Black People : As a white person, I offer my apologies.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by thermal, Jul 27, 2012.

1. thermal

thermal New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I live in Vancouver, Canada. I've been quietly reading this forum with interest for a while now.

As a white person, I want to apologize for the hurt and suffering some of you have experienced at the hands of white people. I am sincerely sorry.

Defuse conflict and help encourage and build unity. Help us to focus on objectives and not be so susceptible to distractions that take us off course. Help us learn to love one another dispite our various opinions and world views.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    :hello: thermal ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

I don't think you owe any of us an apology, though it's a very kind gesture.

I'm glad you've been reading, found something of interest, and wanted to join.

Please make yourself at home.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    GREETINGS THERMAL....

THE CONCEPT OF INDIVIDUALITY.....DOES HAVE ITS VICTORIES.....REGARDLESS HOW PRACTICAL THEY ARE....

THOUGH....THE CONCEPT OF INDIVIDUALITY.....HAS A WORD WITHIN IT , THAT TO THIS VERY DAY....KEEPS US AS BLACK PEOPLE.....SEPERATED...

THAT WORD IS......DIVIDE...

IF THERE WAS AN APPEARANCE OF PROMISE....THAT YOUR PEOPLE WOULD SHARE YOUR SENTIMENT....ONE AT A TIME.....THEN WE AS BLACK PEOPKE WOULD HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO LOOK FORWARD TO....

BUT THAT PROMISE ONLY EXISTS WITHIN A VERY MANIPULATIVE PROGRAM....

YOU APOLOGIZING AS AN INDIVIDUAL IS GOOD.....AND WE GET TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ONE MORE WHITE PERSON WILLINGLY TESTIFIES TO WRONG-DOING ON BEHALF OF HIS PEOPLE....

HOWEVER....YOUR APOLOGIZING AS AN INDIVIDUAL.....ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH...

CONGRESS APOLOGIZING......ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.....

THE FACT THAT WE AS BLACK PEOPE GET TO RUN , DANCE , PLAY , AND SING.....FOR WHITE PPL'S FINANCIAL & ECONOMIC GAIN.......ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH....

AS AN INDIVIDUAL....I APPRECIATE YOUR SENTIMENT , THERMAL....

BUT AS A MEMBER OF AN OPPRESSED , ECONOMICALLY SHATTERED PEOPLE......I HAVE TO SAY THIS....

NOW THAT YOU UNDERSTAND......WHAT YOU GONNA DO ?

WARRIOR

4. thermal1

thermal1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Destee, thank you for your warm welcome.

WARRIOR, thank you for your thoughtful response. I humbly accept that one person's apology must be like a grain of sand in an ocean of injustice.

You asked me what I'm going to do. I try to treat all human beings with respect. One day we'll all stand before God and skin color, nationality, income, religion; all these divisive identifiers will no longer matter. And if they won't matter to God, then I'm trying to live so they don't matter to me. I'm not perfect, but I try to set a positive example around me.

WARRIOR, what else can I do that would help? I ask with an open mind and heart.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

Thanx, But I would like you to become an activist. Just stop your white friends when they go there.

6. Love Goddess

Love Goddess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +54
    Interesting....

7. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    We heard it all before, but rarely seen it. Props to you clarifying so if and when we see BS we can attribute it correctly. Besides my being harsh... welcome, although I doubt you will be an active contributor.

Sorry Destee, I'm just keepin' it real on my scale. Also I was testin' out the feature that was displayed in another thread, nothing for you to get truly alerted about. Just my testin' the feature.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    k @ Brother houserunner ... everyone gets to share their opinion if they wanna ... you too ... :)

Thanks for doing it so respectfully. No apology necessary.

Glad the @ feature worked ... :toast:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Welcome to Destee.com thermal, apology accepted. If the Government can apologize, why not you:

Apologizing for Slavery
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/apologizing-for-slavery.57132/page-14#post-585880

There is one action you could take, sign the Reparations Petition below:

Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads...rong-closer-than-you-think.61773/#post-637867

Peace In,

10. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298

THERMAL....

IT'S IMPERATIVE THAT YOU TRAIN YOURSELF TO PLACE A NEW SET OF VALUES IN YOUR BEHAVIORS....

CONSIDERING THAT YOU ARE ALREADY ESTABLISHED WITH WHATEVER YOU HOLD DEAR....IT'S TIME YOU LOOK FURTHER AND DEEPER INTO THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS YOU MADE WHEN YOU CREATED THIS THREAD....

WHY ??....IT'S SIMPLE......SHARING WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED NOT ONLY COMPLIMENTS WHAT YOU HAVE DECIDED TO ADMIT....WHICH IS THE FIRST STEP.........BUT SHARING THE TRUTH YOU HAVE LEARNED ALWAYS MAKES A DIFFERENCE....

WHAT SHOULD YOU LEARN ?......

1) THE POISONS OF WHITE PRIVILEDGE..

2) THE DUMBING DOWN EFFECTS OF " THE DOMINANT NARRATIVE "....

ABOUT #1.....

SINCE YOUR PEOPLE HOLD SUCH HIGH ESTEEM ON THE SCIENCE OF....." CREDIBILITY "......A BEHAVIOR THAT ENHANCES SELF-HATRED ON MY PEOPLE SO SEVERELY......THAT THEY DARE NOT PART FROM ITS ROOTS OF CLASSIFYING AND JUDGING ONE ANOTHER......

SINCE WE AS DESCENDANTS OF CHATTEL SLAVERY WERE STRIPPED OF HERITAGE , HISTORY , DIVINE CREED , NAMES , AND DIGNITY......FORCED INTO DEHUMANIZATION.....AND HAD ABSOLUTELY NO SAY IN HOW OUR FREEDOM AND EQUALITY WERE TO BE CARRIED OUT....

......THEN I SUGGEST YOU LEARN WHY WHITE PRIVILEDGE STILL EXISTS , ITS ORIGINS , AND WHY ITS GIVEN SELECTIVELY ONCE CLASSIFICATION , MORAL GUESSING , LABELING , AND CREDIBILITY HAS BEEN PASTED ONTO ALMOST ANY BLACK PERSON .....

THEN , REVEAL THE FALSEHOODS OF WHAT YOUR PEOPLE PROUDLY CALL....." THE AMERICAN WAY ".......AND DO WHAT YOUR PEOPLE HAVE TRULY MASTERED INTO AN ART FORM...

EXPLOIT THEM......

THE BOOK I RECOMMEND YOU BEGIN WITH IS TITLED...." THE ICEMAN INHERTANCE ".....by Michael Bradley...

ABOUT #2.......

YOUR PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT , PROGRAMMED , AND FORCED INTO A FALSE HISTORY ABOUT YOUR ORIGINS.....YOUR NATURE......YOUR DEEDS.....AND YOUR TRUE INITIATIVES CONCERNING RIGHTEOUSNESS.....

WHY ELSE WOULD BLACK PEOPLE HOLD HIGH VALUE ON SOMETHING SUCH AS......" GET AN EDUCATION SO YOU CAN GROW UP AND GET......A GOOD JOB " ??? ...

WORKING FOR WHO EXACTLY ??....

ANY BOOK BY AUTHOR TIM WISE WILL PUT YOU ON TRACK CONCERNING THE DOMINANT NARRATIVE......WHICH ALLOWS WHITE PEOPLE TO EXERCISE WHITE PRIVILEDGES......

.....AND BINDS THEM TO AN EVIL HYPOCRISY THAT DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY EXCUSES WHITE PEOPLE FROM TAKING RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENDLESS WRONG-DOINGS THEY HAVE CEMENTED INTO THE AMERIKKKAN CONSCIOUSNESS.....

NOW....IN MY OPINION.....

I NOTICED YOU MENTIONED GOD.....

SO....IM GOING TO ASSUME YOU ARE CHRISTIAN.....

WELL THERMAL , I WAS RAISED CHRISTIAN....BUT I NO LONGER PLACE VALUE IN CHRISTIANITY.....THOUGH I RESPECT CHRISTIANS....ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO VALUE THE TEACHINGS OF DR. JAMES CONE , DEVELOPER OF BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY....

AFTER LEARNING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE PROTESTANT RELIGION AND HOW THE FOUNDING FATHERS IN THIS COUNTRY ENDORSED THE PENTECOSTAL , METHODIST , AND BAPTIST RELIGONS..........ADDING IN THE FACTS OF HOW CHRISTIANITY WAS FORCED ON MY PEOPLE.......I CAN ONLY LOVE THE BLACK CHURCH , OUR ONLY REFUGE , FROM A HISTORICAL AND PRACTICAL SENSE.....

TO JUMPSTART YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR PEOPLE'S SPIRITUAL FALSEHOODS AND HOW THEY LINE UP TO FULLFILLING PROPHECY......I SUGGEST YOU PICK UP BRO. CLYDE COGERS BOOK......" DOES COLOR MATTER ?...ONLY WHEN MISREPRESENTED "....

IN THAT BOOK ALONE.....YOU WILL FIND SOME UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS.....

TO GAIN A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING OF RACISM , IT'S REAL MEANING , AND HOW IT'S MANIPULATIVE CHARACTERISTICS HAVE PROSPERED......BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR " BAMN ".....CO-AUTHORED BY THE MEMBERS OF GROUPTHINK.....HERE AT DESTEE.....

IN THE MEANTIME , LOOK UP NEELY FULLER AND DR. CLAUD ANDERSON.....

SO THERMAL.....OVERALL , YOU NEED TO LEARN WHY THINGS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.....ESPECIALLY WHY YOUR PEOPLE ARE SO COMFORTABLE WITH THE DENIALS THEY HOLD SO DEARLY TO HEART AND WILL KILL FOR.....WITHOUT INVESTIGATING WHY THEY HAVE BEEN SOCIALLY PROGRAMMED TO DO AS YOU JUST ILLUSTRATED.........

......WHICH IS....ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM AND THE GUILT......WHILE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO AFFECT THE CHANGE THAT YOUR PEOPLE DESPERATELY NEED....

I BEGAN THIS RESPONSE MENTIONING VALUES....

YOUR PEOPLE HAVE VALUES THAT ARE NOTHING LESS THAN SELF-DESTRUCTIVE TO BLACK PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY....BECAUSE WE GROSS OVER 880 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.....AND WE ARE ECONOMICALLY DISABLED.......AS A PEOPLE....

WHY ???.......BECAUSE OF THE VALUES WE CLING TO.....WHILE TRYING TO SURVIVE IN A CORRUPTIVE SYSTEM.....

WARRIOR