Black Education / Schools : Black Educational School System?

MANASIAC said:
Against:

These negros cannot even run HBCU's right. I would not dare attempt to run a black educational system that was not well planned, properly funded and with the right people in place.

I feel you on that ine brotha. So you are against because it is not properly run by the right or properly set up. And not to mention, I am starting to see many diverse faces around the Black College Campuses. But my point to asking the question is, I am talking about Black Elementary school Education, Middle School, High Scool, Vocational, and so on for children in the slums of America. My uncle runs the ONLY African-Centered Charter School in the State of Florida, and there is NO diversity in the student enrollment. It is strictly African-Centered, and they learn the best of our history. We need more schools like that around the nation, or we are going to give birth to a lot of lost children as this world goes on. Between my generation and the next upcoming generations, entertainment has become bigger than education. Now you have children who go to school and sit in the classrooms and play around on their cell phones instead of learn.
Is that what we want?

How many times do I have to say that the Black Education is the True Education. We put work into our knowledge, and all of us know that. We dont need children spending more money and time on cell phones than inside the books. Let's turn this thing around, because the white Euro-minded school teachers are not gonna do it.

Cedric Denson

Interesting topic Cedric. Now check this: I've joined AmeriCorp through Hands on Atlanta, which is a non-profit organization that goes into inner city schools to help tutor children. Now we are partnered with the Atlanta Public School System who is headed by a superintendent that happens to be a Black Female. Now this organization Hands on Atlanta (HOA) is in full support of the programs that the school has set in place for these "underachieving" children to help them learn. However the program is dummy-ing down math for these kids and not giving them any kind of challenge. (of course the school as well as the school system is like 85-90% Black) HOA is like "Black run" but "white owned", if u catch my drift. So to me, the school system is very detrimental to these children!! Now I hate working within this system, but I love these kids...not "these" kids "my" kids, because after day 1 I took ownership over their learning.

I see the way that the principal (who also happens to be a Black Female) talks to her staff, the teachers; which is very negative...this also trickles down from the teachers to the students; who are constantly being yelled at with very negative language. Now I know that middle school is a tough age to deal with because of the hormonal change, as well as the mindset of the young wanting to be adults, with the priviliges of a child--but these so-called educators must RESPECT THE CHILD FOR BEING A CHILD, AND EXPECT THAT CHILD TO BE A CHILD. So I feel where you are coming from when you speak about your uncle in Florida. Now I used to love the south, because I'm from Nebraska, born and raised in Omaha; but I'm beginning to learn how the self-hate and self-degredation is formed in the minds of Black people. Atlanta Public Schools is at the highest level of Black on Black crime because this is what we teach our youth :skillet: :skillet: :skillet:

They are not learning from the staff (which is 99% black) how to be productive positive parts of a community--they are learning something else...what, I do not know. But on the level of elementary, middle, jr and high schools, parents have to pay attention to not only their child, but to that school that the child is attending. So unfortunately a black staff is not necessarily the answer. Caring, understanding, and nurturing people are needed in the assistance of raising our youth.

And can u tell me, where in the hell are all the Black Male Teachers????

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back