Black Relationships : WHEN WILL SISTAS FINALLY BE TURNED OFF BY THUGS

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by bigtown, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    YOU SEE THEM IN MAGAZINES, TELEVISION, VIDEOS AND EVERYWHERE IN NIGHTCLUBS. THEY'RE THUGS, THAT STEREOTYPICAL REPRESENTATION OF BLACK MALE MASCULINITY THAT NEVER SEEMS TO GO AWAY. THE SISTERS LOVE THEM. CHECK OUT THE DESTINYS' CHILD VIDEO IN WHICH THEY SING THE LYRICS OF "I NEED A SOLJA, WHERE THEY AT, WHERE THEY AT" THE THUG, THAT REDICULOUS CHARICATURE OF A BLACK MAN. THE BLACK MEN THAT MANY SISTERS SEE AS THEY IDEAL MATE AND IMAGE OF MACHISMO ( ALTHOUGH THEY PROBABLY MAKE UP THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF "DL" MEN ) SISTAS WHAT IS IT THAT ATTRACTS YOU TO THESE MEN, AND IS THE INTEREST FINALLY STARTING TO FADE?

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    BIGTOWN - MY BROTHA:

No, I am not a woman, but I will say this:

Throughout my life, I have asked myself quesyions and always come up with answers..........except one question: WHY DO SISTAHS TURN OFF EDUCATED GENTLEMEN, AND JUMP HEAD FIRST INTO BEING WITH A THUG? I remember when I was a bad @$$ wannabe stereotype, girls were afraid of me, so they did whatever I wanted them to do. I think it is intimidation. I am growing up now, and things are changing just a bit, so I don't dwell on that. But that is what I think it is. I remember being around a group of girls talking about:

"That N***a got money."
    "That N***a will f*** anyone up for me."
    "That N***a gotta excursion, porsche, or whatever (now its that N***a ride spinners)"

or something like this.

I stay down in South Florida. I remember going to a big entertainment spot, and tell me why the girls looked away from me looking all handsome and what not, but then they were chasing after some young ones with gold teeth, long white tees, pants halfway down their behinds, and the boys were holding their you know whats while they were walking. Now is that ridiculous or what? Girls were all over them. The only way I would have got a sistah is if I was just like them, or lied and said that I sold drugs. I shouldn't need to hustle to get a sistah, that's ridiculous.

Cedric Denson

3. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I guess that "Thugs" appeal to SOME Women or girls because of the fact that they are supposedly "Bad Boy's", I personally don't find that attractive. The trait that I do like in a Supposed Thug is the fact that they are willing to do any and everything for you- they are protective. If I can find that trait in any Man other than a Thug- then I would have found my match!. Actually, I DID find my match and I'm Married to him!.

But not all Women want a Thug, that's Fo'Sho'!!

4. 1hotvirgowoman

Ratings:
    +6

Ced', if I WAS single, I'd tell you to come swing by my way- Fo'Sho'!!
    'Cause I can definately appreciate a Handsome young gentlemen such as yourself.

:haha: Shoot, you don't gotta' sell drugs for me to Handcuff Ya'!

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Another Whiny Post.

This is my post to all of the Men at Destee.com who reguritate these types of posts.

1. The Lumping of Black Women into one category:

A Majority of the women, who are trying to roll with thugs, are not educated and usually are not all that special. I have never seen a Black Woman with a college education and a high paying salary with a supposed thug. I usually only see women who have no college education, and low paying jobs, with these thugs. If you notice the celeberity women that you claim who want thugs, usually on roll with thugs who have money. I really get sick of brothers always lumping my sisters into one category.

I REPEAT EVERY BLACK WOMAN DOES NOT LIKE A THUG.

2. Your definition of a thug is mis-understood:

The thug of todays time, is usually a grown *** man who does not work, stays with his mama, smokes weed and sags his jeans, and pretends to be a killer. These thugs that you talk about are your real loosers who never generate any revenuve, legal or illegally. They are simply mamas boys who will get mad at you if you step on their shoes. Most of these dudes have never even got into a fight or never have fired a weapon. Moreover, most classy black women do not even give these Men the time of day.

3. Maybe you should stop whining at destee.com:

Instead of whining about the degraded image of Black Men. Do us all a favor and start showing that example. The quickest way to destroy the convoluted image of Black Masculinity is too show someone something else. Whinning about it at Destee.com is not going to solve anything. Maybe you should make a post about Positive Black Male Images, and why REAL sisters prefer those, than these mamas boy thugs you speak about.

4. I reccomend some Introspection:

I remember I use to sit and complain about Black Women. Black women do not like me because I am a convicted felon, Black Women do not like me beacause of this and because of that. One day I realized that while I had 1 finger pointed, three fingers pointed back at me. After careful Introspection, I realized that I Manasic. The Black Man was the problem, and that the Black Woman was the Solution. Once I made a positive change within myself, I found the woman that I have now.

In conclusion, I am really sick of some of the men at Destee.com, and I myself am included. I get tired of reading the same old reguirgated posts about sistas not liking me for this reason or that. What you men really need is a dose of reality, I took my dose and I am now a happy man.

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have never in life dated a THUG or anyone who even looks "thug like". Men I've dated have usually been engineers or computer geeks or Boeing employees...who dress and act casually.

Why would you think we grown women would like a thug?

I wouldn't want to date any man who thinks it's cool to be a street hustler or who is not afraid of doing jail time for stupid ****.

7. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Carrie, great and you are a very perceptive person. But I beg to differ-I have seen professional Black women that have turned down many fine black men that would treat them right and respect them for the stereotypical 'ruffian'.

8. 1hotvirgowoman

Ratings:
    +6
    Exactly, look at Vivica Fox. Why would she give 50cent the time of the Day?. I believe that most Decent Women crave a Non-Decent Male because of that "Opposites Attract" Factor. Think about it, if you are a normal individual, would you want an equally Normal mate? No, why? We All want just a little bit of drama or challenge in our relationships, some more than others.The Thug factor works both ways.I have seen some Fine,Professional appearing Brothas' with some so-called Ghetto Girls- Opposites surely do Attract!.

9. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Vivica is not too good of an example-if truth be told, Vivica is more ghetto than 50 cents. In my opinion-her fling with him was more of a older woman/younger man thing. Plus he was hot at the time to keep her name in the news. Maybe, he 'swolled' her head that she acted pressed before and shortly after they broke up. Same with Whitney-maybe she could be contributing to Bobby's delinquency-if that is possible.

10. 1hotvirgowoman

Ratings:
    +6

Vivica is a successful Black Actress, 50cent is Glamorized Thug- how is that not an good example?. We are not talking about age here, we talking about THUGS and the Women who do and donnot date them. It shocked ME when I heard that she was dating him, kind of like she took a step down rather than up.....terribly mismatched that's why it didn't last.