Black Relationships : Blueprint for the Black Family

Well, it's not necessarily an "argument" for it, this is a discussion with family. I'm like your favorite uncle at the family reunion,lol.

J/k

Seriously, there has to be critical thought of where our previous movements have failed. This, alternate family model is one phase of difference. In the long term, it would produce more long term positive family results, being that females have helping hands. Also, delegation is a bit better. Spiritually, the Brothers first congregation is his family.

Will everyone or should everyone try this? No. But, it's confining in the least for a Brother that has expanded his world to remain to one woman. If he's interested in empire building, he needs three or more females, especially in this epoch we're in.

Females that are in opposition to the model on the basis of believing it "cheating" would do best to recognize that a Brotha was built to share his empire with several women.

This model is more prudent to a Brother who's made it in the world as opposed to him wifing up a woman with children or an all around nutcase( Lord knows those types are more common these days).

Ok so in all my posts I have not taken a position for or against this blueprint, or for or against polygamy.

If this blueprint serves as a model for you and yours, more power to you.

As an older, single black man, I had to put a lot if thinking into this, weighing every opinion.

I know that if you are not a muslim, you have studied the life of the prophet Muhammad and all the other prophets including Isa.

As I have often read many attacks on prophet Muhammad for his marriage to Aisha at such a young age, I am often conflicted because I work with and mentor teens and it's my young women who take to me the most. And like Aisha, they have become my best learners. And I'm talking about young sisters who are Muslimah and know their history and cultural traditions.

But, here is the problem for me. I have difficulty treating them equally without favoring one over the other. They actually compete with each other for my attention and "help".

And this is where I think some of the points against polygamy are valid? How can one possibly treat four wives equally, especially if they are students as well?

That's why I say more power to you if such an arrangement works for you and yours.

If I was about 25 years younger it's a blueprint I would seriously consider but knowing me I most likely would have the same problem I mentioned.

I relate to my students as if they are my own daughters and much of my work involves more mentoring and self esteem building than anything else. But in regards to teaching, I learn from them as well. I'm not an autocrat. Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back