Black Relationships : Blueprint for the Black Family

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by ProphetikGeneral, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ProphetikGeneral

ProphetikGeneral Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    A Serious Discussion about Polygamy and the Economic, Social and Spiritual Benefits Such a System Provides

“No one can exist without a spiritual system, for the spiritual system feeds the cultural system.”- Dr. John Henrik Clarke

Polygamy has its benefits, and thus is, from observation, analysis, and personal experience, among the only models that can correct the ruptured Black family. It has benefits for both brothers and sisters. No, we don’t need european paperwork for this venture. Understanding is the social need of the universe.

For the Black man that seeks polygamy:

This is where the council of elders system comes in. Each man is subject to a concept of elders that watch him, as is the case for any holistic African centered society.

The man with the potential to take on four or more females into his household has to be:

Spiritually sound

Economically sufficient

The first wife is with him for three or more years. She is the female that has been down with him from day one. Her duties are that of administrator in the household. She is to set the man’s appointments,run one half of his business empire and plan his ceremonies to his three other females. She is at least his age or one year older.

The second wife should be at least five to ten years younger than her man. Reasons for this being that she is one of the chief child bearers for the man. She should have little to no work experience, for she must be taught to serve her man and her household.

These first two females are responsible for seeking out the third wife, who be arranged to the man. An arranged marriage to the third wife is prudent for the purposes of male offpsring survival. Her task is to keep the home tidy.

The fourth wife is one that doesn’t necesssarily have to stay in the household. She should ususally remain either in another town or another state. She is responsible for securing property for said man in other areas. She is the vacation wife.

With the ratios of so many sisters to brothers, this model, representative of our Africanity, should be considered.

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Hmmm, considering...:thinking:

Nah, I don't wanna share. And who'd wanna be a "vacation wife"?:10500:

You talk about the ratio, but how many of these sisters and brothers even want each other? Some are gay and lesbian, and some wouldn't even date within their own race; so what then does that make the ratio?

3. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    Hey Angela,

Like everything has its place,dependent upon that woman's position in this structure determines if she will stay in or out of the house as the fourth wife. This is contingent on:

Her age

What talents she brings to the table/relationships

How many children she can produce

How she submits to both the man and his eldest wife.The vacation wife is one that retains separate property, because if one has an emergency, he needs a place to temporarily stay.

4. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Seems kinda harsh:10500: ; i.e. "determines if she will stay in or out of the house(?) as the fourth wife." It's like you're saying, good enough to be a wife, but not all of the time.

This polygamy thing just bothers me. :11300:

5. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    Why so?

6. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325

Because I can't understand why men of this earth believe they need more than one woman.

I had this idea proposed to me before. Me and my friend were to be his(my ex-boyfriend's) two wives. One caring for the kids, while the other handles the household, was his thought. I especially can't understand it when so called Christian men jump on board with this.

7. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403

Well, I would say it's more out of necessity at this point. So long as each woman understands her role, there should be little problem. One important factor to remember is that "Christian" men are men. Black men are used to, historically, having more than one woman. It's in our DNA at this point.

Marriages back in the day weren't for "love". Many times,they were done out of political necessity and arranged to keep the transfer of wealth between certain families. Therefore, if the love is mutual between two people, why can't a third female share in that bond? It doesn't change the thoughts a brother has for his first mate, it just means that his first mate now has females with which to delegate the workload in a household.

Now, any ol' brother can't pull this off. That's why in my OP I inserted stipulations, being that the man:

A) Must be economically sound

B)Possess a level of maturity to handle multiple females at a time

If you don't mind my asking, what is your industry(i.e. career/trade?)

8. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Why? Because, you're mine, not hers. I don't want to be another man's woman, and don't want you being another woman's man.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't for "love" back then; we have the luxury of that right now, in the present. So take advantage of it!!! :lol:

And what does my work have to do with this, if you don't mind me asking? I already know you're somewhat against career driven women.

9. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    Now,now my dear Angie. A relationship with ProphetikGeneral means a shedding of all jealousy. Enough of PG to go around;).

j/k,

Not sure where I said I was totally against "career women". I'm only against the fact that careers for women produce competition with men instead of collaboration with men.Within the model that I advocate, a man creates jobs for his women. Sisters by nature are nurturers and it's time to regain that.I inquired only about your work because I'm typically good at telling what industry one is involved in/with. Think I might know yours.

10. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564

By personal experience, do you mean that you, yourself, are a polygamist?!?

The best benefit for Man and Woman is Balance--Maat. No way is 4 women to 1 man a balance.

What's with Brothers talking this Polygamy stuff? Who put us on to that?

What's the ratio? I heard some Brothers saying a large ratio, but the worst estimates are 96-100. Which isn't so extreme that a man needs 4 wives!