Black People : Debate Styles - What Do You Like or Dislike ?

What I dislike the most about a debate, is a close-minded participant.

Welcome Home Sister Spicy !!!! :jumping: :wave: :jumping:

Yeah ... you have always been down for a good debate ... i like your style! :toast:

I don't think we have ever straight up been on opposing viewpoints, but i've seen when you have with others ... :lol: ... Sistah don't be play'n! :D

Looking forward to more!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

The whole point of the debate is an intellectual chess game between 2 congenial, civil and social players, and nothing more.

Now that is what is sooo hot, sooo sexy about a great debate ... oh my gosh ... the points you mention above.

Add to that the great possibility that it can be more ... that from this intellectual back and forth ... can come the answer our people so desperately need ... the answer that i believe is inside one of us or some of us, just waiting to get out in the proper way ... the answer that has yet to be put on the table ... in a manner that it can be easily and quickly manifested ... saving us all from the collective destruction we currently face.

Yeah ... it can be so much more than an intellectual chess game ... i know it can ... i believe it with my whole heart.

If we talk enough, respecting each other at the highest levels ... we're gonna talk up on the answer.

Yep ... i believe it.

Love You!

Destee

Now i see we all agree finally on something , so i guess when the real heat is on
we forget that we don't like things in debating !

I'll be watching QQn

lol MY $$RICH$$NESSS ... you're right ... we're all agreeing on something ... :lol: ... :toast:

Great Observation! ... and it will be nice to see how we implement what we're sharing and learning.

Thanks EVERYONE for Sharing ... I'm gonna try to be mindful of the things you've shared ... 'cause when we know better we spoze to do better! :D

Great Great Great !!! :toast:

Destee

Now that is what is sooo hot, sooo sexy about a great debate ... oh my gosh ... the points you mention above.

Add to that the great possibility that it can be more ... that from this intellectual back and forth ... can come the answer our people so desperately need ... the answer that i believe is inside one of us or some of us, just waiting to get out in the proper way ... the answer that has yet to be put on the table ... in a manner that it can be easily and quickly manifested ... saving us all from the collective destruction we currently face.

Yeah ... it can be so much more than an intellectual chess game ... i know it can ... i believe it with my whole heart.

If we talk enough, respecting each other at the highest levels ... we're gonna talk up on the answer.

Yep ... i believe it.

Love You!

Destee
Wow!!!!

You ever seen a brown skin man blush???

What I dislike the most about a debate, is a close-minded participant.

What I like.... is an open minded participant.

If they got that, they may not need much else.

I do like one that is articulate and precise in getting their point across.
I will read a lengthy post if I find it interesting and I can keep up with it and its not to technical.

OK, I got a few dislikes, but I haven't found them much on this board....

1. Netspeak... i.e... 'IDK wut UR talking abt, bt tht's not wut I said'

2. Long run on sentences with no punctuation or paragraphs. I just recently did that but it was more for the effect of the sentence than because I had no idea how to do it.

3. Insinuations without merit or backup 'i.e.... 'well you could start by showing a little respect.'

OK, please tell me what part of my post you found to be disrespectful and why? Could be a misunderstanding in how I write and your perception of the information I gave - and that is often the case. But it's better to state what you problem is instead just making those those kinds of comments.

That's pretty common everywhere, including here.

4. People who aren't aware of their own posting styles and how they may come off to the other people in some negative regard.

5. Netiquette cowards - people who abide by a different set of rules online than they do in real life. Often they strike to be much more bold and intimidating online than they really are in real life.

Computer networks bring people together who'd otherwise never meet. But the impersonality of the medium changes that meeting to something less personal. Humans exchanging {online thoughts} often behave the way some people behind the wheel of a car do: They curse at other drivers, make obscene gestures, and generally behave like savages. Most of them would never act that way at work or at home. But the interposition of the machine seems to make it acceptable.

The message of Netiquette is that it's not acceptable. Yes, use your network connections to express yourself freely, explore strange new worlds, and boldly go where you've never gone before. But remember the Prime Directive of Netiquette: Those are real people out there.

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/rule1.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back