Black Spirituality Religion : Color of the Cross

Bible Corruption
Article by Allan Cronshaw

Recently in this forum, the above article was offered for review and discussion in a post to godsmantru. It is a (64/78) page document that was partially addressed and suggested by istlota; it’s content became the topic of a separate thread. In view of a commitment I made in that thread, the following is my overview of the article:

High Priest said:
Brother Godsman what do you think about the biblical corruption? The link below shows that, there is something wrong with the the new testament. After reading can you give us your view please?1. http://reluctant-messenger.com/biblical-corruption.htm
Bless you all

Cronshaw arranges a string of facts associated with the “non-trinity view” and the “absolute infallible” state of biblical doctrine held by the “Church of Rome” that also rests with the “modern church” of today.

To the serious Bible student, no new information, outlining altered and edited scripture, was brought out in the article, in my view.

When reading, keep in mind, Cronshaw is addressing his arguments to those, predominantly that make up the Catholic Religion, and to any “fundamentalists” or trailing denominations. Any wishing to slander the authenticity of the New Testament will be happy to find much superficial evidence.

Cronshaw also limits or curtails information, particularly pertaining to his research data, in order to bolster the Bible's perceived fallibility. For example, he (Cronshaw) cites CODEX Bezae, his main portion of the string of facts, but fails to mention it’s “D” designation, which contains only the four Gospels and the Acts, and displays text quite different from CODEX Sinaiticus, CODEX Vaticanus, CODEX Alexandrinus and CODEX Ephraemi.

Moreover, neither does Cronshaw mention in the article that CODEX Bezae was, primarily, the manuscript used in the book and movie, The Da Vinci Code, which appears somewhat disingenuous.

After reading Allan Cronshaw’s article there are two points that cannot go unnoticed. First, that the infallibility in the Word is actually proven through the article’s evidence of fallibility, that is to say, the Bible foretold and predicted that “Christian Church Authority” would severely alter the written word in scripture:

When it is realized that Martin Luther was merely confirming the very biblical prediction made by none other than the Apostle Paul, when he wrote that in the near future the Prince of Darkness would be worshiped as God in the church which would call itself of Christ, the theological position of the modern church is totally undermined. Of this future ruler of the church, the Apostle writes that he "…opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God" (2 Th 2:4 NKJ).
If this prediction of the Apostle is true, and from a first-century perspective it would soon come to pass when the very Prince of Darkness would sit in the "…temple of God, showing himself that he is God", and be worshiped by a disillusioned people who would falsely believe they were calling upon the name of the Lord, then all people who consider themselves to be sincere believers today had better rethink their position with respect to the purity with which the scriptures has been preserved.

The second point Cronshaw’s article makes that cannot go unnoticed is quoted in part;

“The great truth which the modern Christian fails to comprehend is that, even in its corrupted form, the Bible as it has been passed down to us is sufficient to manifest the Living Word of God in the life of the individual believer. One only has to open the New Testament to almost any page to find the message: If the believer consecrates their lives–becomes teachable by releasing their minds from an adherence to the doctrines of men–forgive and judge no one–live a simple life that is unencumbered–do no harm to any of God’s creatures–and seek in solitude the companionship of the Lord in the inner Temple–that the Holy Spirit will Anoint and Teach you all the Mysteries of God as the believer begins to live the consecrated Christian life–free of the thinking and entanglements of this World–then the indwelling Word will reveal all things to those who are sincere in their search for the Truth.”

The article was a good read and confirms, at least for me, our African ancestors biblical Heritage and the infallible theme of the Bible!

Clyde C. Coger, Jr.
Man of the Pew

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

PLATINUMILLITY1 said:
Will do:)
I just finished the First one.....now I REALLY loved it.....BUT I WAS JUST DO SHORT!!!
It Flashed to The Crucifixion of Jesus.....and that was all...I was prepared to see so much more....
But I REALLY loved it....

PLATINUMILLITY1,

Still waiting!

LOL!
How are ya Bro??!!!
Well..........
..................................:?:

I did not see the comment..........
But I think the critic from Amazon.com was right
Hereare the Reasons:
Number one-NO ONE WAS IN THE MOVIE THAT PLAYED IN THE FIRST...Everyone that was in the first one was no where to be found, cept him and his Son/Daughter(and I did not see him/her)
Ya Shoulda seen Me! I was all confused when judas came back, I thought they were debating over a strange men I'm like "THAT AINT JUDAS" smh
The acting of the new Characters was not TOTALLY bad....not at all
It was jumpy-I did not know which scene was which....
IT WAS STILL SHORT
He implemented too many worng moves...such as the appearance of an Angel that was SOOOO a computer job....
and a like 25 year old man playing a 60 or 70 yr old Blind Man...
:?:
The Roman Changed and ALL the Jewish councilmen....
There was probably some other things too....but hey:10500:

I guess it was just very obvious he did not have much support in this movie, for some reason(or so it REALLY appeared)
I wish he made it over Honestly...If he brought back the characters and did it over I would watch it and be Pleased:)

So hows That:SuN021:

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

PLATINUMILLITY1 said:
LOL!
How are ya Bro??!!!
Well..........
..................................:?:

I did not see the comment..........
But I think the critic from Amazon.com was right
Hereare the Reasons:
Number one-NO ONE WAS IN THE MOVIE THAT PLAYED IN THE FIRST...Everyone that was in the first one was no where to be found, cept him and his Son/Daughter(and I did not see him/her)
Ya Shoulda seen Me! I was all confused when judas came back, I thought they were debating over a strange men I'm like "THAT AINT JUDAS" smh
The acting of the new Characters was not TOTALLY bad....not at all
It was jumpy-I did not know which scene was which....
IT WAS STILL SHORT
He implemented too many worng moves...such as the appearance of an Angel that was SOOOO a computer job....
and a like 25 year old man playing a 60 or 70 yr old Blind Man...
:?:
The Roman Changed and ALL the Jewish councilmen....
There was probably some other things too....but hey:10500:

I guess it was just very obvious he did not have much support in this movie, for some reason(or so it REALLY appeared)
I wish he made it over Honestly...If he brought back the characters and did it over I would watch it and be Pleased:)

So hows That:SuN021:

PLATINUMILLITY 1,

That was/is an excellent review! The words of truth you used brought great laughter to me and actually helped in getting over the snafu, pardon my French. I related to everything you stated, and suffered in the same manner as yourself. Glad I could be of assistance to you...Peace Sister!

Clyde Coger said:
PLATINUMILLITY 1,

That was/is an excellent review! The words of truth you used brought great laughter to me and actually helped in getting over the snafu, pardon my French. I related to everything you stated, and suffered in the same manner as yourself. Glad I could be of assistance to you...Peace Sister!
LOL...

Peace to you as well Bro Clyde,
Yes, We may have suffered (LOL!)
But, I am glad I could share:D
(French Pardoned:hearts1:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back