Black People : As a white person, I offer my apologies.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... How do you stand, are you for or against Reparations? Are you for or against the apology, let us know your position?

A Lockean Argument for Black Reparations
By
Bernard R. Boxill
(for discussion at the April 1, 2003 meeting of the Research Triangle Ethics Circle)

John Locke, if he were alive today, would support a case for reparation for African Americans based on the enslavement of their slave ancestors. At least he would do so if he reasoned consistently from his principles. This is the thesis of this essay. I will argue that Locke’s views on inheritance, consent, legitimate government, freedom, and, of course, reparation, show how to correct, restate,and defend, the two main arguments for black reparations, the counterfactual argument and the inheritance argument. This should be a significant result, if it
is true, for Locke’s principles of political philosophy are persuasive and
appealing when properly understood, he is the first great liberal philosopher, and he has contributed more to how Americans think about moral and political matters than any other philosopher.
http://www.unc.edu/~gsmunc/EthicsGroup/Reparations_for_Slavery.pdf

Peace In,
... More important, most reasonable thinking people that I know or have read about are for Reparations and the Apology
Who are you to say what is 'more important' and you can't answer a simple question that you had no trouble asking to someone else?

So, I'll take that as a NO, the ancestor's haven't ask you to do, or ask for anything making your question to another poster in this thread hypocrytical.

Why the hell would i be looking for some 'apology' from the child of a beast, or the beast itself? All excepting their apologies are going to do is make it that much more easier for you to be re-captured! They're not apologizing because they're being sincere, they're apologizing to make themselves feel better about it.

If Locke can go on record in this manner, surely you can tell us your position, or will you?
- You want me to tell 'us', or YOU my position. Seems like you have caught another case of convienient amnesia again, as we've been thru this before in your reperations thread a while ago. Here, you have quoted someone else quoting Lockes PHILOSOPHIES on the matter , not him 'going on record' (as in approaching congress to pass the bill) about it.

Very misleading of you!!

Who are you to say what is 'more important' and you can't answer a simple question that you had no trouble asking to someone else?

... Boy oh boy, here we go again, lol... go back and find my answer in the post... smh, its in red... And when you find it, I'll accept your apology, okay?

Peace In,

... Boy oh boy, here we go again, lol... go back and find my answer in the post... smh, its in red... And when you find it, I'll accept your apology, okay?

Peace In,

I read your post the first time and you haven't answered anything. All you did was piggy back off what someone else said to give it the appearance of you suggesting that they asked you to seek an apology and reperations. Which is why i stated that is 'VERY MISLEADING OF YOU', but i didn't have to write it red. THE ANCESTORS DIDN"T ASK YOU A THING!

What you are doing is begging for inclusion and actually disrespecting the ancestors, as if their lives have a price tag attached to it, that their spirits will finally be able to rest peacefully if some white boy apologizes. Further, it shows that not only do you not know white people, but it demonstrates that you actually trust them to play fair with you. The way you carry on about the subject of reperations and even fronting now about you being asked by the ancestors brings me right back to the conlusion it usually does. That your push for it has no other purpose, other than to be self serving....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back