Black People : Can A White Person Be A Pro-Black Revolutionary?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Mar 16, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Can A White Person Be A Pro-Black Revolutionary? by Casey Gane-McCalla

When asked by a white student protester on how whites could help blacks in the fight for civil rights, Malcolm X once replied?.?nothing?. Since then, though the colors of the faces on the front line have changed, Black Americans? struggles have not. Malcolm X would later come to recant his stance on the position of white Americans, but still some blacks to this day feel a white persons sympathy is just another ploy to exploit African-Americans. Read More

2. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    A pro-black revolutionary? No. Although I might make an exception for John Brown. He was a unique radical in ways that no one person can and ever will imitate.

Can they fight in the cause of civil rights and human rights and be genuine about it? Yes.

I think white people should fight on a human rights level, and not on one of so-called black rights. I think we have some unique issues that only we can and should handle, and white people shouldn't really be an integral part of that.

But on a HUMAN RIGHTS level, they and everyone else should be fighting for the cause of gay rights, black rights, women's rights, children's rights, poor people's rights, international and amnesty rights, immigration rights, and all other kind of rights that enhance the living and wellbeing of EVERY ONE.

3. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    We seem to be garnering up an excessive amount of undue concern for white folks through these parts imho. Although I consider myself a fair person, I don't want to contribute disproportionately to that energy, so I'll just say a quick....NO, THEY CANNOT. Sincere whites work among themselves; they don't keep sticking their noses in Black business nor trying to shield themselves behind 'black best friends'.

4. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    I don't think that a white person could ever truly relate to- or comment upon- the 'Black Experience'...we know that our experience is unique, and that alot of what we experience is beyond the comprehension of many, beyond explanation or description, not 'quantifiable' in their 'logical' minds, only something which we as Black people understand...so to that end- no. I don't think they can. You have to really know what you're fighting for/against in order to do it properly...and even with the best will in the world, I don't think they do.

Hotep :)

5. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    I agree with the other posters...I feel like a white person can very much actively show that they are for the black cause and share their feelings and stand with the best. However, they cannot truly understand the plight and issues that we go through...

I think their voices are powerful in terms of speaking the truth about the situation and so forth...either way I think they can be strong advocates for our cause.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :toast:

7. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223

Only thing is, it seems as though the only thing they care to fight for is gays rights, and animals rights.

W.I.P :whip:

By the way, that was not a hate statement so please don't anyone get it twisted.

8. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128

I'm offended that you started a topic asking this bullSH.

9. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Get over it

10. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223
    I'm offended by the video. This guy is looking to be revered. Attempting to Silence the Klan don't prove nothin'.

W.I.P :whip:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can a white person be problack