Black Relationships : Can Sistas just get some Love.......

Welcome Mahagony

Peace and blessings to you sistah! I am fairly new to family as well. I was on another site I dare not mention and saw a link suggesting this site. I haven't been back since! The hate and negativity was too thick up in there!! Here I find a mixture of people sharing and not really hating. I believe it turns into hate when someone takes offense at a something someone says and it strikes a nerve. Sometimes you have to read between the lines of what people are saying to understand where they are coming from.
The questions are posed and people answer based on their experiences. I'll reiterate that, "BASED ON THEIR EXPERIENCES". Which means, a persons opinion is just that. We all have a perception of the world we live in. Whatever we believe in our minds as truth is "our" truth and not that, necessarily, of the next man. But, since so many of us have had the same or similar experiences, at that point, we can mutually agree with one another.

Again welcome and bring an open mind, fill it up with what you need to succeed.

God Bless!

emprezz...if I haven't before I welcome you now to our Forums. :wave: What a beautiful poem you dedicated to Mahogany in another thread. Very compassionate.

Your statement here lends a great deal of understanding about people and how opinions are derived at. I agree with you completely. I sincerely appreciate our new Sister Mahogany for starting this thread though because there was a point when it seemed Black women were being criticized frequently and seldom praised.

emprezz, I hope you are able to join us on Tuesday evenings for Sister Chat, in our General Voice Chat room, 8pm, ET. From the way you have expressed yourself so far, I believe that your presence will enhance our discussions and help bring us closer together. We will be sure to save a seat for you.

Peace and blessings! :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back