Black People : Are Somali Women Africa's Most Beautiful?

As someone who keeps an eye toward asthetic trends and standards, this thread has been an interesting read. I have to agree with the brothers here who lamented about the preponderance of American black women being overweight or obese, however politically incorrect they may have made their points or stated their perspectives. And I am not someone who's been acculturated to believe that mainstream bodily "ideals" even necessarily apply to us. After all, more than one study has shown that black people have 10-15 percent more muscle and bone mass than our white or Asian counterparts; this explains in large part why many of us appear smaller than we weigh and even can gain muscle at a more rapid rate.

I don't know what's going on. Yes, it's easy to blame the prototypical, traditional, Southern-inspired black diet - the same food our grandparents and great-grandparents ate and fed their kids. But they were not as big as we are today, and in these times, we have more information at our disposal that extols the merits and virtues of certain diets/lifestyles. I have also seen a few documentaries about the mass production of food and the commercialization of agriculture, and the role this has played in the level of real nutrients people are consuming. Of course, we cannot talk about this without some inclusion of the proliferation of high fructose corn syrup in so many products and the two-income, frenetic pace that has many families relying on fast food or take out more than in generations past.

That said, these are all veritable reasons to be fat, obese or out of shape. But at the same time, for a great many, they are also excuses. How many sisters have I heard talk about not exercising because they don't want to sweat out their hair or mess up their straightened coif?

For some, I guess it's better to have a "bangin'" hair do than a bangin' body.

As for me, I choose both!

I periodically upload exercise videos on my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/blackmarriedmomma - in an effort to show just how people can use the equipment in the gym and not be intimidated.

very interesting take,corn syrup,I know where I live especially in the "hood" you see no grocery stores,but Wendy's.McDonald's,pizza hut,BK on every corner. A sister told me once that that government is giving out subsidies,if you open a grocery store with fresh produce in these areas. I guess it may not be the traditional southern type diet,processed foods.steroids etc.

Thick

avonte171.jpg

Not thick, fine. THAT IS NOT WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON SOME WEB SITES DESCRIBED AS THICK,

will agree about some of the ladys in the islands being materialistic, but then most of the time the players(that they are playing) got it coming, as I said come down and do it right. spend time dont do it via Western union. If Cuba is what turns you on go to it. Me no don't like the politics. Panama on the other hand is great, along with Costa Rica, Chile, Peru etc. :qqb015:

Not thick, fine. THAT IS NOT WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON SOME WEB SITES DESCRIBED AS THICK

Thick is between skinny and fat. like the Italian actress Sophia Loren is thick, Rosanne Barr is fat, get my drift? A woman that is thick has a defined hour glass figure.. a lot of people put labels on themselves that often not based in reality e.g Geraldo Rivera referring to himself as white.lol smh...

will agree about some of the ladys in the islands being materialistic, but then most of the time the players(that they are playing) got it coming, as I said come down and do it right. spend time dont do it via Western union

True dat!...West Indian women ain't easy...

If Cuba is what turns you on go to it. Me no don't like the politics. Panama on the other hand is great, along with Costa Rica, Chile, Peru etc. :qqb015:

Don't get me wrong they've got hustlers in Cuba aswell, and Americans are their main targets because they are often so gullible... I've only met one person from Panama, and I've heard Costa Rica has beautiful beaches.. I would like to visit all the countries you've mentioned, but first carnival in RIO!

You know, I have the greatest respect for cherryblossom and chevron dove, but please.
No one here is attempting to create divisiveness or anything like that. This thread is just us expressing our "likes", our personal opinions of what is & is not beauty. No one is suggesting that these opinions are universal or definite. We are not even saying that any of these sisters are better than the others. These opinions are based on each of our definition of beauty. I would bet if you were to ask each brother, each one would tell you that even though he finds certain things about a certain woman appealing, that he does find ALL African women beautiful. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Speaking for myself, but there are things that just make one woman more memorable than another, that certain something that I personally like about her more than others. I guess you would call it "the initial attraction", that one thing that causes you to approach one woman over the entire place.
Besides, if a man talks to every woman in the joint, then he's a player or something. but if he has tastes, and approaches one woman, he's selfish & snobbish?
I happen to find Swahili women to be a bit more beautiful than any other. But I also happen to find ALL black women to be beautiful and deserves worship as the mother of mankind.

just my 2 cent worth (because my wife loaned me a penny she took from my pockets last night)

Thanks Bro Kamau47.

I can receive this point-of-view from you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back