Black Spirituality Religion : Color of the Cross

Is Judeo-Christianity a progeny of Egyptian Theology?

This question continues to baffle modern day scholarship with parallelisms of the past drawn by cognitive circles of academia and intelligentsia. Appropriately, the question then becomes and is very similar to the conundrum: “which came first the chicken or the egg.”

There are many theories on parallelisms (depending upon your bias) existing between Judeo-Christianity and Egyptian theology.

Some believe that by following the “Massey-Diop method” puts us on a path of understanding the parallels of the two cultures.

In his essay of January 08, 2002, The Egyptian Great Year and Christianity, C. Gilkes writes,

“ Cheikh Anta Diop and Gerald Massey made this easier by comparing linguistic patterns; in a private conversation with Charles Finch, Diop showed how the Jewish scriptures borrowed extensively from its Egyptian parent.”

Gilkes further states, “The deep symbolism and ‘typology’ of the ancient Nile Valley sacred science, provides us with the means of understanding the complex process, the writers of the sacred Jewish and Christian texts may have wanted to convey to their devotees. It is not as simplistic as the priests and pastors make it out to be.”

Therefore, some scholars argue, and their followers believe that Judeo sacred texts may have derived from the belief that Egyptian theology became the rightful owner by sustaining language and writing skills.

(Sources: Echoes of the Old Darkland, Charles S. Finch; Ancient Egypt the Light of the World, Gerald Massey; African Origins of Civilisation: Myth or Reality?-Cheikh Anta Diop)

Others assert that the Gilgamesh Epic of Sumeria, which admits the Flood Story of the Pentateuch (Old Testament) as an integral part of the epic, links the Old Testament to Mesopotamian sources. This becomes yet another parallel between Judeo-Christianity and Sumerian cultures.
(Source: W.G. Lambert and A. R. Millard, Atra-hasis: The Babylonian Story of the Flood[oxford,1969])

It is interesting to note the Flood Story is accepted as an essential element of Gilgamesh, not because of its considerable historical importance, but because it prepares the climax of the epic, where Gilgamesh ends his search for eternal life.

So a common belief among all cultures of antiquity, through time, and at times, led to a syncretism–a combination of different forms of belief or practices. And likewise, the spells and vignettes of the Egyptian Book of the Dead (Coming Forth by Day), to a great degree, parallels the Twelfth Tablet translation of Gilgamesh, Descent into the Netherworld, as an unfortunate and unsatisfactory conclusion. For example, in the Egyptian Coffin Text, Spell 74:

“O Horus of the Netherworld, you have swum to Pe”[cult city of Horus], expresses nearly the exact thought.

Remarkably, within these ancient established archaeological cultures; Egyptian, Babylonian and Judaism, lies a commonality and claim to original deity and worship of resurrection.

Humans have always easily anthropomorphize the unknown (invisible) unseen beings or powers into entities that influence us. Anything not understood (and still for some) was delegated to this other realm or spiritual world. Cultures have always worshiped resurrection. Many Greeks worshiped Hercules, believed to have been born of Zeus and a human mother, underwent trials, died and resurrected to sit with Zeus (sound familiar).

Human sacrifice was also not uncommon among ancient cultures where the unfit and children were “culled-out” for the good of the tribe. Indeed, there is the stele from the Tophet, a sacred precinct of Carthage (Phoenicia), with accounts of child sacrifice reporting that beginning at the founding of Carthage in about 814 B.C., children were buried there, sacrificed to Baal and Tanit.

(Source: Sergio Ribichini, The Phoenicians, 1988, p. 141)

What happens when humans attempt to create human origins for the polyglot of Myths and Legends of ancient cultures?

As early as 1933, the lacuna of knowledge in anthropomorphic terms, becomes quintessential through one of our own, Professor John G. Jackson. In these books; Was Jesus Christ A Negro? and The African Origin Of The Myths and Legends Of The Garden of Eden, Jackson provides this salient fact, “there is much evidence that the Christian Savior was a black man, or at least a dark man.”

As you read further into Jackson’s work, he surmises this, “though it is generally held by historians and scholars that the Hebrews got their theories of the creation of the world and the fall of man from the Babylonians, who received their civilization from a still earlier culture of the Mesopotamian valley, a people known as the Sumerians. According to ancient tradition, the Sumerians were originally a colony of Ethiopians. Though the Ethiopians were spread far and wide over the earth in recent times, their original home has generally, been considered to have been located in the heart of Africa.” (emphasis added)

Prof. G. Elliot Smith, the British anthropologist, gained no little fame by advocating the views that all civilization and religion originated in ancient Egypt. In other words, academia/intelligentsia holds that civilization and religion originated in one particular location and spread from there to the rest of the world.

Smith created the “Diffusion School” of thought. Jackson puts it this way, “the science of comparative religion, as this review attempts to show, leads us to the conclusion that the diffusion school of anthropology has the best of the argument... However, since we now have evidence that the civilization of Egypt is not the oldest in the world we do not abandon our diffusionism position by tracing civilization back to an earlier culture center.”

Jackson quotes Prof. George Rawlinson, ANCIENT MONARCHIES, in this manner, “Moses of Chorene, the great Armenian historian, identifies Belsus, king of Babylon, with Nimrod. He adopts a genealogy for him only slightly different from that in our present copies of Genesis, making Nimrod the grandson of Cush and the son of Mizraim. He thus connects in the closest way Babylonia, Egypt and Ethiopia proper.”

Interestingly, Rawlinson asserts, “to the traditions and traces here enumerated must be added the biblical tradition which is delivered to us very simply and plainly in the precious document, the TOLDOTH BENI NOAH or BOOK OF THE GENERATIONS OF THE SONS OF NOAH. The sons of Ham, we are told, were Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan...and Cush begat Nimrod...and the beginning of his Kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

So, the Babylonian kingdom is assigned to a people distinctly said to have been Cu****e(Cush) by blood and to have stood in close connection with Mizraim or the people of Egypt, Phut or those of Central African and Canaan, or those of Palestine.”

Finally, we have Jackson’s personal opinion, “My personal opinion is that these myths and legends of the Garden of Eden, besides many others of similar nature, had their origins in the heart of Africa, in very ancient times and were spread by way of Egypt to the rest of the World.”

Many thanks to Mwalimu Imara Mwadilifa (Dr. E. Curtis Alexander) for resurrecting, if you will, this early profound scholarship of Jackson, copyrighted in 1933; because today (2008) or some 75 years later, we are still confused about so-called parallelisms.

Clyde C. Coger, Jr.
Man of the Pew

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I have some upcoming info regarding the COLOR OF CROSS for interested family.

BET will be airing this movie soon. here's a link with further info

http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/blackbuster/blackbustermoviecolorofthecross.htm

And here here is an update for the upcoming COLOR OF CROSS 2 movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1168774/

enjoy
:qqb003:

hiphopolx,

Thank you very much my friend! Just today, my son informed me, and I wondered if there was something available for posting. Again, thanks so much hiphopolx!

It gets lonely over here, glad you posted!

A lot of "Preachers" are also Prince Hall Masons or initates of other orders. They are aware of secret and sacred rituals and also KNOW that the "Bible" is a compilation of various texts or "sources" many of which were written during the Babylonian captivity when the Temple was destroyed and also those which were written during the Temple's restoration.

This explains why they tehmselves "preach" that Black people have been destroyed for a lack of knowledge (of Self).

Many are also aware of stories concerning "Three Jesuses" and also refer to "Jesus" as Yeshua, or Joshua.

One learns these things in Divinity School or in taking basic Evangelism classes.

I know this post is extremely old, but I just wanted to add to Three Jesus[es] comment.

The word 'Ye' is the word 'Ya/Yah' which is the God that came out of Egypt (Hosea 13.4). The word 'Shua' is also a Sky God from Egypt/Km.t and thus the 2 word combined Ye-Shua i.e. Yeshua means 'God of the Sky'. The modern usage of the word would have been 'Joshua.

Now here we go ...

Moshe/Moses was considered a God by ancient Yisra`el, when they came out of Kemet. Here read it for yourselves.

Exodus 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we know not what is become of him.

Let me explain, no one before Moses could preform the miracles that Moshe supposedly preformed. When he disappeared in the Mountain called Sinai (Note: Sinai was named after the God 'Sin' of Babylon), they though they lost their Deity so they asked Aaron/Akharown to create them gods so he created Golden Calves. The Golden Calves were representatives of the Children of Hathor which was Cow Deity. These Golden Calves were also known as Pharaohs. In other words they created themselves Pharaoh's which was the representation of Akharown/Aaron and his sister Miriam.

Moshe went into the Mountain and supposedly spoke to Yahveh and when he came down from the mountain, he was hot as fish grease which caused him to slam the stones down. Moses had reached the statues of High Priest of Yisra`el, but what a lot of people don't realizes is that the High Priest of Egypt/Kemet was known as Yavea/Yahveh. Today this priesthood still exist in religions such as Mami Wata Voudon.

Thus Moses was actually Yahveh/Y`hovah. We know this because Exodus chapter 15 calls him a Man of War ...

Exodus 15:3 The LORD (Yahveh) is a MAN of war: the LORD (Yahveh) is his name.

The Ancient Yisra`elites supposedly (with doubt in mind) believed that Yahveh was a god outside of humanity. Now there was a young man who name was Joshua (Hb. Yashau) who was supposedly the son of 'Nun'. Nun was only mentioned one time in the scriptures. Nun was a Kemetic God which means, Joshua was the Son of God.

Moses = God
Moses = High Priest & King

Joshua = Son of God
Joshua = inherited Moses/Gods Position
Joshua = High Priest & King

Jesus = Son of God
Jesus = inherited Gods Position
Jesus = High Priest after the order of Melchizedek (Egyptian)

Many believed that Moses was Akhenaten but Moses was his brother. Moses is said to have a stuttering problem, just like Akhenaten brother Thot[moses] which just so happen to be a Priest like Moses. The story of Yashua and Moses is the story of Akhenaten and Tutankhamen.

Jesus is supposed to be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Here is the kicker, in the book of Jasher 88:55 Melchizedek is called Adonizedek. The letter 'D' is equal to the letter 'T' from Hebrew to the Kemetic tongue. Thus the word 'Adon' would be 'Aton/Aten'. This shows that Melchizedek was a high priest of Egypt who in the time of Melchizedek had Canaan as a providence of Kemet. The name of Melchizedek was Adonizedek which is actually Atenizedek which means 'Aten the righteous'.

Jesus and Jashua lived in Egypt and both were high priest ... This is why I brought this up. Jashua was executed like Jesus (Not in the same manner) just like Tutankhamen. Jashua & Tutankhamen was exactly the same as.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for rambling on, I get kind of long winded sometimes when its comes to certain topics. Its like I go through these trances an I come up with solutions to long time questions.

Peace!~

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I know this post is extremely old, but I just wanted to add to Three Jesus[es] comment.

The word 'Ye' is the word 'Ya/Yah' which is the God that came out of Egypt (Hosea 13.4). The word 'Shua' is also a Sky God from Egypt/Km.t and thus the 2 word combined Ye-Shua i.e. Yeshua means 'God of the Sky'. The modern usage of the word would have been 'Joshua.

Now here we go ...

Moshe/Moses was considered a God by ancient Yisra`el, when they came out of Kemet. Here read it for yourselves.

Exodus 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we know not what is become of him.

Let me explain, no one before Moses could preform the miracles that Moshe supposedly preformed. When he disappeared in the Mountain called Sinai (Note: Sinai was named after the God 'Sin' of Babylon), they though they lost their Deity so they asked Aaron/Akharown to create them gods so he created Golden Calves. The Golden Calves were representatives of the Children of Hathor which was Cow Deity. These Golden Calves were also known as Pharaohs. In other words they created themselves Pharaoh's which was the representation of Akharown/Aaron and his sister Miriam.

Moshe went into the Mountain and supposedly spoke to Yahveh and when he came down from the mountain, he was hot as fish grease which caused him to slam the stones down. Moses had reached the statues of High Priest of Yisra`el, but what a lot of people don't realizes is that the High Priest of Egypt/Kemet was known as Yavea/Yahveh. Today this priesthood still exist in religions such as Mami Wata Voudon.

Thus Moses was actually Yahveh/Y`hovah. We know this because Exodus chapter 15 calls him a Man of War ...

Exodus 15:3 The LORD (Yahveh) is a MAN of war: the LORD (Yahveh) is his name.

The Ancient Yisra`elites supposedly (with doubt in mind) believed that Yahveh was a god outside of humanity. Now the there was a younger who name was Joshua (Hb. Yashau) who was supposedly the son of 'Nun'. Nun was only mentioned one time in the scriptures. Nun was an Kemetic which means, Joshua was the Son of God.

Moses = God
Moses High Priest & King

Joshua = Son of God
Joshua = inherited Moses/Gods Position
Joshua = High Priest & King

Jesus = Son of God
Jesus = inherited Gods Position
Jesus = High Priest after the order of Melchizedek (Egyptian)

Many believed that Moses was Akhenaten but Moses was his brother. Moses is said to have a stuttering problem, just like Akhenaten brother Thot[moses] which just so happen to be a Priest like Moses. The story of Yashua and Moses is the story of Akhenaten and Tutankhamen.

Jesus is supposed to be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Here is the kicker, in the book of Jasher 88:55 Melchizedek is called Adonizedek. The letter 'D' is equal to the letter 'T' from Hebrew to the Kemetic tongue. Thus the word 'Adon' would be 'Aton/Aten'. This shows that Melchizedek was a high priest of Egypt who in the time of Melchizedek had Canaan as a providence of Kemet. The name of Melchizedek was Adonizedek which is actually Atenizedek which means 'Aten the righteous'.

Jesus and Jashua lived in Egypt and both were high priest ... This is why I brought this up. Jashua was executed like Jesus (Not in the same manner) just like Tutankhamen. Jashua & Tutankhamen was exactly the same as.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for rambling on, I get kind of long winded sometimes when its comes to certain topics. Its like I go through these trances an I come up with solutions to long time questions.

Peace!~

ru2religious,

Indeed, your post provides yet another parallelism to the great mystery!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back