Black Relationships : Can Sistas just get some Love.......

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Mahogany_Brown, May 29, 2003.

1. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Respect Everyone,

I'm pretty new here, but I've been reading some of the threads on black women. **** ya'll, the majoriy of stuff that I'm reading is negative, like "do black women scare men off"(no disrespect to the person who wrote that), and other posts that I feel seem negative about us sistas.

Is there anything positive about us? We are either viewed as sex crazed or un feminine. We straighten our hair(our genetic trait)to be other than what we are. Most of the time it seems that our men don't want us, they would rather have Becky Sue or Ms. Ann. I know that black women as a collective have problems which I feel stems directly from this society, that disregards us by putting us at the bottom, and at the same time idolizing the white woman.

With all this enormous pressure that society puts on us every second of everyday, can we just get some love....And if anyone have one positive thing to say about the black woman, whether as a collective or the individual in your life please show some love, we really need it. Peace
    Revolutionary Love.....

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Welcome Mahogany Brown

Peace sister Mahogany and welcome to the forums.

It's great to have you join us and your assessment of many of the threads are on point. It's true sister that some people love to accentuate the negative and seldom balance their opinion with the positive. You probably also noticed that if you counter the negativity with positive responses, many times you're subject to be branded as a flaming man-hating, ball-busting feminist who is biased and unable to "admit" the truth about our sisterhood. But that's okay...I would venture to say that without the naysayers and perpetual whiners, our discussions would be far less interesting and exciting.

It takes a bit of getting used to but if you take time to surf more carefully, you will notice that there are many of us here who are committed to substantive and enlightening discourse--and lively debates. :)

So, hang in there with us sis...it only gets better with time. Thank you for the articulate appeal for more positive information about Black women. I look forward to seeing more of you here.

Peace! :heart:

3. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Have no fear MB, us brothas still luv yall sistahs. I know there may seem that there is a lot of burden put on sistahs here but this place to me is like the barber shop / beauty shop. In a sense, here we can ordain a sensible dialog and get input back.
    Women are very complex and and often misunderstood, here seems like a good place for incite due to numerous ladies here.

Usually I find it difficult to conduct a conversation with some women in person because customarily a lot of women I have conversed with always want to be right. Knowing what I know now, a man cannot win in an agrument with a woman. So consistently discussion with the opposite sex are rare. If a man wants peace he will let the woman be right, even if she is blantly wrong. Here I feel free to express myself without worrying about having sex with held, attitudes, etc.

Furthermore, when I post it is not to critize but for for enlightenment. I am just trying to understand yall better. Sorry, but I have not yet found the handbook on women.

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    [email protected]!!!!! Is it that bad? *lol*

Much respect! :)

5. patience

patience New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    peace.black women has the most responsibility, thats why god spent 3\4 of time on women and 1\4 on man.this is posititive.the women of today want to be judged same as a man,this is the problem. with responsability require greater standerds. men call women sex crazed or masqulin because that is what we see.when women allow men to build them up,we all are being built up.when women allow men in there life who break them down,we all get broke down.

6. Mahogany_Brown

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey kemestry,
    Yeah I see how it gets in here, I guess you got to put on your boxing gloves sometimes, which I have no problem with. However, sometimes I just get so tired of hearing what black women don't do right, what they should do to please their men etc.... I understand that criticism is necessary, but criticism without solutions is a waste of words. I totally understand that we as a people(Black people) have issues that we have to resolve, but with the way this "country" is going we are definitely gonna have to have some sort of unity. I know that "unity" is a cliche' but we aren't gonna have any other choice. Because these people are **** serious...bets believe it. By the I forgot we don't live in a country anymore we live in a "homeland" remember..... Peace

7. Mahogany_Brown

Ratings:
    +0
    Man, what happened up in here? Somebody sounds heated!!!...I know you're banned, but calm down sista its really not that serious..Peace

8. sia

sia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    First time here Sisters and excited.
    I'll be back.
    For the record I've been in some groups discussing ancient Kemetic ideologies and the fights here ain't nothin compared.
    We gon be alright as long as we maintain some mutual love and respect.

Sis

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Welcome Sia!! Looking forward to having you join us!

:)

10. Mahogany_Brown

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Kemestry

Can you elaborate further on the statement"The defensive response was that men shouldn't be thugged out in the first place". What did the person mean by this?

"LOL" at the Newchick comment...