Black People : Destee family....Look at these shoes with shackles

Unlike the statement about slavery "Mr. T" made back in the 80s with the thick gold rope chains he wore, these shoes represent (for me) the "slavery" our youth are in thinking that b-ball or football (or rapping) are the only means by which to escape their environments.

I repeat...For this reason, I think these shoes are an excellent opportunity for dialogue with our youth about their futures and their plans, hopes, and goals in life.

ShackledAdidas.jpg

Your thoughts please!!!!

I think they're about to change their slogan too:

A-ll
D-ay
I
D-ream
A-bout
S-laves

Adidas has been under recent fire for their new ‘handcuffs’ shoe design. Features on the shoe resembled slave shackles to some critics.

Adidas responded to the uproar and released a statement to MSNBC, saying, “The design of the JS Roundhouse Mid is nothing more than the designer Jeremy Scott’s outrageous and unique take on fashion and has nothing to do with slavery.”

bot

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back