Black People : Young black women drinking hard liquour

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Jan 12, 2013.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Recently I have noticed something that is great cause for concern...young black women in Barbados drinking hard liquour. The age seems to be getting lower.
    I am not sure how this problem is affecting black women in the USA...
    Why are young people into this evil habit. To see a man drunk is one thing but to see a woman drunk is awful. When I was little girl there was a woman who drank so heavily, it really made her look old and ugly.

At my workplace a young woman told me she LOVES to drink... I told her this is not good...she said...you are talking foolishness.:(

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    But what is meant, to see a man drunk is one thing? I'm terrified at a drunk man, saddened at his state, but terrified also. People in general become despicable and a harm to themselves and others around them when they are drunk. someone I know closely was drunk when I was but 2 or 3, and he offered me some of his beer lying slump on a bed.:( I declined, but could not understand why he was such a miserable looking man at that moment. *sigh...down with drunkedness!

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    That is not foolishness, in my opinion, and it is a scary situation if young woman are beginning to hit the bottle, the hard liquor, because for one major reason; What if they should become pregnant!?

I don't hear too much about this being a situation over hear in the States right now, but I remember decades back, it was prevalent in the Native American tribes, as it was reported. And, it was said to have caused many issues regarding babies being born with problems due to the very issue.

Thanks for posting.