Black People Politics : Charlottesville - State of Emergency - Violence - Unite the Right rally

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
Good points Senegal,

Also, a form of Reparations was passed in Charlottesville, which I'm sure ticked off White nationalist Richard Spencer and "Unite the Right" movement, organizer Jason Kessler.

Charlottesville VA Backs "Reparations" Fund for Black Residents & Votes to Sell Robert E. Lee Statue

... And in the midst of all of this, we also got an equity package passed, which I presented in January, before we had our first vote—and it was unanimously passed—which gave us $950,000 to our African American Heritage Center, $250,000 to build onto one of the parks in the local African-American community, we got $2.5 million to public housing redevelopment, $50,000 annually for anyone who lives in public housing to get free GEDtraining, another $50,000 to anyone who lives 80 percent below the AMI, which is the annual median income, as well as public housing, to have scholarships of sorts to go to our local community college. We got a position for black male achievement, which we’re calling a youth opportunity coordinator; so, I mean, in all, in all, it was about $4 million, basically, from funding, put specifically into marginalized communities to help bridge the gap and create equity ...

59:02

STORYAUGUST 07, 2017

This is great. A drop in the bucket but great nonetheless.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Maybe it's just me being hyper-critical but words are important and how they are used can make all the difference in the world. I see where people are calling the evil that is upon us, "White Nationalists." That is so politically correct to me when in my opinion, they are simply RACISTS. Why are people resistant to using racist to describe sick minded people who believe in racial hierarchy? This isn't an issue between two nations; it's about the racism that has existed in this country from the beginning when the white man set foot on American soil and saw the opportunity take some **** and oppress the people who were originally here. It's that kind of arrogance and racism that we see when Trump claims he's gonna build a big beautiful wall and make Mexico pay for it. Call it like you see it! Black folk need not be afraid to say the word RACISM...RACIST, out loud and in public. For too long we've allowed the white racial bigot to shape the national narrative to deflect from the TRUTH! It's time to STOP repeating their narrative when we know it's a lie!

Lunar Cycle

Jul 16, 2017
This great. A drop in the bucket but great nonetheless.
This Charlottesville act of "Not" Domestic Terrorism should be exploited by us like the "Not" racist White Supremacist are doing by petitioning for more "Not" racist White Pride rallies which have spawned more violence nationwide within the last 80 hours. So with that having been said the Charlottesville Community Improvement Reparations Act (If you will) should become a mantra carried by our Black political, community & religious leadership nationwide. just a thought. the time is right, we as a people must seize it.

download.jpg

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
Considering where our ancestors started from here in the Americas, "free" represents "not enslaved."

You mean ask the government why they haven't issued reparations to us descendants? I ask this bc I don't personally know any white person who is capable of paying me reparations. I guess those who attempt to help push justice and equality for Black people can also help to get reparations too.

When it comes to money people (Humans) get strange and indifferent. Lol Everybody can use a few more dollars. So I can't expect for someone who's hungry to gather food for me and not try to retain some for themselves;Regardless of who is owed it or not. I don't have that much faith in people of any culture!

I don't know about John Brown the freedom fighter. Did he also fight for reparations for Black People?

"White people speaking for us tends to turn into us being crowed into ghettos."

Im not sure I understand what you mean about the statement above. Would you mind elaborating a little more for me?

:heart:
Lots of Blacks are enslaved mentally and physically to this day. If you are talking about being emancipated you may want to look at the etymology of the word. I think you will see something in the word that will equate to the condition of Black people today.

You could ask the government (which is predominantly run by whites) why there has never been a national mandate to compensate the descendants of the enslaved. However, I am talking about the whites that supposedly want to help. Why is that not a subject I have ever seen lifted by supportive whites? Is it a media outage? I agree that I cant expect whites to attempt to put more money in my pocket. Thats pretty much my point. If they wont do that then how supportive are they really? Where is the line drawn in their minds? I say the line is several stratospheres below their wealth and opportunity levels.

John Brown was too busy fighting to free Blacks from slavery so reparations was not a subject he would have been thinking about at the time. I am sure if he had survived then he would have fought for a wealth transfer.

I meant "crowded" into ghettos. Instead of creating equal opportunity the whites decided to restrict the masses of Blacks to the ghettos. A large part of this effort was brought about by "supportive" whites.

Reactions: IFE
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Black People Politics : Confused by America's Response to Charlottesville Virginia Racism Black People Politics 9
Kemetstry Black People : CHARLOTTESVILLE NAZIS BEING IDENTIFIED AND FIRED THRU THE NET Black People Open Forum 20
Isaiah Black Ancestors : RACE AND PLACE CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA Honoring Black Ancestors 1
HODEE Black People Politics : State Laws Governing Early Voting - Pennsylvania for some reason isn't included Black People Politics 0
HODEE Black People Politics : DOES YOUR STATE PREPAY YOUR BALLOT POSTAGE _ Find out here... Black People Politics 0
G Black People Politics : Toppling Statues and Removing Racist State Flags Should Not be The legacy of The Untimely Demise of George Floyd Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Lives Matter activist Hawk Newsome on the current state of America Black People Politics 0
B The Front Porch : MUSICAL STATE OF EMERGANCY The Front Porch 1
HODEE Black People Politics : CA passed a startling State Senate Bill...SB1421 Black People Politics 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : State Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
O Black People Politics : The State of Power 2019 Black People Politics 1
Perfection Somalia : In Context Series: Mimesis & Mimicry in Dynamics of State & Identity Formation in Northern Somalia Somalia 0
Perfection Rwanda : In Context Series: British State Complicity in Genocide: Rwanda 1994 Rwanda 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Cops Investigate Attacks Against Jehovah's Witness Buildings In Washington State Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Warfare, Leadership, State Formation: The Case of the Zulu Kingdom, 1808-1879 Black People Politics 0
Ndugu Black People : Voter Supression, in the birth state of the leader , that battled for the Voting Rights Act Black People Open Forum 1
J Black People Politics : Kidnap Violation International Law Hate Based State Abuse Black People Politics 4
IFE Black Positive People : Washington State University Scholar Cornelius Adewlale to be Awarded $100,000 Bullitt Environmental Black People Doing Positive Things 0
IFE Black People Politics : Washington State University Scholar Cornelius Adewlale to be Awarded $100,000 Bullitt Environmental Black People Politics 0
IFE Black Education / Schools : Black Girls Are Twice as Likely to Be Suspended, In Every State Black Education / Schools 0
Chevron Dove Science and Technology : Is the Solar Eclipse a State of Emergency? — HARVEY, IRMA & MEXICO… Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Total Eclipse Could Create A State Of Emergency Science and Technology 25
R Black Poetry : itch for cake which state my mind drift clever but if ever I don't have plenty fun then // Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
R Black Poetry : itch for cake which state my mind drift clever but if ever plenty fun but if anyone discover the rea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : National Urban League's 'State of Black America' shows educational, economic improvements Black Education / Schools 3
Liberty Law Forum : Does Florida’s Death Row overrepresent African Americans as state lawmaker says]? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : 1st-black-woman-on-state-s-highest-court-found-dead-by-river Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THOMAS JEFFERSON WALL TO SEPARTE CHURCH & STATE: Was he influenced by Count Volney’s Ruins of the Em AACOOLDRE 3
Bennu-Sopdet The Front Porch : Current State of the Kemetic Community The Front Porch 4
Liberty Black People Politics : Here Is Why You Must Vote In Your State & Local Elections Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : the-state-departments-entire-senior-management-team-just-resigned Black People Politics 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Mormon for secretary of state??? AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Florida-Voters-Kick-FL-State-Attorney-Angela-Corey-of-Zimmerman-Case-Fame-Out-of-Office Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Killing of MLK: "An Act of State" AACOOLDRE 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : The Supreme Court Just Ruled In Favor Of The Police State, And Sonia Sotomayor Is Not Having It Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 22
Babasola Black People : Are Black men at fault for the current state of affairs in Black America and what do you suggest we Black People Open Forum 20
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Former NC State teammate blasts Russell Wilson: "He was a 'me' player" Black Sports 0
R Black Poetry : to have real fate is an ideal state if it befalls earlier in life I pause // frequent becase of rece Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
sekou kasimu Black People : Why Vote In Local/State Elections But Not Presidential Elections? Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS Black Sports 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ST. Paul: minister for the state of Rome AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Mississippi divided: Battle over Confederate flag shifts to Magnolia State Black People Politics 13
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Wikileaks reveals Sony & US State Dept. mutual effort aimed at ISIS, Russia Black People Politics 123
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Tennessee House votes to make Bible official state book Christian Study Group 5
RAPTOR Black People : Symbolism and State Violence and Women in Mama's Hip-Hop Kitchen Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Antiquities Scholar: Islamic State's Destruction of Museum & Library is Cultural & Ethnic Cleansing Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
chuck Black People : The State of Race Relations: Our Vs Their Takes? Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : It's Not Just About Detroit: Another State Of The Black Nation Overview Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : What Is The (Altered) State Of The (Black) Nation: 2014? Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : Sundiata Acoli, Convicted of Murdering State Trooper, To Be Released On Parole Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0