. I would like to hear what these pastors have to say. If it's about forgiving, and trying to continue to work with city officials then IMO, they can save that. How many decades have we been hearing that, and doing that? All the while it's open season on us in full effect. To be honest, if we are going to shun him, we also have to shun all the past leaders that spoke to truth and didn't mince words.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back