Black People : Young, black and buried in debt: How for-profit colleges prey on African-American ambition

I'm going back to school for another graduate program through the University of Phoenix which will cost me about $26,000 for a 19 month program.

This means I will be carrying student loan debt into my late 50s and early 60s. (My current balance to the Dept of Ed is $760).

Doesn't this all underscore the necessity of personal and family study of economics, accounting, finance, financial planning, and the like?

There is plenty of self-learning material out there. If someone was inclined, they could put together and distribute this content to people in need and start groups where people could learn together.

Shouldn't parents save up money for their children's college education?

My parenting experience left no room for savings, as it took every dime to just live day to day.

But yes ... absolutely ... if parents can ... they should.

I miss talking to you ... hoping all is well ... :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back