Black People : Peace and Blessings Destee Family & Community!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Jun 10, 2009.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    For those of you who have been around long enough, I need no introduction. However, for those of you new to the Family, my name is Kwabena. Kwabena in the Twi-Akan (West Afrikan) language means "an Afrikan boy born on a Tuesday." I replaced my Western name with this name as a small act of getting away from my Western self, and discovering my true Afrikan self.

Today marks my 5th year here with the Destee Family. It is very significant for many reasons, some of which I will discuss in this thread. The purpose of the thread is to thank all of you who have been here over the course of my time here. I joined Destee five years ago as a teenager who was highly enthusiastic and begging for higher knowledge. Since that time, I have gotten just that and then some. There were members here from the 'jump' who became guides to me and looked out for me, despite the fact that we are online, and I strongly thank them for that. Never in my young life have I stepped outside my doors to see anything similar, and to know that I have found it here is quite commendable.

All of that to say this-

I have truly never been somewhere where I truly feel at home. I always knew I would grow to be an impressive person even as I say so myself, but I do not know how what would have happened outside of my contact with the Destee Family. Being here this long has meant alot to me, especially considering the fact that anyone who knows me knows I can not keep a commitment - this has been a 5-year commitment! You'd have to be very fortunate for someone like myself to stick around, and Destee is the only one to do just that! As much as a 'visionary' as I may be, I never seen myself with the Destee Family for this long! It is very remarkable.

The life I live right now has been highly influenced by my contact with the Destee Family and the members of it. I learned things such as it is okay to think outside the box, and most definitely, never be ashamed to know who and what you are. I started my own Newsletter (which is still a work in progress) based on alot of what I learned here as a member of the Destee Community; I have become a bigger inspiration on the lives of others based on what I have learned from being here, of course i've inspired myself while here with the Fam; it has been so rewarding for me in my life. I can not even explain it the way I want to. Now I am able to pass that on to others with just as much alacrity. Like some people here, I too faced alot of negativity when it came to embracing myself as a Black-Afrikan in the world we live in. I actually have people who will not and do not talk to me anymore because of my pursuit toward Afrikan Consciousness. On that note, being here has taught and showed me the true value of "out with the old, in with the new" when it comes to my social life. I loss some people who I really considered to be some of the most brilliant minds i've ever met, and inherited a Family I admire just as much. That is something I will never know how to appreciate.

Enough with that because I sound as though I am typing a good-bye message...lol...

I just wanted to thank all of you for the love and support you have shown me over the course of my time here thus far. I really do not know how I can show how thankful I am outside of typing up this thread. I will be here until my transition, doing what I intended to do (and then some) since I walked through the Destee.com doors.

Thank you again Destee Family, and to recognize my appreciation I will alternate my signature to say Embracing the Destee Family & Community for 5 Years! (and counting...)

Thanks again and Peace Fam!

Ase'

KWABENA

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Happy 5th anniversary!

Your words here are a testimony of your personal path which will only grow deeper and richer.

4. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    Peace Dear One:
    As I read your posted I could not help but smile. I have been fortunate enough to witness some your "transformation". You are and always will be in my book a very AWESOME and IMPRESSIVE BLACK MAN in my book. One of the first to welcome me here with open arms and you have been a complete joy every since. I have told you before and I will say it again I am very proud of you and very honored to call you a friend. Stay your wonderful self and continue your journey.

Much Luv and Peace to you always,
    :heart:4EVER

:blowkiss:

5. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    I enjoyed your comments

Here's to many more years !!!

6. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    KWABENA, you are such a dear, always good read your thoughts. Happy 5th anniversary and here is to many more. :toast:

Astrologer4U

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thank you very much for the Love Sistahs, for it is truly appreciated.

In order to show my appreciation, I took the liberty in giving some of you some Rep Power - after all, it's the thought that counts!

Asante Sana! (Thank you very much)

Much Love, Peace, Respect and Admiration unto you-

KWABENA

8. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    peace brother. glad to see that this site has had a major impact on your life.

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    word...u have been a blessing to this online community brother....

one love
    khasm

10. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I absolutlely LOVE your new signature bro.

Congratulations....and thank you for being here.

May GOD Light your path furthermore and take you higher into where you want to go.
    PEACE be with you Brother KWAENA.

Terrific Name by the Way.