Black People : Culture, Culture

Hey if you can show Xhosa stick fighting had a meaningful influence or impact on AA culture, certainly.

Did you see the movie Winnie Mandela? :) You should!!! She was the best stick fighter in her district. She could beat all of the boys in an activity, I almost said sport, that girls were not supposed to participate in! ;) Compare that too the movie Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, stick fighting is not even mentioned anywhere in the entire movie. Not even in the part where Nelson was sent away from the village a child, to undergo MANHOOD TRAINING!!! Now wouldn't a cultural tradition like stick fighting, be included in a MANHOOD TRAINING PROGRAM? It is obviously intended to teach courage, and a fighting spirit, which Winnie Mandela had more than her fair share of! ;) Those two movies are the most powerful I've seen since The Spook Who Sat By The Door. Are you old enough to remember that one. ;)

Did you see the movie Winnie Mandela? :) You should!!! She was the best stick fighter in her district. She could beat all of the boys in an activity, I almost said sport, that girls were not supposed to participate in! ;) Compare that too the movie Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, stick fighting is not even mentioned anywhere in the entire movie. Not even in the part where Nelson was sent away from the village a child, to undergo MANHOOD TRAINING!!! Now wouldn't a cultural tradition like stick fighting, be included in a MANHOOD TRAINING PROGRAM? It is obviously intended to teach courage, and a fighting spirit, which Winnie Mandela had more than her fair share of! ;) Those two movies are the most powerful I've seen since The Spook Who Sat By The Door. Are you old enough to remember that one. ;)

Absolutely. I can we should pull from all areas that can offer assistance and be most beneficial to us as a people. I haven't saw the movie, because I generally do not watch TV, I have one more reason to watch. Thanks.

Oh, I did see The Spook Who Sat By The Door.

Absolutely. I can we should pull from all areas that can offer assistance and be most beneficial to us as a people. I haven't saw the movie, because I generally do not watch TV, I have one more reason to watch. Thanks.

Oh, I did see The Spook Who Sat By The Door.

I don't even own a t.v. so I feel you! :) I had to go online and order Winnie Mandela, because it is not showing in the state of Maryland. Our enemies are suppressing it. They are promoting Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, for reasons that will become obvious to a critical thinker. Are you up to the task? :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back